HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Some CBJ talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=83113)

jas 06-09-2004 09:37 PM

Some CBJ talk

Over at the BJackets board have MacLean looking to probably move down if Chicago takes Barker. From what they've said, neither Olesz or Tukonen interest MacLean, and Barker, Ladd and Thelen are the top three choices.

Edge 06-09-2004 09:47 PM

my guess is they'd probably take Ladd there because they'd worry about the Rangers taking him with their pick.

Assuming someone trades with CBJ, they'd likly take Olesz.

charliemurphy 06-09-2004 11:47 PM

I'm hoping Ladd is there at #6 for the Rangers.
I don't care what anyone says.
If he's at #6, Sather must pick him.
Then move up from our 2nd 1st rounder.

TKLOOCH22 06-10-2004 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I'm hoping Ladd is there at #6 for the Rangers.
I don't care what anyone says.
If he's at #6, Sather must pick him.
Then move up from our 2nd 1st rounder.

Thats just it though. You dont [/B]hope[B]. You do whatever it takes to get your guy and if it is Ladd for the Rangers, we gotta convince Chicago to trade with us even though they do have their own assortment of 2nds. I'm liking Ladd more and more. In the TSN.ca photo with Picard, Montoya, Ovechkin and Barker, Ladd looks just a tad shorter than Barker which is 6'3''. So he's quite a package that does it for me. Now if we could only get Radulov.

Potted Plant 06-10-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Thats just it though. You dont [/B]hope[B]. You do whatever it takes to get your guy and if it is Ladd for the Rangers, we gotta convince Chicago to trade with us even though they do have their own assortment of 2nds. I'm liking Ladd more and more. In the TSN.ca photo with Picard, Montoya, Ovechkin and Barker, Ladd looks just a tad shorter than Barker which is 6'3''. So he's quite a package that does it for me. Now if we could only get Radulov.

I think this is exactly wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. You don't do "whatever it takes to get your guy," otherwise everyone would offer the world for Ovechkin. You do whatever adds the most value to your team. If that means trading up, then fine. But it may very well mean trading down or standing still, even if we don't end up with exactly the guy we wanted.

TKLOOCH22 06-10-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I think this is exactly wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. You don't do "whatever it takes to get your guy," otherwise everyone would offer the world for Ovechkin. You do whatever adds the most value to your team. If that means trading up, then fine. But it may very well mean trading down or standing still, even if we don't end up with exactly the guy we wanted.

Thats flawed logic as it wouldnt pertain to the hypothetical situation of getting Ladd. Obviously if you're making a pitch for Ovechkin you'd have to offer up something pretty damn good. Ladd, While a great player himself, is probably not in the same bracket of value as Ovechkin so that is not fair.

I agree you do what is best for your team. That is basically exactly how i Said if the Rangers like Ladd then its a no-brainer to get the deal done. How many instances have you heard on draft day "We got our guy", "We did what we could to get our guy" and "Our guy was taken so we had to shift focus". And I really dont think it would sit too well with a GM knowing he didnt get what he wanted, and only "settled".