HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hooliganism by Ranger Fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=830846)

mhurley 10-16-2010 11:21 PM

Hooliganism by Ranger Fans

I was appalled by the behavior I saw from some Ranger fans last night toward Leaf fans in the crowd.

A man and his wife were literally driven from section 408 by the boorish behavior of some fans in that section. A loud mouth in 409 was ragging on Leafs fans next to me for no other reason then they got up to cheer a Leaf goal.

If we, all Ranger fans, let this behavior continue we will get a worse reputation around the league then we already have. Do we really want to lower ourselves to the behavior we have experienced in places like Philadelphia, New Jersey and on the Island?

I am a Ranger. We are all Rangers. If we behave badly it reflects on us, our sections and the New York Rangers Hockey Club. If we accept the bad behavior of those around us we are just as guilty as the perpetrators.

If you see something, say something. Call security. Be part of the solution, not the problem. Bad behavior by any fan toward another is unacceptable.

Let's show some class.

HockeyBasedNYC 10-16-2010 11:28 PM

Agree. Being passionate is one thing, being a ****** bag is another.

While we are at it, can we put an end to the "Potvin Sucks" chant and all the "Shoot" whining on the PP too?

TylerDurden 10-16-2010 11:28 PM

1. You and nobody here is a ranger.
2. Call security for booing the other teams fans?

Grow a pair, it's hockey. I'm "appalled" by your post. Quit the crying.

HockeyBasedNYC 10-16-2010 11:30 PM

409 section i assume? ;)

Oh and hockey is played on the rink, not in the stands.

mhurley 10-16-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerDurden (Post 28360811)
1. You and nobody here is a ranger.
2. Call security for booing the other teams fans?

Grow a pair, it's hockey. I'm "appalled" by your post. Quit the crying.

As I was leaving I saw a Leafs fan down in the 300 section bleeding from the face and with a bloody jersey. You think that's necessary?

Maybe if some of the knuckle dragging apes in the Garden had their pair removed, they'd have less testosterone and behave like civilized human beings.

IAMREALITY 10-16-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhurley (Post 28360645)
I was appalled by the behavior I saw from some Ranger fans last night toward Leaf fans in the crowd.

A man and his wife were literally driven from section 408 by the boorish behavior of some fans in that section. A loud mouth in 409 was ragging on Leafs fans next to me for no other reason then they got up to cheer a Leaf goal.

If we, all Ranger fans, let this behavior continue we will get a worse reputation around the league then we already have. Do we really want to lower ourselves to the behavior we have experienced in places like Philadelphia, New Jersey and on the Island?

I am a Ranger. We are all Rangers. If we behave badly it reflects on us, our sections and the New York Rangers Hockey Club. If we accept the bad behavior of those around us we are just as guilty as the perpetrators.

If you see something, say something. Call security. Be part of the solution, not the problem. Bad behavior by any fan toward another is unacceptable.

Let's show some class.

Glad you didn't hear what we were saying to the leafs fans in section 320 LOL

Honestly? Some of the leafs fans were being complete *********s last night. You happen to catch the ones out front the Garden waving their jersey's around in fans faces as they walked out?

It's hockey. That's life. Like I said to the Leafs fan at the end of the game: You're in our house bich!

StaalWars 10-16-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 28360803)
Agree. Being passionate is one thing, being a ****** bag is another.

While we are at it, can we put an end to the "Potvin Sucks" chant and all the "Shoot" whining on the PP too?

The "shoot" garbage on the PP was especially awful at times last night in my section, 412. At one point some group of clowns started a countdown whenever the Rangers were set up in the zone on the PP. We've got more coaches in the arena than fans.

As far as the "Potvin Sucks" chant, maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I only recall it happening once or twice last night. It is pretty ridiculous though when you see kids that obviously never saw Denis Potvin play a game screaming "Potvin Sucks" at the top of their lungs.

I'm not going to condone the hooliganism but some of these Leafs fans went into MSG just downright looking for trouble. A group of about 4-5 teenage Leaf fans walked by my seats on the concourse screaming "we're gonna get rowdy tonight!" and I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see them all getting kicked out about 20 minutes later.

mhurley 10-16-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 28360854)
409 section i assume? ;)

Oh and hockey is played on the rink, not in the stands.

