HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Line Combos: ding ding ding (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=832211)

Icelevel 10-20-2010 04:49 PM

ding ding ding
 
Regin-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Winchester-Kovalev

Why doesn't the team have one game a week where the fans vote on the line combos? :nod:

alfie needs some rest from the top line. Put the younger guys up there.

(man this is a long break between games)

Mercurial 10-20-2010 04:53 PM

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=120

;-)

Icelevel 10-20-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercurial (Post 28428590)

exactly. :5:
get the working duos back together. one on each line. it's not so hard to put the puzzle together is it? CC?

Sens Rule 10-20-2010 05:29 PM

Regin-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Winchester-Kovalev

Regin - Spezza - Butler
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Alfredsson - Shannon - Kovalev
Ruutu - Kelly - Michalek

If Kovalev can't score with Alfredsson on his line then Kovalev sits and Winchester centres the Alfie line with Shannon.

kyle747 10-20-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster (Post 28428511)
Regin-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Winchester-Kovalev

Why doesn't the team have one game a week where the fans vote on the line combos? :nod:

alfie needs some rest from the top line. Put the younger guys up there.

(man this is a long break between games)

Because they would make coaches and GM's look foolish?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Rule (Post 28429180)
Regin-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Winchester-Kovalev

Regin - Spezza - Butler
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Alfredsson - Shannon - Kovalev
Ruutu - Kelly - Michalek

If Kovalev can't score with Alfredsson on his line then Kovalev sits and Winchester centres the Alfie line with Shannon.

I like the first two lines - why the hell not ? Put some damn energy in the forward groups.

You might have to put Michalek on the 2nd line if Foligno can't produce.

Suiteness 10-20-2010 07:16 PM

I would try these duos:

Michalek-Spezza
Regin-Alfie
Fisher-Kovalev

The idea is to create 3 lines that can create offense. You also get speed on 3 lines since we're slow as balls this year.

OmniSens 10-20-2010 07:55 PM

The way that Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson have been playing so far, it's hard to tear them apart. But, we really need Regin to produce.

The Hamburglar 10-20-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiteness (Post 28431098)
I would try these duos:

Michalek-Spezza-Neil
Foligno-Regin-Alfie
Shannon-Fisher-Kovalev
Ruutu-Kelly-Winnie

The idea is to create 3 lines that can create offense. You also get speed on 3 lines since we're slow as balls this year.

I'd try that.

Blehst* 10-20-2010 08:39 PM

regin - spezza - foligno
michalek- fisher - alfie
ruutu - kelly - neil
smith - winchester - campoli((lol)

aragorn 10-20-2010 09:20 PM

Personally, I would prefer Butler in the lineup over Shannon but I don't think that will happen until sometime in the new year or Shannon is traded. The three guys who could be traded IMO are Ruutu, Lee & Shannon ($2.8 mil). If we could trade those three to a team the equivalent return salary would be a player like Brunette, Mietinen or Cole or maybe a defensive defenceman like Shane O'Brien for Lee & Shannon. When Kuba returns our defence gets a lot better but the worry still has to be goal scoring & those three address that a little bit.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredson
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Kelly - Regin - Kovalev
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil

Campoli - Gonchar
Phillips - Karlsson
Hale - Carkner/Lee

Lehner - Elliott

heater123 10-20-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holybajesus (Post 28432761)
regin - spezza - foligno
michalek- fisher - alfie
ruutu - kelly - neil
smith - winchester - campoli((lol)

someone GIVE THIS MAN A CIGAR!!

i dont know why we didn't start the season with these lines, they had tremendous chemistry in the playoffs (sub michalek for cullen).. i'm praying to god we see this lineup soon! that top line had so much speed/potential!

albator71 10-21-2010 02:52 AM

Michalek - Spezza - Neil

Kelly - Regin - Alfredsson

Ruutu - Fisher - Kovalev

Foligno - Winchester - Shannon


Lee - Gonchar

Phillips - Karlsson

Hale - Carkner

Blehst* 10-21-2010 03:05 AM

you know whats really funny.. i just played a bunch of games on nhl11 and had

michalek - fisher - alfie on second line, michalek got a hat trick with fisher and alfie as assists plus one for me.... next game fisher nets two and michalek, alfie get 2 assists each.. this is basically the only line ive seen in nhl 11 that doesn't completely blow chunks... I mean I've gone through three periods with not one half decent shot on net.

heater123 10-21-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holybajesus (Post 28438667)
you know whats really funny.. i just played a bunch of games on nhl11 and had

michalek - fisher - alfie on second line, michalek got a hat trick with fisher and alfie as assists plus one for me.... next game fisher nets two and michalek, alfie get 2 assists each.. this is basically the only line ive seen in nhl 11 that doesn't completely blow chunks... I mean I've gone through three periods with not one half decent shot on net.

that formula gives us 3 solid lines, (our fourth line is meh).., our top line is full of young speed, our second line has proven scorers who will always pose a thread, our third line is nice and gritty, damn i wish i could call CC and suggest these lines lol... is his # in the phonebook?

