HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Obstructed view at MSG (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=829409)

nyrmessier011 10-13-2010 09:03 AM

Obstructed view at MSG
 
Hello all, been a long time since posting.

Quick question, and this can be deleted if neccessary... Are there any seats at MSG which have a partial obstructed view of the action? If possible can we make a list?

Thanks

Matteau Matteau 10-13-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 28277960)
Hello all, been a long time since posting.

Quick question, and this can be deleted if neccessary... Are there any seats at MSG which have a partial obstructed view of the action? If possible can we make a list?

Thanks

400s behind the goal in the last several rows...I had them last year and it sucked

You cannot see the goal below you unless you basically stand up.

The tickets really should have been discounted for obstructed view, but yeah right like that's going to happen.

Draft Guru 10-13-2010 09:10 AM

Yea, I had tickets in the 2nd to last row in 415 one time. Terrible view. Can't see the net at all.

ruckus* 10-13-2010 09:24 AM

Mine this year are in 412. I went to the pre-season game hoping they wouldn't be awful but I hate them.

You can see pretty much everything, but if you're not in the first row, you ALWAYS have people who are bigger than you/sit on the absolute edge of their seat, and it makes it almost impossible to see the goal. You can't see the near corner at all.

It's not the end of the world, but for me it's like what's the point? I'd rather watch on television if I can't see definitively.

I'm going to try and sell most of them for face value and then use the money I get back to buy tickets on ebay or wherever in other parts of the arena.

wolfgaze 10-13-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau (Post 28278027)

The tickets really should have been discounted for obstructed view, but yeah right like that's going to happen.

The few times in the past that I had to purchase tickets on TicketMaster for the home openers, I always had to pay full value for my seats that were designated "limited view". Did MSG's policy change on these seats?

wolfgaze 10-13-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 28277960)
Hello all, been a long time since posting.

Quick question, and this can be deleted if neccessary... Are there any seats at MSG which have a partial obstructed view of the action? If possible can we make a list?

Thanks

Aside from 3-4 sections on each end of the arena behind the goals, there's I believe 2 sections in the middle of the arena on the sides which are obstructed by concrete walls, not the entire section in those area but several rows where you cannot see a 1/3rd of the ice.

Nevertheless, if you're asking because you purchased limited view seats, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always get up and move to open seats. There are ALWAYS open seats, regardless of the game (home opener, season finale, playoff game, etc). Just wait about 10-15 minutes into the start of the game and then relocate accordingly. You shouldn't have any problems doing it. If someone says you're in their seat you just politely get up and move. Ushers won't give you too hard of a time as long as you do have a ticket for the 400's.

patnyrnyg 10-13-2010 09:46 AM

200 and 300 endzones can be bad too, especially if you have idiots in front of you who stand for every shot.

Avoid 401 and 428, the luxury boxes cut off your view of the goal the rangers defend twice.

nyrmessier011 10-13-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28278413)
Aside from 3-4 sections on each end of the arena behind the goals, there's I believe 2 sections in the middle of the arena on the sides which are obstructed by concrete walls, not the entire section in those area but several rows where you cannot see a 1/3rd of the ice.

Nevertheless, if you're asking because you purchased limited view seats, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always get up and move to open seats. There are ALWAYS open seats, regardless of the game (home opener, season finale, playoff game, etc). Just wait about 10-15 minutes into the start of the game and then relocate accordingly. You shouldn't have any problems doing it. If someone says you're in their seat you just politely get up and move. Ushers won't give you too hard of a time as long as you do have a ticket for the 400's.

craigslist, so no way to know aside from asking. sec 421 to the left in question...

Matteau Matteau 10-13-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28278385)
The few times in the past that I had to purchase tickets on TicketMaster for the home openers, I always had to pay full value for my seats that were designated "limited view". Did MSG's policy change on these seats?

I'm not totally sure because I upgraded to the 300s this year, but as far as I know it has not changed.

NYRFAN218 10-13-2010 12:21 PM

Tickets deemed limited view are still full price.

- 401 and 428 are obstructed by the luxury boxes. It could be as bad as not seeing a whole zone of the ice.
- 405 and 406 can be obstructed depending how close to the tv booth you're sitting. If you're closer to the 404 side of 405 or the 407 side of 406, you should be fine.
- As stated, the last rows of the 400's behind the goal are obstructed as you can't see below the goal line closest to you.

I think that's about it regarding the 400's.

Florida Ranger 10-13-2010 12:30 PM

Isn't some of the renovations supposed to take out the "limited view" seats?

Giovanni94 10-13-2010 12:45 PM

406 and 405 are obstructed if your on the side closest to center ice. Basically there's a wall that blocks your vision behind the far blue line.

I actually had these seats at a game two years ago, and man was I pissed. Luckily we were able to move over to some empty seats, but I had to pay full price of a pair of tickets that were crap.

