HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   How would this team do? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=83076)

ginner classic 06-09-2004 07:00 PM

How would this team do?

I was just perusing the free agent lists and was surprised, as I always am, the kind of talent that is out there. I decided to try and put together a team with a salary under 55 million, and see if I could come up with a playoff calibre team. I left out a lot of the obvious re-signings such as John madden, and others that are likely going to cost more than they are worth. I also left out players like Arnott and Isbister that may not be qualified, but are still the property of their respective teams. The salaries are just guesstimates of what they will sign for given the current uncertain status of the CBA. Here is what I came up with....

Kariya (5 million) Nedved (3.5) Kovalev (5)
Rolston (3.5) Zhamnov (3.5) Murray (5.5)
Konowalchuk (2) Ricci (2.2) Rucinsky (1.2)
McAmmond (1.5) Wiemer (1.2) Harvey (800 k)

Brylin - spare (800 k)

Zhitnik (3.0) Klemm (2.0)
Matvichuk (1.75) Hill (1.5)
Weinrich (2.0) Boughner (1.5)

Simpson - spare (800 k)

Burke (4.5)
Hedberg (1.2)

So I get a team with a payroll of 53.95 million that looks a heck of a lot better than what the Rangers have. Pretty amazing you could likely just build a team like this with all UFA signings.

DownFromNJ 06-09-2004 07:34 PM

Lots of UFA != team.

me2 06-09-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginner
I was just perusing the free agent lists and was surprised, as I always am, the kind of talent that is out there. I decided to try and put together a team with a salary under 55 million, and see if I could come up with a playoff calibre team. I left out a lot of the obvious re-signings such as John madden, and others that are likely going to cost more than they are worth. I also left out players like Arnott and Isbister that may not be qualified, but are still the property of their respective teams. The salaries are just guesstimates of what they will sign for given the current uncertain status of the CBA. Here is what I came up with....

Kariya (5 million) Nedved (3.5) Kovalev (5)
Rolston (3.5) Zhamnov (3.5) Murray (5.5)
Konowalchuk (2) Ricci (2.2) Rucinsky (1.2)
McAmmond (1.5) Wiemer (1.2) Harvey (800 k)

Brylin - spare (800 k)

Zhitnik (3.0) Klemm (2.0)
Matvichuk (1.75) Hill (1.5)
Weinrich (2.0) Boughner (1.5)

Simpson - spare (800 k)

Burke (4.5)
Hedberg (1.2)

So I get a team with a payroll of 53.95 million that looks a heck of a lot better than what the Rangers have. Pretty amazing you could likely just build a team like this with all UFA signings.

Kovalev might get more than 5, like wise Kariya might be ready to cash in a bit but probably won't get more than 6. Zhamnov will probably get 4+, he had a good playoffs. Rolston might be overpaid, Murray closer to 5. Some of the Dmen will get more than that.