HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Montl.-Florida prop (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=82755)

boomboom 06-08-2004 11:28 AM

Montl.-Florida prop
 
To MTL: B. Mezei
O.Jokinen

To Florida: R.Zednik
R.Hainsey
M.Hossa
2nd round pick

RoyIsALegend* 06-08-2004 11:48 AM

I don't see any reason whatsoever for the Florida Panthers to trade their captain and best player, Olli Jokinen.

You should ask yourself why the other team would want to make that trade before proposing it.

Marksman 06-08-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom
To MTL: B. Mezei
O.Jokinen

To Florida: R.Zednik
R.Hainsey
M.Hossa
2nd round pick

I dont think Jokinen is going anywhere. Hes their best player, one of the few they are propably happy with. Panthers have bazillion young players (who Keenan doesnt like?) so only Zednik would have value for them. Habs dont even have 2nd rounder (Kovalev deal).

Btw. If that somehow would go down, what would you do with Ribeiro?

Jo 06-08-2004 12:19 PM

I wont do it if I was the HABS GM.. Jokinen is overrated in my mind.

boomboom 06-08-2004 12:21 PM

must admit you have a point ( Florida has alot of youg players)
what about taking Markov instead of of Hossa and Hainsey

417 06-08-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom
must admit you have a point ( Florida has alot of youg players)
what about taking Markov instead of of Hossa and Hainsey

That's not happening...he ain't going nowhere IMO

Souffle 06-08-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom
must admit you have a point ( Florida has alot of youg players)
what about taking Markov instead of of Hossa and Hainsey

That's even worse. Zednik + Markov + 2nd '05 for Jokinen and Mezei?

The only player from Florida that entices me is Anthony Stewart. But it would be too risky to trade the very solid Markov for a prospect, even for an impressive PF prospect with a good attitude, one whose father is a diehard Habs fans.

I still lament the fact that the Habs passed up the oppurtunity to swing a deal with Dudley. From what I gathered, Florida was willing to trade the 25th overall without asking too much in return.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 06-08-2004 01:23 PM

To Fla: Hainsey or Hossa

To MTL: Huselius

Why? I'm getting sick of reading their names and just want them traded already. Why not for each other?
Put us out of our misery.

If EDM is interested, we can work Isbister and/or Rita in for a nice three-way trade.

RoyIsALegend* 06-08-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
To Fla: Hainsey or Hossa

To MTL: Huselius

From a Florida standpoint, I'd likely trade Kristian Huselius for Ron Hainsey is Hainsey can prove he's a legitimate top 6 NHL defenseman. Huselius, despite his faults and incosistent play at time, has game-breaking ability, both speed-wise and skill-wise.

Darth Milbury 06-08-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
To Fla: Hainsey or Hossa

To MTL: Huselius

Why? I'm getting sick of reading their names and just want them traded already. Why not for each other?
Put us out of our misery.

If EDM is interested, we can work Isbister and/or Rita in for a nice three-way trade.


:lol:

Traitor8 06-08-2004 04:08 PM

I wouldn't touch any deal proposed here if I was habs gm.

H3ro 06-08-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
To Fla: Hainsey or Hossa

To MTL: Huselius

Why? I'm getting sick of reading their names and just want them traded already. Why not for each other?
Put us out of our misery.

If EDM is interested, we can work Isbister and/or Rita in for a nice three-way trade.

:joker: Good one!

Crossbar 06-08-2004 06:06 PM

If the player(s) isn't/aren't big, physical, and North American then Keenan will probably have no interest in trading for them.

loadie 06-08-2004 08:35 PM

What kind of D Man is Mezei? I haven't watched Florida much, but he's suppose to be pretty big right? If I'm not mistaken, he was also the player the Isles chose with the first round pick that the Habs traded for Linden? Can he get better or did he reach his max potential now? Any info would be appreciated...Thanks. :)

Moose Head 06-09-2004 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom
To MTL: B. Mezei
O.Jokinen

To Florida: R.Zednik
R.Hainsey
M.Hossa
2nd round pick

2nd = Mezei
Zednik, Hainsey, Hossa >> Jokinen

Terrible trade for the Habs

Chaos2k7 06-09-2004 12:51 PM

For your information, Florida traded two 2nd rounders last year to Tampa Bay to get that 25th pick, no deal was ever on the table because it was only ours for minutes before the selection of Anthony Stewart.

Rscorpio 06-09-2004 01:22 PM

what about


To Florida:

Hainsey + Hossa


To MTL:


Anthony Stewart :)

Chaos2k7 06-09-2004 01:23 PM

While I like both prospects... Keenan has been salivating over Stewart for two years now.

No dice.

FF de Mars 06-09-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
From a Florida standpoint, I'd likely trade Kristian Huselius for Ron Hainsey is Hainsey can prove he's a legitimate top 6 NHL defenseman. Huselius, despite his faults and incosistent play at time, has game-breaking ability, both speed-wise and skill-wise.

I'd definetly trade for Huselius, Montreal needs a short term fix on the wing, alongside Ribs and Ryder, until our prospects develop properly, and Huselius could provide that. I'd be down for a Hainsey - Huselius swap, it could help both teams, IMO. But, would it be possible to add Mezei to the deal? MTL needs defencemen, and I must admit, getting back our 1st rounder would make me feel good!