I don't even think that the tickets indicated that they were obstructed view. I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.

wolfgaze 10-13-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 28280781)
Isn't some of the renovations supposed to take out the "limited view" seats?

Yes.

the fife flyer 10-14-2010 10:42 AM

Hi Guys,

I`m coming over in January to see the game against the Leafs.

I`m in 323 Row C 12 & 13 seats.

Does anyone sit near here or can confirm if they`re OK.

Thanks in advance

wolfgaze 10-14-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the fife flyer (Post 28301352)
Hi Guys,

I`m coming over in January to see the game against the Leafs.

I`m in 323 Row C 12 & 13 seats.

Does anyone sit near here or can confirm if they`re OK.

Thanks in advance

Your seats will be just fine. Enjoy the game.

The limited view/obstructed view is predominantly a 400 level seating issue.

patnyrnyg 10-14-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28302177)
The limited view/obstructed view is predominantly a 400 level seating issue.

That is not really true. The endzones of the 200's and 300's can be obstructed as well.

wolfgaze 10-14-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 28302304)
That is not really true. The endzones of the 200's and 300's can be obstructed as well.

Hence the word predominantly. ;)

There's at least 10 seconds in the 400's with obstructed views... I've sat in various parts of the 300's and 200's and it's not nearly as bad as what you can deal with in the 400's...

patnyrnyg 10-14-2010 12:49 PM

and there are AT LEAST 10 sections in both the 200's and 300's with obstructed view.

wolfgaze 10-14-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 28303333)
and there are AT LEAST 10 sections in both the 200's and 300's with obstructed view.

I never had an issue sitting on the ends of the arena in the 300's... What's the problem?

RangerFan23 10-14-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28303559)
I never had an issue sitting on the ends of the arena in the 300's... What's the problem?

Same. Sometimes you have to lean forward a little to see the near end of the ice, but I certainly wouldn't call it "obstructed".

the fife flyer 10-14-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28302177)
Your seats will be just fine. Enjoy the game.

The limited view/obstructed view is predominantly a 400 level seating issue.

Thanks buddy.

Much appreciated. :cheers:

Oh yes.....I`ll enjoy it. It`s been an ambition for 40 years and finally coming off :hyper:

wolfgaze 10-14-2010 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by the fife flyer (Post 28303920)
Thanks buddy.

Much appreciated. :cheers:

Oh yes.....I`ll enjoy it. It`s been an ambition for 40 years and finally coming off :hyper:

If you want a sneak peak of what your view will be of the ice, go here:

http://www.thegarden.com/seating/index.html

Select Event: Hockey, and then click on your section :)

dstoffa 01-21-2013 03:47 PM

Obstructed Seats in the the New Garden
 
It's safe to say that aisle seats in the New Upper Bowl, Row 12, are obstructed by the plexiglass wall above the portals. Anyone under 6 ft will also get to enjoy the sight of metal hand rails.

Although leg room is fantastic, as you are just above the knuckle and have nothing in front of you, you will be forced to look at more than half the ice through glass. If you want to watch hockey through glass, you can do that at home on TV for a lot less.

It should also be noted that low rows on the 31st St side of the 8th Avenue end MAY have views compromised by the media / broadcast team and their associated lighting and cameras.

Cheers!
-Doug

JDM 03-04-2013 03:03 PM

Hey fellas and gals,

I'm going to NYC in April and want to catch my first ever game at the garden. I have two questions for the pros here.

1) I'm looking at seats in section 209 row 11. Will my view be crappy here? From what I can tell, I shouldn't be obstructed, but wanted to check.

2) is ~100 a decent price for one ticket there? Seems so. Game I will be in town for is April 10 against the Leafs. There are still a crapload left on stubhub, and while I imagine Leafs fans will pour in and snatch up tickets, am I better off waiting until a day or two before the game to get tickets cheaper as people try to dump them, or will this game sell out and I'll get screwed paying even more if I wait? I know its always a crap shoot, but am curious what the trend is for the Garden.

Thanks for the help in advance. While I can't promise I won't be wearing my Kings Cup Camp hat (because it never leaves my head), I will definitely be cheering for the Rags!

Kane One 03-04-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 60950549)
Hey fellas and gals,

I'm going to NYC in April and want to catch my first ever game at the garden. I have two questions for the pros here.

1) I'm looking at seats in section 209 row 11. Will my view be crappy here? From what I can tell, I shouldn't be obstructed, but wanted to check.

2) is ~100 a decent price for one ticket there? Seems so. Game I will be in town for is April 10 against the Leafs. There are still a crapload left on stubhub, and while I imagine Leafs fans will pour in and snatch up tickets, am I better off waiting until a day or two before the game to get tickets cheaper as people try to dump them, or will this game sell out and I'll get screwed paying even more if I wait? I know its always a crap shoot, but am curious what the trend is for the Garden.

I'm not sure about the view, but you will most likely be paying more if you wait.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.