Suiteness 10-21-2010 08:37 AM

Michalek and Fisher with Alfie is simply atrocious. Two janitors with a brain surgeon, a complete waste of Aflie's talents. Fisher and Michalek have zero hockey sense, they play hockey, they don't think hockey. You put Fisher and Michalek with Neil, not Alfie.

Icelevel 10-21-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiteness (Post 28439842)
Michalek and Fisher with Alfie is simply atrocious. Two janitors with a brain surgeon, a complete waste of Aflie's talents. Fisher and Michalek have zero hockey sense, they play hockey, they don't think hockey. You put Fisher and Michalek with Neil, not Alfie.

First game last year that Michalek-Fisher-Alfie played together the team had 50 shots. That line was good. Of course CC didn't leave it together long enough to make a fair assessment.

Whatever happens, Spezza needs some young creative guys on his line like Regin/Foligno/maybe michalek.

Icelevel 10-21-2010 09:47 AM

Lines at Practice
 
Michalek-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Regin


Why he doesn't put Alfie with Foligno and Fisher and then Regin back with Spezza is beyond me.

He just loves that 1st line.:dunno:

Suiteness 10-21-2010 09:58 AM

What I want to know is why Foligno is still getting top 6 minutes + PP time? Because he had a couple of good games in preseason? He's been totally invisible so far this year.

Fisher's best game this year (I should say his only good game)? Playing with Foligno and Ruutu. Why not keep him there?

Clouston is outcoaching himself.

ErikKarlsson 10-21-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiteness (Post 28440766)
What I want to know is why Foligno is still getting top 6 minutes + PP time? Because he had a couple of good games in preseason? He's been totally invisible so far this year?

Fisher's best game this year (I should say his only good game)? Playing with Neil and Ruutu. Why not keep him there?

Clouston is outcoaching himself.

Fisher never played with Ruutu and Neil. It was Foligno-Fisher-Neil and Ruutu-Kelly-Winchester.

Holdurbreathe 10-21-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson (Post 28440795)
Fisher never played with Ruutu and Neil. It was Foligno-Fisher-Neil and Ruutu-Kelly-Winchester.

I thought everyone had been tried with everyone else :sarcasm:

Suiteness 10-21-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson (Post 28440795)
Fisher never played with Ruutu and Neil. It was Foligno-Fisher-Neil and Ruutu-Kelly-Winchester.

Ah, thanks, it's hard to keep up with all the damn changes. Damn, it would make even more sense to keep all 3 together if it makes Foligno useful.

HockeyTownUSA 10-21-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiteness (Post 28440766)
What I want to know is why Foligno is still getting top 6 minutes + PP time? Because he had a couple of good games in preseason? He's been totally invisible so far this year?

Fisher's best game this year (I should say his only good game)? Playing with Neil and Ruutu. Why not keep him there?

Clouston is outcoaching himself.

So has Regin for all intents and purposes but he's there too. They'll probably get a few more minutes of time over Kovy's line but Kovy will play the PP and get his ice time, and chances are, the lines will be juggled anyway, especially if they go down 2-0. Hope they don't fall behind though. They need a win and playing from behind makes it that much more difficult.

But Fisher's 2nd goal that game came on the PP with Foligno and Shannon, so.......

operasen 10-21-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiteness (Post 28440766)
Clouston is outcoaching himself.

very enlightened comment. Something we do not hear a lot of talk about, but should.

Sensored 10-21-2010 11:35 AM

Michalek - Spezza - Shannon/Butler

Shannon has played well this year lets put him with people who can keep up.

Foligno - Regin - Alfredsson

All three are good along the boards and Foligno can stand infront of the net creating room for Regin/Alfredsson wrist shots.

Smith - Fisher - Kovalev

Kovalev wont do the dirty work himself, so let Smith and Fisher do it for him.

Rutuu - Kelly - Neil

Self-explanatory.

Magix 10-21-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster (Post 28428511)
Regin-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Winchester-Kovalev

Why doesn't the team have one game a week where the fans vote on the line combos? :nod:

alfie needs some rest from the top line. Put the younger guys up there.

(man this is a long break between games)


Perfect lines.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.