I only saw what happened in 408 and 409. It wasn't everyone in 409 that were abusing the Leafs fans there. Just one or two guys. they need to reign it in. I asked them to lighten up. I know one of them.
What they were saying to the Leafs fans was completely unnecessary.

SupersonicMonkey* 10-16-2010 11:36 PM

Yea, I've seen that sort of thing. Its not pretty.

Get into it, friendly jesting is fun. Laugh about it together. Have fun. Support your team.

But acting like you hate someone is just bad.

And I blame a lot of that behavior on alcohol.

Alcohol + large gathering = bad things happen.

The Lunatic Fridge 10-16-2010 11:36 PM

In their defense, every leaf fan i've ever met , not named steve dangle has been a complete d-bag in every way....

Same applies to habs fans.

But i agree i don't think anyone should be acting like that at games.

StaalWars 10-16-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 28360982)

Alcohol + large gathering = bad things happen.

Or, as often seems to be the case at MSG:

Young people that just turned 21 and can't hold their alcohol +

alcohol + large gathering = bad things.

we want cup 10-16-2010 11:57 PM

Meh, when you come to another team's arena, you have to expect verbal abuse. I wouldn't to to a Flyers game in a Rangers jersey and not expect to be heckled/harassed a bit. I also wouldn't be as much of an *** as I saw some Leafs fans being last night. One of them tried to start something with me on the street after the game. My friend had the good sense to get the two of us separated.

I also may or may not have made some "I hope you get deported" comments. Don't worry though, one of my best friends is Canadian. :laugh:

we want cup 10-17-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaalWars (Post 28360947)

As far as the "Potvin Sucks" chant, maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I only recall it happening once or twice last night. It is pretty ridiculous though when you see kids that obviously never saw Denis Potvin play a game screaming "Potvin Sucks" at the top of their lungs.

I'll admit, I'm part of this crowd. It's a team tradition. My parents taught me to do it when I was little, and I get a kick out of it. I don't do the whistling, but when I hear it, I always chant.

Jumbo* 10-17-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Let's show some class.

Are you kidding me? Way to tell half the story. Sure that guy got heckled a bit, but then he stands up giving everyone the finger and then challenges everyone to a fight who started then cursing at him, WITH HIS KID AND WIFE NEXT TO HIM.

He was the complete disgrace.

Richard Brads 10-17-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOWRanger (Post 28360983)
In their defense, every leaf fan i've ever met , not named steve dangle has been a complete d-bag in every way....

Same applies to habs fans.

But i agree i don't think anyone should be acting like that at games.

yea, same here. in fact last night some leaf's fans GF kicked over my beer, promised to buy me a new one and didn't! :cry:

but yea, like supersonic said bust chops in good fun but when people get nasty it's really just silly

mhurley 10-17-2010 12:10 AM

Did I say anything about how the altercation in 408 occurred? What I said was he was driven from the section.

The Leaf fans where I was in 409 ndid nothing more then stand up and cheer when the Leafs scored and for that they were abused and cursed at.

I have personally corresponded with the abused man from 408 and given the some of the morons I saw at the Garden (in my own section), I choose to give this Canadian man the benefit of the doubt.

Did you hear exactly how the altercation in 408 started or did you see the aftermath of the man reacting when his wife was being abused?

Never mind. the whole situation is both ridiculous and unnecessary.

Treating other people badly because they wear another jersey and cheer their team needs to stop.

NYRSchrute217 10-17-2010 12:26 AM

While I agree, certain fans last night were completely disrespectful of our arena. Was I the only one who saw that Leafs fan near center ice in the 200's heckling Rangers fans for about 5 minutes after Toronto's first goal?

NY Lito 10-17-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhurley (Post 28361700)
Did I say anything about how the altercation in 408 occurred? What I said was he was driven from the section.

The Leaf fans where I was in 409 ndid nothing more then stand up and cheer when the Leafs scored and for that they were abused and cursed at.

I have personally corresponded with the abused man from 408 and given the some of the morons I saw at the Garden (in my own section), I choose to give this Canadian man the benefit of the doubt.

Did you hear exactly how the altercation in 408 started or did you see the aftermath of the man reacting when his wife was being abused?

