HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Larry Brooks: The return of the BLUE SEATS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=828325)

RangerBoy 10-10-2010 09:05 AM

The return of the BLUE SEATS

Quote:

When you talked about the Blue Seats at the Garden, you were talking about an attitude, not an upholstery color.

You were talking about passion, you were the talking about hard-core Rangers fans who made life as miserably loud as possible for the Bruins, the Flyers and the Islanders. But for the last 20 years, you weren't talking about the Blue Seats at all, eliminated in favor of some, oh, daintier hue in one of the renovations of the early '90s.

But the past is coming back to the future in the current massive overhaul of the building that in three years will make the Garden a 21st-century facility with all the amenities fans now demand when the work is completed.

And it's coming back Blue.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz11xrURj7F

No more aqua marine blue seats. 1,000 Blue seats at the 8th avenue end.

RangerBlues 10-10-2010 09:09 AM

They can paint them whatever color they want. It will never cover the cooperate **** that Dolan does to the fans at every turn.

WhipNash27 10-10-2010 09:25 AM

Brooks forgets to mention that those seats will probably cost like $70 a piece because Dolan figures that fans will pay to sit in the famous "Blue Seats"

haohmaru 10-10-2010 09:28 AM

When I had season tickets in the blue seats the year they won the Cup, the price was $16/per for the entire season. I remember being upset that I had to buy the 3 pre-season games, too. It ran something like $700/seat for the entire season (not including the playoffs).

I never understood why they changed the color. Glad it's back, but it seems a bit late.

turcotte8 10-10-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 28219823)
Brooks forgets to mention that those seats will probably cost like $70 a piece because Dolan figures that fans will pay to sit in the famous "Blue Seats"

The 400's "Blue" Seats we have now are almost $70 each if you're not a season ticket holder. The new ones will be like $150. :shakehead

Giacomin 10-10-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 28219847)
When I had season tickets in the blue seats the year they won the Cup, the price was $16/per for the entire season. I remember being upset that I had to buy the 3 pre-season games, too. It ran something like $700/seat for the entire season (not including the playoffs).

I never understood why they changed the color. Glad it's back, but it seems a bit late.

The Good old days. I had a friend of mine sitting at Charley O,s before game 5 vs Vancouver and a well dressed fan offered him $1000 for his 2 seats as he wanted to be at the game where the Rangers finally won the cup. My friend counteroffered by asking for what he payed for his full season and it was accepted. Needless to say my friend was in the building for Game 7 and his whole season was free.

DM23BK30 10-10-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris6net (Post 28220294)
The Good old days. I had a friend of mine sitting at Charley O,s before game 5 vs Vancouver and a well dressed fan offered him $1000 for his 2 seats as he wanted to be at the game where the Rangers finally won the cup. My friend counteroffered by asking for what he payed for his full season and it was accepted. Needless to say my friend was in the building for Game 7 and his whole season was free.

That SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS man. Game 5 was a great game until the 3rd period. I contemplated doing that for Game 5 because I had about 1500 bucks saved up for but I was in Boston for school and I had THREE finals on that Friday, so I by the time I got to the city for Game 7, it seemed like the price for one Game 7 ticket was going for 1500 bucks and higher.

John Torturella 10-10-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turcotte8 (Post 28220212)
The 400's "Blue" Seats we have now are almost $70 each if you're not a season ticket holder. The new ones will be like $150. :shakehead

Shock seeing you post in this thread.

turcotte8 10-10-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korpicowski (Post 28220956)
Shock seeing you post in this thread.

I don't know what you mean by that.

morffin 10-10-2010 11:03 AM

ahhh ...the good ole days when Blue Seats were 5 bucks...used to save my lunch money all week so I could go to the Sunday night games....mom was always wondering why I came home from school starving.

Lion Hound 10-10-2010 02:56 PM

Good job by Larry paying reference to the old Blue seats. When they changed it to Teal, people really were angry. Just didn't have the same feeling to it.

The Blues back in the day really were a sight to be seen. Some crazy stuff used to go down up there.

Some things of note...

People rarely if ever wore anyother teams colors up there, and if they did there is a good changce it would have been removed by the end of the first period.

If you were cheering another team up there you were walking a fine line...If you for one second rubbed in a goal, or questioned a call you were put in your place immediately.

Back in the late 70, and early 80's it wasen't uncommong to see fans up there take a jersey of the opposition, wrap it around a hockey stick and actually light it on fire and parade it around<--And security actually laughed it off! It was just a different time, and a much different mentality.

NYRFAN218 10-10-2010 02:59 PM

So basically we went from having the blues surround the entire ice in the upper deck to losing them on one goal side of the arena to now being just on one side of the arena to behind the goal. Interesting.

rickyrod 10-10-2010 05:59 PM

I don't like this at all. Make them all blue up there or don't bother. Fans can take care of the club's heritage without any help from the club at all. In face they usually just get in the way or do half-assed things like this.

Blueshirt Special 10-10-2010 06:05 PM

Yes. make them ALL BLUE. :handclap:

wolfgaze 10-10-2010 08:18 PM

Meh, just fix the damn sight lines, I don't care what color they paint the seats...

abev 10-10-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turcotte8 (Post 28221038)
I don't know what you mean by that.

I am pretty sure it's a case of mistaken identity. I had to look it up to be sure - I am fairly certain the comment wasn't directed at you. There is a user with a very similar name as yours.

nyrmetros 10-10-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 28219823)

sad but true.

turcotte8 10-11-2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abev (Post 28232778)
I am pretty sure it's a case of mistaken identity. I had to look it up to be sure - I am fairly certain the comment wasn't directed at you. There is a user with a very similar name as yours.

OK, Thanks