HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Andrew Gross: New Lines in Practice (No Call-ups) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=830954)

Loffen 10-17-2010 10:35 AM

New Lines in Practice (No Call-ups)

http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

Frolov - Stepan - Fedotenko
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Avery - Boyle - Prust
Boogaard - Christensen - White

Staal - Rozsival
DZ - Girardi
Gilroy - Eminger

----------

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-17-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoFFeN (Post 28365243)

Avery - Boyle - Prust

----------

Ug-ly.

Cawlidge Hawkey 10-17-2010 10:36 AM

Sigh. No MZA :/

Loffen 10-17-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 28365255)
Ug-ly.

LOL, no ****.

The only good thing is that we haven't had to rely on Gaborik too much so far...
Hopefully Frolov will start shooting the puck more. He needs to get going.

OverTheCap 10-17-2010 10:42 AM

Although EC isn't a bottom 6 center, I'm kind of glad to see him there instead of centering the 1st line with Frolov and Fedotenko. EC on the 1st line without Gaborik would not be a pretty sight.

Hope Stepan is up for the challenge and makes the most of his opportunity. Frolov needs to step it up in Gabby's absence, he really hasn't done much so far.

Pugs35 10-17-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoFFeN (Post 28365314)
LOL, no ****.

The only good thing is that we haven't had to rely on Gaborik too much so far...
Hopefully Frolov will start shooting the puck more. He needs to get going.

True, but Gaborik has still been there to draw the top-pairings and the toughest matchups, now that's gone.

MisterUnspoken 10-17-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Ug-ly.

Come on guys that's a playoff team right there :sarcasm:

FiveAndAGame 10-17-2010 10:46 AM

I am not looking forward to the next month...

Blueblood 2 10-17-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugs35 (Post 28365348)
True, but Gaborik has still been there to draw the top-pairings and the toughest matchups, now that's gone.

Great point and greatest impact for sure. Stepan will be up against the best now.

KotsyJr 10-17-2010 10:50 AM

*sigh*

rangersfan111 10-17-2010 10:50 AM

that is depressing... i spent 550 dollars on ranger vs. leaf tickets this thursday... i will be paying that money to watch boogaard fight orr and lundqvist to make 80 saves and get chirped the entire game by the thousands of leaf fans surrounding me

RangerBoy 10-17-2010 10:52 AM

The Rangers wanted AA and Stepan to be their top 2 centers.

haohmaru 10-17-2010 10:54 AM

Well, when you lose 3 out of your top 9 forwards, your lineup is going to suffer. A lot.

BobSantos 10-17-2010 10:56 AM

Those lines look fine considering what's been done to the lineup via injury.

De facto #1 line will be Anisimov's, followed by two thirds (Stepan and Boyle's lines).

I bet White and Christ get moved around a lot if we get in trouble.

TheHotRock 10-17-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Avery - Boyle - Prust

----------

Fail

RangerBoy 10-17-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangersfan111 (Post 28365446)
that is depressing... i spent 550 dollars on ranger vs. leaf tickets this thursday... i will be paying that money to watch boogaard fight orr and lundqvist to make 80 saves and get chirped the entire game by the thousands of leaf fans surrounding me

What's depressing? Gaborik is the only significant player out. Drury has been out since the 3rd day of camp. Except for 4-5 days of skating with the team last week,Drury hasn't been part of the team. He has played 9 minutes of hockey so far this season. Prospal hasn't played any games and might be out for the season which was reported two weeks ago.

When you spent $550,did you look at the Rangers roster?

As a Ranger fan for nearly 30 years,I am excited to see the younger players receive significant minutes. That is the only way the Rangers will improve.

RangerBoy 10-17-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 28365485)
Well, when you lose 3 out of your top 9 forwards, your lineup is going to suffer. A lot.

Wait a minute. After the Buffalo game,Drury was an afterthought. We don't need him. Let him sit out.

Prospal has not played and it was looked at as a blessing is disguise because the young players would have a better opportunity.

Now it's a problem when the team has not won it's last two games. They've only played three games.

MisterUnspoken 10-17-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 28365546)

As a Ranger fan for nearly 30 years,I am excited to see the younger players receive significant minutes. That is the only way the Rangers will improve.

There are several more in Hartford on the bubble that could be playing as well. I wonder if the Rangers will actively seek to dismiss some of the "veteran" players at the deadline regardless.

eco's bones 10-17-2010 11:06 AM

Hartford plays today and if MZA had a good game the Rangers should think about bringing him up. That might balance things out a little better. Rangers look to be up **** creek right now.

Looking at some of Torts moves over the last few days I'm beginning to wonder if he's lost it. There's still no real use for White that justifies the money spent. Eminger and Gilroy look like bad choices too. Eminger in particular would look better in a Wolfpack jersey.

Miller Time NYR 10-17-2010 11:07 AM

Maybe the new first will prompt frolov to come out of ghost mode?

Loffen 10-17-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugs35 (Post 28365348)

Yeah, that's a good point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 (Post 28365641)
Maybe the new first will prompt frolov to come out of ghost mode?

Frolov has most of the time looked to set up Gaborik. Hopefully he'll take some more shots with Gabs out.

Kind of Blue 10-17-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Avery - Boyle - Prust

----------

I'd swap Stepan and Anisimov and I'd swap Boyle and EC.

WhipNash27 10-17-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Ug-ly.

Ug Lee?
http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/sys/ug.jpg

Anyway, I think they're nuts if they keep White over MZA. But... this is the Rangers, and hockey is different here.

rangersfan111 10-17-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 28365546)
What's depressing? Gaborik is the only significant player out. Drury has been out since the 3rd day of camp. Except for 4-5 days of skating with the team last week,Drury hasn't been part of the team. He has played 9 minutes of hockey so far this season. Prospal hasn't played any games and might be out for the season which was reported two weeks ago.

When you spent $550,did you look at the Rangers roster?

like you said... gaborik is a significant player and a game changer ... top 5 goal scorer in the league .... this team doesnt have a first line without gaborik ... and when you don't have a first line there is not much offense to watch...
Frolov-Stepan-Fedetenko is our first line .... think about it... process it ... get back to me ... don't forget gilroy and eminger as are third pairing defence
i am as excited as anyone else about our prospects but what does that have to do with anything ... i was excited to watch gaborik live (for the first time) ... now i can watch fedetenko take his place on that line

BobSantos 10-17-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangersfan111 (Post 28365837)
Frolov-Stepan-Fedetenko is our first line .... think about it... process it ... get back to me ...

First line in name only. Don't you think that Anisimov and his line will end up with the greater number of minutes when all is said and done?