HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Hasek Slide !!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=830673)

RedLightSunBurn* 10-16-2010 02:30 PM

Hasek Slide !!!
 
I remember pulling a flying blue line slide on a forward in peewee. It worked, but I haven't tried it since. Err, anyway, anyone else ever pull one off? I heard stories of kids getting injured when they get knocked over like bowling pins when us goalies try the "hasek."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8M2SNe6siA :handclap:

Jumbo* 10-16-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLightSunBurn (Post 28345016)
I remember pulling a flying blue line slide on a forward in peewee. It worked, but I haven't tried it since. Err, anyway, anyone else ever pull one off? I heard stories of kids getting injured when they get knocked over like bowling pins when us goalies try the "hasek."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8M2SNe6siA :handclap:

Uh its a bush move and should be a major for intent to injure.

How about if defenseman started doing that move. By would that be fun to see guys getting there knees taking out at full speed, but hey, if he gets the puck first its ok :rolleyes:

RedLightSunBurn* 10-16-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 28345063)
Uh its a bush move and should be a major for intent to injure.

How about if defenseman started doing that move. By would that be fun to see guys getting there knees taking out at full speed, but hey, if he gets the puck first its ok :rolleyes:

I know it's very dangerous. Thats why I havent done it since. I'll fly out to poke check but never stack em' up and make a trip wire out of myself. However, it wakes up the crowd :D

nyrleetch 10-16-2010 04:25 PM

That announcer is such a homer!

DA 17 10-16-2010 08:26 PM

Surprised Gabby didn't shatter every bone in his body.

RedLightSunBurn* 10-16-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrleetch (Post 28346643)
That announcer is such a homer!

"If your a goalie WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO? ca'mon!"


↑↑↑take the breakaway like every other goalie does. :shakehead

densetsu 10-16-2010 09:55 PM

Dangerous for the goalie, dangerous for the skater. Bad all around. I'm surprised they didn't penalize Hasek. I'm also surprised the league didn't add a "Hasek rule" to ban this move like they did with Avery's tomfoolery. (Yes, there are hip checks, but that's a part of hockey. This, arguably, isn't.)

What happened to Gaborik is bad enough; there's a very high risk of inflicting injury from the skater crashing to the ice on his head or shoulders. But let's take into mind the other possibilities here.

Scenario 1: The skater tries to jump over you, but his timing is off. Two skate blades with 200 lbs of weight on them lands on your legs, torso, arms, whatever.

Scenario 2: The skater sees you with a decent amount of time and tries to make a sharp turn, but loses his footing and slides feet-first. Again, 200 lbs coming towards you skates-first. I think most goalies have been in this situation -- a guy on a breakaway going full speed, then losing his footing -- and it's never a good thing. (Every time when guys slide into me, I'm standing up or in butterfly... I really wouldn't want a guy sliding skates first when my neck and head are on ice level.)

Scenario 3: Your defenceman is close behind, trying to keep up with the attacker but skates just around you. Meanwhile, you slide into the attacker and take him out feet-first. What happens to his skates? They fly up into the air and then back down. A huge risk to any other player standing in the near vicinity.

noobman 10-16-2010 10:28 PM

I did it to a friend at ball hockey once, in a shootout. I saw him put his head down for a second and I just had to take the opportunity.

It was a day or two after Johan Hedberg did it to Mats Sundin in an Atlanta vs Toronto shootout, so everyone was still buzzing about Sundin getting "Hedberg'd", as we called it. He jumped over me and didn't wipe out, but he didn't get a shot off either.

RedLightSunBurn* 10-17-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by densetsu (Post 28356321)

Scenario 1: The skater tries to jump over you, but his timing is off. Two skate blades with 200 lbs of weight on them lands on your legs, torso, arms, whatever.

Scenario 2: The skater sees you with a decent amount of time and tries to make a sharp turn, but loses his footing and slides feet-first. Again, 200 lbs coming towards you skates-first. I think most goalies have been in this situation -- a guy on a breakaway going full speed, then losing his footing -- and it's never a good thing. (Every time when guys slide into me, I'm standing up or in butterfly... I really wouldn't want a guy sliding skates first when my neck and head are on ice level.)

Scenario 3: Your defenceman is close behind, trying to keep up with the attacker but skates just around you. Meanwhile, you slide into the attacker and take him out feet-first. What happens to his skates? They fly up into the air and then back down. A huge risk to any other player standing in the near vicinity.

Well said, thats why I don't do it.

NJDwoot 10-18-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLightSunBurn (Post 28352713)
"If your a goalie WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO? ca'mon!"


↑↑↑take the breakaway like every other goalie does. :shakehead

I know right? its 5-0 Det and 2.5 mins left on the clock in the 3rd period... completely uncalled for IMO

Mantha Poodoo 10-18-2010 06:19 AM

2 things

1: Dom Hasek was/is insanely frigging talented.

2: Dom Hasek, like many goalies of his era, is a bit loopy

Unless you're both as talented and as nuts as Dom Hasek, don't do this.

RedLightSunBurn* 10-18-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDwoot (Post 28379051)
I know right? its 5-0 Det and 2.5 mins left on the clock in the 3rd period... completely uncalled for IMO

Anything Hasek does is justified for he Hasek. The greatest there was.

RedLightSunBurn* 10-18-2010 09:46 AM

[QUOTE

Unless you're as talented and as nuts as Dom Hasek, don't do this.[/QUOTE]

Oh,,, I am ;)

Purple hippo 10-18-2010 10:23 AM

I have tried it twice, it worked the one time, I was scored on the other time. By the time I got to juniors and semi-pro I stop doing it and just move to poke check or simply play the breakaway.

It was a ton of fun to do when I was a kid. :)

Bear of Bad News 10-18-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLightSunBurn (Post 28380067)
Quote:


Unless you're as talented and as nuts as Dom Hasek, don't do this.
Oh,,, I am ;)

You're as talented as Dominik Hasek?

RJ8812* 10-18-2010 10:48 AM

back in midgets, a goalie tried it on me. He took me out (I didn't flip like Gabby though), missed the puck, I landed on my stomach, recovered and put the puck in the net

not quite as dramatic is Richards' goal during the playoffs last year


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.