Greatest Moment of Playoffs? And Worst?
Congrats to the Lightning..awesome story.
Congrats to Flames for a good run...
I can't stand the people who constantly clain there's a conspriacy that the NHL doesen't want a Canadian champ. And the people who complain about reffing...those people are sore losers.
I also liked the Playoff videos shown on CBC and TSN.
My fav moment
-Canucks tying it with 5 seconds left of game 7
Runner up-Canucks winning Game 6 Triple OT
2nd Runner up-Dave Andreychuk lifting the Stanley Cup with TB
Worst Moment for me-Toronto beating Ottawa in Game 7
-Runner Up-Flames put out canucks in game 7 ot
-2nd Runner Up- The Lame Conspiracy Theory against canada...please......
Greatest moment of the playoffs:
games 3 and 4 of the nashville\Detroit, series. Preds come back to tie it at 2 all...and show the hockey world what an insane place the GEC can be. season ticket sales end up almost 80 percent above what they were at this time last year.
games 5 and 6 :(
The greatest for me was that thing last year where Kariya was knocked out cold by Stevens elbow, and then came back and scored the next goal
The worst is whenever there is a team with a LOT of bandwagon fans
Greatest Moments for me:
Andreychuck raising Stanley Cup
Honorable mentions: Game 7 Final clincher vs Philly, St.Louis elimination goal vs Islanders, Lecavalier tying goal 16 seconds left vs Montreal, Richards OT winner same game.
Game 5 Final loss
Honorable Mention: Game 6 loss vs Philly
For me, the worst moment was obviously when Gelinas scored to eliminate Vancouver.
The best moment for me was no single moment at all, it was the entire 2004 Stanley Cup Finals. It was back and forth, shot for shot, and both teams left it all on the ice in Game 7. I haven't seen such an exciting and dramatic Stanley Cup Finals since 1994.
Best moment: Cujo redeeming himself in games 5 and 6 of the Calgary series, basically standing on his head, but not being able to score goals so was left to hang out to dry.
Worst moment: Watching Gelinas kill Detroit, then watching Gelinas kill my 2nd favorite team San Jose.
Best moment: Winning it all in Game 7 at home.
Honorable mention: Vinny's gametying goal in Game 3 at Montreal with 16 seconds left. Not only incredibly clutch, just plain incredible. Richards' savvy winner in OT was the icing on the cake.
Worst moment: Losing Game 6 in Philly when we were 109 seconds from advancing.
Dishonorable mention: Game 3 loss in the Stanley Cup Finals. 3-0 and losing Fedotenko and Kubina? Ugh..
-Roenick eliminating Toronto
-Cooke with 5.7 seconds left
-Morrison in 3OT
-Lecavalier deking out three guys to pass to Fedotenko
-Auld pokecheck on Gelinas breakaway in 2nd OT
-watching Gauthier injure himself while trying to hipcheck Henrik Sedin
-Gelinas goal in Canucks series
-watching Marleau cry after San Jose got eliminated
Best moment has to be the Gelinas goal in Van.
Worst moment is the "what if" of his coulda-shoulda-woulda in game 6.
- Game 7 of course, Tampa wins it at home. What a freakin finish!!!
- Lecavlier's last second goal against Montreal to send it to overtime
- Lecavlier's pass off the net to himself
- St. Louis Game 6 winner
- Game6 Richards fights through 2 people and scores his 2nd goal while falling down
- Lecavlier vs. Iginila
- Sammy Kappanen showing astonishing will power by struggling to the bench after getting smoked by Tucker
- Kovalevs hurt wrist collision with Souray that results in Glen Murray OT winner (I really like Kovi but that play just looked hilarious!) :lol
- last but not least, the AMAZING save by Khabi in the final minutes of Game 7 (you all know which one I'm talking about)
- Stevie Y getting hit in the eye with the puck!
- Gelinas knocking out the Redwings in Game 6
- Toronto beats Ottawa in Game 7
- Ville's stupid hit on Lecavlier to ruin what was a very exciting game
- Boston blowing a 3-1 series lead
- Vancouver losing Game 7
- US TV ratings (rather than insult non-fans we need to spread the hockey gospel)
- Canada vs. USA stupid media spin and the even more stupid conspiracy theories
- Me having way to many Best's and Worst's :D
The best moment for me was being in the first row at Game 6 of the Philly-Tampa series and witnessing Primeau's miraculous goal to tie the game up with less than 2 minutes left in regulation. I still can't even contemplate how he managed to kick the puck across the goal line like that, and manage to bury it home.
1-With out a doubt Lecavalier lefting that Cup high and proudly, A day I will never forget, Will be happy for months. :bow: :banana:
2-Toronto beating Ottawa, yet again, although the nest few years ottawa will no doubt have the laughs
3-NJ lossing first round YES, YES, YES, YES :banana:
*3b-Andreychuk hoisting the Cup, he so deserves it
1-Canucks my fav team lossing game seven absolutely broke my heart :cry:
2-Lecavalier's head slamming into the boards, man I don't want to see that ever agian.
