HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hartford Rookie Netminder Gets Shutout Win Against Providence (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=831096)

Leslie Treff 10-17-2010 06:15 PM

Hartford Rookie Netminder Gets Shutout Win Against Providence

Cameron Talbot, the rookie just a little more than six months away from the NCAA tournament, stopped 41 shots tonight to lead the Hartford Wolf Pack to a 3-0 win in Providence. Named the game’s first star, Talbot made his first professional start between the pipes, and made some critical saves in the last half [...]

More...

Ail 10-17-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Treff (Post 28372167)
Cameron Talbot, the rookie just a little more than six months away from the NCAA tournament, stopped 41 shots tonight to lead the Hartford Wolf Pack to a 3-0 win in Providence. Named the game’s first star, Talbot made his first professional start between the pipes, and made some critical saves in the last half [...]

More...

Guess it doesn't really make sense to call anyone up if they just played 3 straight, which I completely agree, is ridiculous.

Meh.

Ranger Angst 10-17-2010 07:04 PM

Nice read , thanks. Valentenko stood out, that'S encouraging. You're right , the 3 in 3 is brutal.
This isn't baseball.

offdacrossbar 10-17-2010 07:30 PM

and the gradual spiral into oblivion seems to have begun for evgeny grachev

pretty soon, well run out of excuses for this guy.

time to step it up bro

before you get " sanguinetti'd "

Fitzy 10-17-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 28373358)
and the gradual spiral into oblivion seems to have begun for evgeny grachev

pretty soon, well run out of excuses for this guy.

time to step it up bro

before you get " sanguinetti'd "

Only one year of 19 year old OHL hockey, playing with Duchene and Hodgson, was enough to get the hype brigade out in force for this player.

Like I said 2 years ago, we should have jumped at the opportunity to get Martin St. Louis for this guy.

JimmyStart* 10-17-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 28373408)
Only one year of 19 year old OHL hockey, playing with Duchene and Hodgson, was enough to get the hype brigade out in force for this player.

Like I said 2 years ago, we should have jumped at the opportunity to get Martin St. Louis for this guy.

It's a shame most people have been saying he still needs to develop a lot more but it looks like for whatever reason his development has just completely stalled. Someone needs to get a handle on whatever is wrong with this guy and fix it otherwise he's going to end up becoming useless even as trade bait.

It's very telling if he repeats what he did last year but I still say next year will be the determining factor for him. If he can't step up next year I wouldn't blame people for losing hope.

SupersonicMonkey* 10-17-2010 08:09 PM

He's 20 years old!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blue68 10-17-2010 08:26 PM

MZA is a "non factor" but grachev is being zero'd in on immediately :sarcasm: