HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is this a new feature on nhl.com? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=828992)

Garbage Goal 10-11-2010 10:14 PM

Is this a new feature on nhl.com?
 
NHL.com has gone through a pretty good re-design and there's a pretty cool feature I've never noticed before. Apparently they collect photos that you can view for free or even buy a copy if you want. Click on the game recap or gamecenter tab and it's in the upper right corner of the screen under "Photos". They get updated as the game goes along.

Pretty minor thing, but it's pretty cool I think. There's about 34 pictures just from our game alone tonight and a few of them are pretty nice.

If this is a new feature, does anyone know of any others?

Jules801 10-11-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 28256237)
NHL.com has gone through a pretty good re-design and there's a pretty cool feature I've never noticed before. Apparently they collect photos that you can view for free or even buy a copy if you want. Click on the game recap or gamecenter tab and it's in the upper right corner of the screen under "Photos". They get updated as the game goes along.

Pretty minor thing, but it's pretty cool I think. There's about 34 pictures just from our game alone tonight and a few of them are pretty nice.

If this is a new feature, does anyone know of any others?


EDIT: OOH! I found that if you open the thumbnail in a new tab, it shows it.. and is <cough> saveable!!

Eh...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see the whole gallery at a decent size. I have to click on the tiny thumbnail just to have a separate window pop up...kind of annoying..

Garbage Goal 10-11-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 28256527)
EDIT: OOH! I found that if you open the thumbnail in a new tab, it shows it.. and is <cough> saveable!!

Eh...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see the whole gallery at a decent size. I have to click on the tiny thumbnail just to have a separate window pop up...kind of annoying..

Some of them you don't have to open in a new tab to save. Some of them are saveable as they pop up on NHL.com. Don't know why though.

The whole gallery should show up as a popup on NHL.com just by clicking the Photos link. Each photo comes up as a different size.

Jules801 10-11-2010 10:41 PM

Nice
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/201...5886_slide.jpg

Garbage Goal 10-11-2010 10:48 PM

Yeah, there's some pretty great pics in there. I even put one as my background. So I'm surprised this feature hasn't been given more attention

I've found my fair share of unintentionally hilarious pics browsing the other games as well.

infidelappel* 10-11-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 28256730)

That is so epic.

I'd kill for a high res version.

Jules801 10-11-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 28256947)
That is so epic.

I'd kill for a high res version.

Well, the purpose of this thread is to tell you that you can actually purchase one. :naughty: ;)

Beef Invictus 10-11-2010 11:32 PM

who wants a guerin picture?

PhilaFlyers 10-12-2010 01:08 AM

Pretty sweet Bob pic
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/201...4249_slide.jpg

infidelappel* 10-12-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 28257332)
Well, the purpose of this thread is to tell you that you can actually purchase one. :naughty: ;)

C'mon, who has money for that? I require free source materials for my photochopping.

Hollywood Couturier 10-12-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 28256730)

We need Simon Gagne as a ghost photoshopped into this picture.

infidelappel* 10-12-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon (Post 28261807)
We need Simon Gagne as a ghost photoshopped into this picture.

All too easy...when I get home from work and onto a computer that isn't turrible.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.