HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Proposal: Col-cgy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=831076)

KesselIsUnreal* 10-17-2010 05:18 PM

Col-cgy

:avs
Jarome Iginla
Rene Bourque
Tim Erixon

:flames
Paul Stastny
Kevin Porter

Before Avs fans flame me for giving up their No.1 Center, Matt Duchene will probably become a No.1 Center, you get Iginla, a No.2 LW, and calgary's best d-man prospect.

please be nice

chewey 10-17-2010 05:22 PM

Value wise, its fair. Calgary overpays however, reality wise it won't happen. As an Av fan I wouldn't do it just cause we're in rebuilding mode and I am happy with our core heading into the future (most teams don't have the luxury of stacked centers down each line). If we were contending for the cup however, I'd probably do it.

Freudian 10-17-2010 05:22 PM

It wouldn't really make sense for the Avs. Our cup window won't be open in the next three years (even more so if we trade Stastny) so why would we need Iginla?

This is ignoring the fact that our management don't seem to want/be allowed to spend all that much money at the moment.

Other than that, obviously Avs get the better of Flames by quite a bit. Porter isn't worth much, Erixsson and Bourque should have quite a bit of value.

Duchene2MacKinnon 10-17-2010 05:23 PM

Stastny is the best player in that deal and younger than Iggy so, theres no point of trading him.

R S 10-17-2010 05:24 PM

No thanks for the Avs

JeffMangum 10-17-2010 05:25 PM

Another Iginla deal? Dear Lord, wtf is going on? Iginla won't be traded, and if he WERE traded, he'd be going to a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

S E P H 10-17-2010 05:27 PM

Calgary overpays imo. But as an Avs fan I would rather keep Stastny.

R S 10-17-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik (Post 28371414)
Another Iginla deal? Dear Lord, wtf is going on? Iginla won't be traded, and if he WERE traded, he'd be going to a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

http://images.art.com/images/product...0/11836924.jpg

PeterTheGreat 10-17-2010 05:52 PM

The one guy I really want from Calgary is Regher.

If we can make something work around him, I'd be all for it. He'd be a great fit for this team.

Bonzai12 10-17-2010 06:50 PM

I would do it. The only thing I don't like about the deal is Kevin Porter....Duchene goes into the #1 slot, RoR goes into the #2 (which a lot of people always say on this board, but maybe are hesitant to actually do?)...Both RoR and Duchene have high scoring wingers available at their sides....hell a line of Duchene, Stewart and Iginla? Or even split them up and put Duchene with Stewart and Bourque? I would do it.....It's not great for a 10 year plan but it's great for a 5 year plan....and that's ok with me. I'm in it to win it. The reason I don't like Porter in the deal is because I believe he's our 3rd line center...

And just FYI in about 2 years Hishon could step into that #3 role.

Freudian 10-17-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HishonHishoff (Post 28372697)
I would do it. The only thing I don't like about the deal is Kevin Porter....Duchene goes into the #1 slot, RoR goes into the #2 (which a lot of people always say on this board, but maybe are hesitant to actually do?)...Both RoR and Duchene have high scoring wingers available at their sides....hell a line of Duchene, Stewart and Iginla? Or even split them up and put Duchene with Stewart and Bourque? I would do it.....It's not great for a 10 year plan but it's great for a 5 year plan....and that's ok with me. I'm in it to win it. The reason I don't like Porter in the deal is because I believe he's our 3rd line center...

Sutter would have to be clinically insane to do a trade like this. If they are rebuilding they would hang on to Bourque and Erixsson to start with. So it's a weird hypothetical situation as it is.

I do think the question of what Iginla would bring in a trade is interesting. There aren't all that many teams that will challenge for a cup with a lot of cap space. Perhaps something involving Jordan Staal?

Frenchy 10-17-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat (Post 28371819)

If we can make something work around him, I'd be all for it. He'd be a great fit for this team.

me too , if there's a guy i want from Calgary it's Regher.