Never mind. the whole situation is both ridiculous and unnecessary.

Treating other people badly because they wear another jersey and cheer their team needs to stop

i agree. and maybe after the game we can meet up with the opposing team's fans for coffee and cake!!!

:sarcasm:

seriously stop whining. it's the nature of the beast. passionate fans+pride+close game=heckling. some people are more verbal about than others. some are also just naturally bigger d-bags than others. such is life.

i've been to games in philly proudly wearing my jersey and got as much as i could handle. do i b**** about it? do i cry about it? no. i expected it and got it.

and i don't know about everyone else here but i want the garden to remain a hostile environment. if you're wearing an other team's jersey don't feel comfortable. not saying you should feel physically endangered, but don't feel at home either.

FOXHOUND* 10-17-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhurley (Post 28361700)

Treating other people badly because they wear another jersey and cheer their team needs to stop.

uhhh no it doesn't. sorry but thats the risk you run going into an opposing building with your team sweater on. I agree that there's a certain line that shouldn't be crossed, but heckling? sorry thats happening.

Bardof425* 10-17-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Let's show some class.

I was in 425 Friday night and there was one Leaf fan in the section. He cheered when they scored and didn't try to antagonize anyone. But, I gotta be honest, if he would have looked for trouble he definitely would have found it. Those fans who come into our building and doing anything more than cheer for goals and great saves and prompt their team to do better are looking for a beating. It would happen to us in other cities. And if you don't think so, you haven't seen the Rangers on the road.

Puckface NYR* 10-17-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 28361519)
Are you kidding me? Way to tell half the story. Sure that guy got heckled a bit, but then he stands up giving everyone the finger and then challenges everyone to a fight who started then cursing at him, WITH HIS KID AND WIFE NEXT TO HIM.

He was the complete disgrace.

Thank you! I was a few rows up from this guy.....when you come and root ruthlessly for the away team you should EXPECT to be ridiculed with WORDS by the home fans. When I go to Islander games with my Rangers jersey, or Devils home games with my Rangers jersey I always get treated HORRIBLY (although not so much at the mosoleum since its half ranger fans nowadays) but the point is this guy got the verbal abuse....for cheering OBNOXIOUSLY for the AWAY TEAM! Then he proceeds to get up, give the middle finger to the entire crowd and start challenging people who are yelling at him to come down and fight.

He absolutely deserved to be thrown out and its a disgrace for you to be judging the process without even acknowledging the true story.

You act obnoxiously as an opposing fan....you will be treated poorly by the home fans ESPECIALLY in new york. If you dont realize that your just stupid.

Please think before you post.

NY Lito 10-17-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXHOUND (Post 28362014)
uhhh no it doesn't. sorry but thats the risk you run going into an opposing building with your team sweater on. I agree that there's a certain line that shouldn't be crossed, but heckling? sorry thats happening.

:handclap:

agree 100% buddy. it's gonna happen and should happen.

Drmckool 10-17-2010 12:36 AM

If anyone wears an opposing teams jersey into any building they are expecting some animosity. I'm a Leafs fan and as long as it doesn't get unnecessarily physical i say name calling is completely fair, hell i'd do it if we were in the ACC (and i do do it to Habs fans when i go to the Bell Centre).

terrrrrible 10-17-2010 12:37 AM

I was in 410, and I think I may have an idea of the guy or group of guys that were doing the heckling.
Had to laugh though at the stupid girl with the two guys over at the food stand near 405/6(?). She kept yelling "Screw the Rangers" and cheered really loudly and cursed out the Rangers when the Leafs scored. People just starting heckling her and the guys were just like uhhhh yeah.

There's no reason for physical altercation between fans, but heckling... whatever. **** happens.

McIlrathsWrath 10-17-2010 12:42 AM

thats why this is hockey, not dance class. when i wear my rangers jersey to the colliseum i know what im in for, and ive been in more than one altercation as a result of it... but thats what i expect. i think ranger fans are getting too soft. i seen a guy in preseason at the rangers senators game running around the entire ARENA,after the senators scored, dressed as a senator with a mock stanley cup in his hands mocking ranger fans. if i was a couple years younger i wouldve taken care of it myself. its embarrasing sometimes....the garden is turning into the opera.