HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Opening Night Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=831556)

bscharf 10-18-2010 11:50 PM

Opening Night Entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q28z1sVmxZQ

Followed by a violinist and trapeze artists

Thoughts?

Provolone* 10-19-2010 12:05 AM

that was worth watching again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:cry:

morffin 10-19-2010 12:15 AM

entertainment capital of the world...and this is what the suits at MSG come up with ...but they only had an entire summer to get it set...pathetic.

GarretJoseph* 10-19-2010 12:20 AM

I don't know which was worse, this or when the announcer had the count down on the first power play

1 minute to go on the power play
30 seconds to go on the power play
15 seconds to go on the power play

People around me were yelling SHUT UP!!!

so funny. I was thinking to myself if they continue with this crap i'm selling my seats and watching in the bar.

morffin 10-19-2010 12:23 AM

forgot about that...I thought it was a new way Bettman had thought up to get long time fans fed up with the lg....I was relieved when they didnt do it the next PP. People in my section were yelling too. Was the PP clock out of order.....is that why they did it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 28398323)
I don't know which was worse, this or when the announcer had the count down on the first power play

1 minute to go on the power play
30 seconds to go on the power play
15 seconds to go on the power play

People around me were yelling SHUT UP!!!

so funny. I was thinking to myself if they continue with this crap i'm selling my seats and watching in the bar.

McMonster 10-19-2010 12:42 AM

listening to Ace Frehley sing was actually painful.

nyranger61494 10-19-2010 02:36 AM

Certainly a bad omen for the season...

BOXPLAY 10-19-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morffin (Post 28398359)
forgot about that...I thought it was a new way Bettman had thought up to get long time fans fed up with the lg....I was relieved when they didnt do it the next PP. People in my section were yelling too. Was the PP clock out of order.....is that why they did it?

yea the powerplay clock was out so they had to

Miller Time NYR 10-19-2010 06:56 AM

Listening to that bag of bones sing back in the new york blues was terrible, it's just a good thing msg network realized how bad it was an quickly cut to Sam and Joe u could tell they weren't expecting to start. But that was seriously bad they couldn't find anyone a little bit better, an acdc cover band would have been better.

LotsOfHags 10-19-2010 07:15 AM

I was actually looking forward to it but I must say it was horrible.

The powerplay clock however was pretty funny. Section 305 (where I was) all of us were just counting down.

Fitzy 10-19-2010 07:19 AM

I've never actually heard a live performer of this magnitude sign without carrying an actual tune before. it was quite eye opening and I think i'm going to appreciate good performances more from now on.

patnyrnyg 10-19-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 28399802)
I've never actually heard a live performer of this magnitude sign without carrying an actual tune before. it was quite eye opening and I think i'm going to appreciate good performances more from now on.

It was awful, as was brining in Craig Patrick and the other guy to drop the puck. I know it was to honor Lester Patrick, but I thought it was dumb.

Miller Time NYR 10-19-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 28400087)
It was awful, as was brining in Craig Patrick and the other guy to drop the puck. I know it was to honor Lester Patrick, but I thought it was dumb.

Yea that was pretty dumb, I have a lot of respect for Lester patrick but his grandkids or whoever they were was just pointless they are both affiliated with other teams so I'd assume their not rooting for the rangers.

IAMREALITY 10-19-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscharf (Post 28398007)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q28z1sVmxZQ

Followed by a violinist and trapeze artists

Thoughts?

Ace's act was so mindblowingly painful that you wonder how in the world he could truly be so bad. Every second of it was literally torture. It was truly that bad.

One neat personal anecdote about it though was that this was the first game I brought my sons to. The performance got so painful that we started booing. But even then it was still painful. So I had an impulse and started chanting as LOUDLY as I could "LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!". Since everyone in the arena was in the same mindset, by the start of my third time shouting it the entire arena had begun loudly chanting it (Yes, it was yours truly sitting in Sec 320 that started the LGR chant that drowned out Ace). My 6 yr old son turned to me with this huge wide eyed smile on his face and asked "Daddy, how did you DO that???". Even cooler part is that for the rest of the game, my son would stand in the aisle and every now and then shout LGR! while clicking two cotton candy bag sticks together for the clap part. He started the chant quite a few times (people around us really rallied with him. Our fans are the greatest) and had an amazing time. Precious memories I'll never forget.

bubba5 10-19-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaserShot28 (Post 28398531)
listening to Ace Frehley sing was actually painful.

I wish they could have stopped him for those of us that were there like they did for those who were watching on tv.

Balej20* 10-19-2010 09:13 AM

They would have been better off doing the old dog and Frisbee show during intermission.

I Am Chariot 10-19-2010 09:14 AM

As a general rule anything KISS related without make-up is a bad idea

ogie 10-19-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chariot (Post 28400679)
As a general rule anything KISS related without make-up is a bad idea

correction ... As a general rule anything KISS related is a bad idea.

This is 2010, not 1978.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan 10-19-2010 10:32 AM

You all forgot to mention the cupcakes given out:laugh:

pld459666 10-19-2010 11:07 AM

I actually liked the countdown on the PP.

Maybe not 10 9 8 7 thing, but every 30 seconds is fine by me.

wolfgaze 10-19-2010 11:34 AM

The violinist wasn't even plugged in correctly when they started the background music so the timing was completely off when they finally got it working.... Just an awful night for MSG....

Unpredictable1 10-19-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 (Post 28399720)
Listening to that bag of bones sing back in the new york blues was terrible, it's just a good thing msg network realized how bad it was an quickly cut to Sam and Joe u could tell they weren't expecting to start. But that was seriously bad they couldn't find anyone a little bit better, an acdc cover band would have been better.

I thought I was the only one to notice that! lol

Bluenote13 10-19-2010 02:46 PM

The production was absolutely awful, can't blame it on Ace's bad singing entirely. The back track was nowhere near as loud as his mic, most singers wouldve been in a bad spot there.

But again, MSG should be ashamed. Absolutely cheap, lazy and in a time where they should appreciate the fans every dollar;)

rickyrod 10-19-2010 04:05 PM

They should have just gotten the Sopranos to randomly come out and wave again.

qwertyaas 10-19-2010 04:58 PM

That was cringe worthy on opening night. I was actually happy they cut to Sam and Joe mid song.