But as for this actual proposal , no thanks i'll keep Stastny

Quote:

Originally Posted by HishonHishoff (Post 28372697)

I think that they are still too young to be number 1 and 2 center , right now . But that's just me , maybe someone else will say that they are ready to take the workload

KesselIsUnreal* 10-17-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 28372812)
Sutter would have to be clinically insane to do a trade like this. If they are rebuilding they would hang on to Bourque and Erixsson to start with. So it's a weird hypothetical situation as it is.

I do think the question of what Iginla would bring in a trade is interesting. There aren't all that many teams that will challenge for a cup with a lot of cap space. Perhaps something involving Jordan Staal?

Well for a re-building team like Calgary they would be getting their long-term No.1 Center, Bourque will probably be 30-32 years old by the time Calgary fully rebuilds

shadow1 10-17-2010 07:30 PM

Maybe if Iginla were 5 years younger. Still an elite player at his position, but no longer a top five player. Avs can't afford to lose their franchise player, especially with a great player of their own at right wing (Stewart).

NOTENOUGHBREWER 10-17-2010 08:02 PM

Cant get that weak up the middle. Stastny is still the Avs best forward. Takes all the hard draws and generally matches up head to head vs the other teams top line.

Pure 10-17-2010 09:26 PM

Rather keep Stastny. Calgary can get more from that big package, but the Avs can't trade Stastny right now unless its for a player whose comparable in age.

Jimmy Carter 10-18-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat (Post 28371819)

Agreed. Regher is really what's missing on the team right now.

Duchene2MacKinnon 10-18-2010 12:57 AM

The avs have a better version of Regher in Hannan but I would love Regher on the team as well

Hannan-Quincey
Regher-Liles
Foote-Holos

Dame! That's a solid top six

Bonzai12 10-18-2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow1 (Post 28373350)
Maybe if Iginla were 5 years younger. Still an elite player at his position, but no longer a top five player. Avs can't afford to lose their franchise player, especially with a great player of their own at right wing (Stewart).

If Iginla was 5 years younger this goes from being an even trade to an absolute ripoff for Colorado.

I think this trade is pretty even...and I give the OP a lot of credit for bringing it to the table. You can't reject every trade because the Avs don't win outright in it. I think this is a hell of a lot closer than people think. At least it's not a Stewart-Jeff Finger deal like last year.

Blue Dragon 10-18-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy (Post 28373037)
me too , if there's a guy i want from Calgary it's Regher.

How about something centered around Theo Fleury? :sarcasm:

Seaward* 10-18-2010 09:09 AM

Not to be rude or anything, but what is the point of these trade threads?

NOTENOUGHBREWER 10-18-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HishonHishoff (Post 28378943)
If Iginla was 5 years younger this goes from being an even trade to an absolute ripoff for Colorado.

I think this trade is pretty even...and I give the OP a lot of credit for bringing it to the table. You can't reject every trade because the Avs don't win outright in it. I think this is a hell of a lot closer than people think. At least it's not a Stewart-Jeff Finger deal like last year.

Unless the Avs win the trade or get better in their area of main weakness (defense) what is the point? Trading just for the sake of making a trade?

Christian Litscher 10-18-2010 01:25 PM

If we were trading Stastny to Calgary I would imagine Bouwmeester would be coming back the other way.

Bonzai12 10-18-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER (Post 28380398)
Unless the Avs win the trade or get better in their area of main weakness (defense) what is the point? Trading just for the sake of making a trade?

....and that's why the trade forum on here is a joke....every team has the exact same bias....if your team doesn't "win", the OP gets flamed. How many trades have been win-win for both teams? Incredibly rare.

I don't understand the point of trade threads either, but I always at least try to give people credit where the trade is even...And I think this one is....Would the Avs do it? Probably not....but like I said earlier at least it's not a homer "Chris Stewart for Jeff Finger" deal.

Helton4Hall 10-18-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColAvsFan (Post 28383843)
If we were trading Stastny to Calgary I would imagine Bouwmeester would be coming back the other way.

Honestly, is JBo that good? I'm not sure.

I wouldn't trade Staz for him, unless another solid piece was coming back.

As others have stated, I want Regher.