HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Rangers: Classiest Organization (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=830510)

ManicSubsidal15 10-15-2010 11:58 PM

OT: Rangers: Classiest Organization

I'm sure many of you didn't know him, but before the third period they played a segment for about a minute about Eddie Beloyianis. He was one of my best friends and prolly one of the biggest Rangers fans you can find. Like Sam said, he became friends with Leetch and Richter and Richter wheeled him around in his wheel chair.

He was paralyzed in the 7th grade after a doctor messed up his operation but he never let that stop him from living his life. He attached skis to his wheelchair to go skiing with his friends and also dressed up as a hockey goalie with us all the time. He passed away Oct. 9th after more complications after another messed up surgery.

I just wanted to say thanks to the NYR and everyone else who reads this and I'm always gonna miss my friend. I'd like to believe that after Boyle scored his second goal and kissed his glove and pointed to the sky with a bit of a tear in his eye, that it was meant for Eddie.

RIP Eddie, Let's Go Rangers!

FromTheSide 10-16-2010 12:03 AM

R.I.P :(

on a side-note, TWO botched surgeries? thats awful.

ManicSubsidal15 10-16-2010 12:12 AM

Yea it sucked, the second surgery they were supposed to do like a 3 inch incision to clean out some stuff and he came home with like a 9 inch cut and i knew something was wrong when after a week he still wasnt up to hanging out with anyone. It just pisses me off so much that it all came down to two idiot doctors.

Radek27 10-16-2010 01:28 AM

That was a very sad thing to see and it was classy to put it on. People don't realize the one on one connections these guys have with some fans like this.

RIP

Radek27 10-16-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 (Post 28339001)
Yea it sucked, the second surgery they were supposed to do like a 3 inch incision to clean out some stuff and he came home with like a 9 inch cut and i knew something was wrong when after a week he still wasnt up to hanging out with anyone. It just pisses me off so much that it all came down to two idiot doctors.

Every surgery has some risk even minor. I'm sure they feel just terrible.

I know people in the medical field and most join it because they really want to help people and when they fail they take it very hard. My wife is an EMT/Medic I know.

Dagoon44 10-16-2010 01:56 AM

R.I.P
I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. Use his loss as a inspiration for the rest of yours. God Bless his family during this horrible time.
Rick

Giacomin 10-16-2010 01:58 AM

I know a few posters complain about the Rangers gouging fans but I have found that the Rangers besides the Giants (especially when Wellington Mara was still alive) treat their fans the best.

NYR Lunchbox 10-16-2010 02:21 AM

god bless your friend and his heart may god rest his soul in peace, and in his honor LETS GO RANGERS

SupersonicMonkey* 10-16-2010 02:55 AM

Its always awful when good honest and especially young people go.

RIP.

Oustanding job by the Rangers to bring joy to people who really need it and deserve it.

NYRSchrute217 10-16-2010 06:21 AM

RIP to your friend. Very classy by the Rangers

mikesect424 10-16-2010 06:27 AM

R.I.P. fellow blue blood.

z1co80 10-16-2010 08:00 AM

RIP

Sorry to hear you lost what sounds like a great friend

Islanderfan17 10-16-2010 10:17 AM

Just came across this thread and must say I'm extremely sorry for your loss, it's nice to see someone with such a big disability that was able to still try and enjoy himself to his full potential.

And big props to the Rangers for doing what they've done for him, the Islanders are doing something very similar with kids that have cancer and its always very heartwarming. I think every team in professional sports should do something like this.

HAPPY HOUR 10-16-2010 10:19 AM

Ugh...RIP Eddie....

IAMREALITY 10-16-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 (Post 28338739)
I'm sure many of you didn't know him, but before the third period they played a segment for about a minute about Eddie Beloyianis. He was one of my best friends and prolly one of the biggest Rangers fans you can find. Like Sam said, he became friends with Leetch and Richter and Richter wheeled him around in his wheel chair.

He was paralyzed in the 7th grade after a doctor messed up his operation but he never let that stop him from living his life. He attached skis to his wheelchair to go skiing with his friends and also dressed up as a hockey goalie with us all the time. He passed away Oct. 9th after more complications after another messed up surgery.

I just wanted to say thanks to the NYR and everyone else who reads this and I'm always gonna miss my friend. I'd like to believe that after Boyle scored his second goal and kissed his glove and pointed to the sky with a bit of a tear in his eye, that it was meant for Eddie.

RIP Eddie, Let's Go Rangers!

Sorry for your loss and God bless him.

Barbara Underhill 10-16-2010 10:26 AM

RIP, and God bless it's hard losing someone close to you wish you and his family the best.

KotsyJr 10-16-2010 10:41 AM

RIP. Very sorry to hear this.

The Perfect Paradox 10-16-2010 11:08 AM

Really sorry to hear this, it never is fair when somebody is taken away like that. My condolences to all of his family and friends.

Also, moments like these make me proud to be a Rangers fan. Despite how the team plays on the ice, the Rangers organization is known as a classy franchise that always helps people who truly deserve it.

R.I.P

Bluenote13 10-16-2010 01:21 PM

Very sorry to hear the news.

So glad Eddie was able to hang with some Rangers, that's a big deal to a kid no matter what his situation in life. Our team has been bad at times, but we've truly been blessed with some really great Ranger's off the ice over the years I've been a fan. Tremendous community work that goes back many years, gotta respect the job the Org has done for hockey and the community.

RIP Eddie

Bird Law 10-16-2010 01:41 PM

****ing terrible news.

RIP Eddie.

My grandfather was killed by a doctor ****ing his job up, so I know the pain and anger associated with that.