3-Suter and Fans impling the NHL did not want Calgary to win and tried to sway the series, these fans and the coach did a big diservice and showed no class to a great game.
Almost forgot another honorable mention:
Tortorella telling Hitchcock to "shut your yap".
Heh people may have had fun with that but who ended up shutting their yaps in the end? :D
SHUT YOUR YAP: THE WEBSITE
-Cooke's goal with 5.7 seconds left
-Morrison's OT winner
-Gelinas' OT vs Detriot
-Gelinas' OT winner vs Canucks
-Calgary losing game 7
Favorite: Khabibulin's save on Jordan Leopold to preserve the one-goal lead in the third period of Game 7. :bow:
Worst: Hal Gill unnecessarily icing the puck in Game 7 against Montreal, which gave the Habs the faceoff that produced the series-winning goal. :cry:
Game 7 SCF's - Best game of the playoffs. Watched Dave lift the cup and Richards win the Smythe.
Game 6 Bolts/Flyers - What an awesome game. Second best game of the playoffs. Just amazing stuff.
Game 7 Flames/Canucks - My Canucks didn't win, but the 'cardiac kids' almost pulled it out with their 3rd string netminder and their second best player out of the lineup! It was a little sweet though to see Gelinas move on.
Nieminen running CuJo - I just thought that was pretty terrible, even though I really like Nemo.
The Dallas Stars' effort against the Avs the entire series - In a word: Pitiful.
San Jose's effort in Game 7 of the WCF - I don't know what happened, but they looked AWFUL the entire game.
Forsberg to Sakic in OT
Chants of "Aebi! Aebi! Aebi!"
Gelinas eliminating the Canucks
Gelinas eliminating the Red Wings
Roenick eliminating the Leafs
Primeau's & Gagne's goals in Game 6 vs Lightning
St. Louis' OT winner in Game 6
Visions of Joe Sakic (Brad Richard's - #19 - idol) and Ray Bourque (Andreychuk, of course) :)
Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals: The local ABC affiliate covering tornadoes that started 30 minutes outside of the city, and by the 3rd period were an hour away..... not just during commercial breaks or intermissions.... but had nonstop, commercial-free coverage from 30 minutes before the puck dropped to a few minutes after the game was over :mad:
Games 1 & 2 of the Avalanche/Sharks series.... just ugly... and totally unprepared.
Conspiracy talk. From Bertuzzi to "No one wants the Sharks to win" to "The refs don't want the Avalanche to win" to "No one wants the Flames to win"...... etc, etc...
- Zednik's goal in the third period of game 7 vs Boston. They heard me yelling down the street.
- The goal by Brisbois with 5 minutes left in game 3 vs Tampa. The look on his face was priceless. I really thought that was it.
- Komo's hit on Thornton.
- Souray's knock out in Game 1 vs Tampa.
- Jovo going nuts in the penalty box after the Canucks tied game 7 vs Calgary with 5 seconds left.
- The catfish somebody threw on the ice in Nashville. :lol
- Gelinas' goal in OT that eliminated Detroit.
- Game 6 between Philly and Tampa because it was just an all around great hockey game.
- And of course, the Leafs being eliminated by Jeremy "It's Tricky" Roenick.
- Bergeron's OT winner in game 2 vs Montreal
- Kovalev slashed, runs into Souray, leads to Murray scoring in OT. Felt sick to my stomach.
- Lecavalier ties game 3 and then Richards banking the puck off Theodore in OT. Once again, sick to the stomach feeling
- The Riberio incident only because I'll be hearing about it for the rest of my life.
- Leafs beating Ottawa yet again.
- Calgary losing game 7 to Tampa.
- And finally the goal I THINK was in. The game wasn't even stopped to review it. Oh what could have been...
- the Lightning winning the Cup
- Morrison in 30T
- Cooke with 5 seconds left
- Gelinas eliminating the Wings
- the Sharks kicking out the Avs
- the Habs rallying from a 3-1 series deficit
- Primeau's all-world performance againt Toronto and Game 6 of the ECF
- Roenick eliminating the Leafs
- the Sens failing again (could also be under 'Worst' depending on how you look at it ;))
- Ribeiro writhing on the ice
- Canucks blowing 4-0 lead :lol
- Joe Thornton's effort, and Boston's effort as a whole
Best Game: Game 7 of the Finals, and Game 6 and 7 of Vancouver/Calgary
The worst for me is Forsberg skating off the ice after the Sharks eliminated the Avs. :cry:
Vinny in between the legs to tie Montreal in Game 3 of the ECSF.
Marty OT winner in Game 6 of the SCF
Iginla screaming at Kerry Fraser with 1:01 to go in Game 7.
Sutter's Conspiracy theory.
"Tucker just about KILLED Sami Kapanen!!!!!!"
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.