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 06-09-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars
I'd definetly trade for Huselius, Montreal needs a short term fix on the wing, alongside Ribs and Ryder, until our prospects develop properly, and Huselius could provide that. I'd be down for a Hainsey - Huselius swap, it could help both teams, IMO. But, would it be possible to add Mezei to the deal? MTL needs defencemen, and I must admit, getting back our 1st rounder would make me feel good!

Holy crap! I was joking about Huselius for Hainsey, but a few people seem to like it. Lets get this done! ASAP.

FF de Mars 06-09-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Holy crap! I was joking about Huselius for Hainsey, but a few people seem to like it. Lets get this done! ASAP.


Hehehe, it doesn't sound that horrible, but how about you throw in Mezei?!? Would the habs have to ante up more than Hainsey for Huselius and Mezei?

RoyIsALegend* 06-09-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rscorpio
what about


To Florida:

Hainsey + Hossa


To MTL:


Anthony Stewart :)

No.

Anthony Stewart is going to be the skilled power forward that every team in the league covets. His draft position last year was way too low, and there are 10+ teams in this league that are going to regret not acquiring him.

RoyIsALegend* 06-09-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars
I'd definetly trade for Huselius, Montreal needs a short term fix on the wing, alongside Ribs and Ryder, until our prospects develop properly, and Huselius could provide that. I'd be down for a Hainsey - Huselius swap, it could help both teams, IMO. But, would it be possible to add Mezei to the deal? MTL needs defencemen, and I must admit, getting back our 1st rounder would make me feel good!

I am not too sure why you'd consider Kristian Huselius as a short term fix.

He's only 25 years old, has two 20+ goal seasons under his belt in three seasons in the league, and has the skill level to be a very productive player for quite some time. Unfortunately, there is a plethora of young forwards for the Panthers to try and fit into the line-up, and Huselius' work ethic has been questioned. He definitely was not a Mike Keenan-type player when Keenan was behind the Panthers bench, and I'd hate to see Kristian's talent go to waste now. While I believe Jacques Martin could instill the consistency and drive needed for Huselius to be a first line winger, it'd doubtful that Keenan even lets Huselius stay around past the summer. He will likely address a team weakness by trading Huselius.

As for adding Branislav Mezei, I am not sure whether the club would be ready to trade him yet. He missed nearly the entire 2002-03 season with a brutal eye injury and had looked promising in the 11 games he played that season. This year, he had seemed to secure himself a permanent spot with the big club and did not encounter any trips to the minors. Unfortunately, he encountered another eye injury in February and it side-lined him for 37 games. At 6'5" and over 235 pounds, he has no choice but to play physical or else he's ineffective on the ice. Luckily, Mezei understands that and tries to play a very simple game. Envision Cory Sarich on the Lightning and that's what Mezei is like. Hard-hitting, defensive defenseman who recognizes his offensive limitations and positions himself well on the ice.

I'd say the Habs were getting a good deal if they were getting Huselius alone for Ron Hainsey, but to add Mezei free of charge would be a drastic overpayment by Florida.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 06-09-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars
Hehehe, it doesn't sound that horrible, but how about you throw in Mezei?!? Would the habs have to ante up more than Hainsey for Huselius and Mezei?

I'm an obnoxious CBJ fan, so I don't speak for Florida. I just want the following players traded immediately -- Hainsey, Hossa, Huselius, Rita and Isbister -- so I won't have to keep reading their names in trade proposals.

So, with that goal in mind. I'd give up Mezei, but only to get Hossa too. :banana:

FF de Mars 06-09-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I am not too sure why you'd consider Kristian Huselius as a short term fix.

He's only 25 years old, has two 20+ goal seasons under his belt in three seasons in the league, and has the skill level to be a very productive player for quite some time. Unfortunately, there is a plethora of young forwards for the Panthers to try and fit into the line-up, and Huselius' work ethic has been questioned. He definitely was not a Mike Keenan-type player when Keenan was behind the Panthers bench, and I'd hate to see Kristian's talent go to waste now. While I believe Jacques Martin could instill the consistency and drive needed for Huselius to be a first line winger, it'd doubtful that Keenan even lets Huselius stay around past the summer. He will likely address a team weakness by trading Huselius.

As for adding Branislav Mezei, I am not sure whether the club would be ready to trade him yet. He missed nearly the entire 2002-03 season with a brutal eye injury and had looked promising in the 11 games he played that season. This year, he had seemed to secure himself a permanent spot with the big club and did not encounter any trips to the minors. Unfortunately, he encountered another eye injury in February and it side-lined him for 37 games. At 6'5" and over 235 pounds, he has no choice but to play physical or else he's ineffective on the ice. Luckily, Mezei understands that and tries to play a very simple game. Envision Cory Sarich on the Lightning and that's what Mezei is like. Hard-hitting, defensive defenseman who recognizes his offensive limitations and positions himself well on the ice.

I'd say the Habs were getting a good deal if they were getting Huselius alone for Ron Hainsey, but to add Mezei free of charge would be a drastic overpayment by Florida.

I guess that Keenan would be keen on Mezei, so I'll drop him of the picture. As for Mezei, I'd be thrilled to have him play with Ribs and Ryder. If Dagenais can score 17 goals with them, I imagine Huselius could score over 20.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.