HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Province Canucks Support Rypien (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=832337)

Grub 10-21-2010 12:32 AM

Canucks Support Rypien

http://communities.canada.com/thepro...at-values.aspx

Here's some of it..

Quote:

The Canucks are still behind Rick Rypien, said Alain Vigneault who met with the in-trouble grinder Wednesday afternoon in Chicago.
Following the summit meeting, which included GM Mike Gillis, Vigneault indicated the Canucks are not giving up on him.
"I'm sure I can speak for the whole organization, teammates, management and coaches," Vigneault said. "He's a great young man. He's got great principles and values and we're really happy to have him on board with us."
It's presumed Rypien provided some sort of explanation as to what caused him to snap Tuesday in Minnesota where he became instantly infamous for bull rushing and grabbing a fan.
You have to think that during the meeting Rypien gave Gillis something to work with for his trip to New York where he will be in a position to defend his player when he meets the NHL brass.
"I'm not going to tell you where our conversations ... or the state ... or the thinking behind it," Vigneault said. "Obviously we met the young man and we'll take it one step further once the NHL comes up with its decision.
"Those are private conversations between a coach (Definately a sex scandal out of this one), player and a GM. We'll leave it at that."
Gillis will travel to New York with Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman and Rypien for Friday's hearing. The NHL requests in-person meetings when it is seeking a suspension of five games or more.
Many are predicting Rypien will be suspended for more than ten games.

RJC 10-21-2010 12:33 AM

His pet? what kinda douchey comment is that?

LostMyGlasses* 10-21-2010 12:34 AM

Creepy title dude.

SoggyBobcat 10-21-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJC (Post 28436904)
His pet? what kinda douchey comment is that?

Rypien is one of Vigneault's favourites.

Bourdon 10-21-2010 12:35 AM

How is this not about Bieska?

Jack Tripper 10-21-2010 12:35 AM

thread title should be changed or modded

shocking, an organization supporting one of it's players rather than hanging him out to dry

timw33 10-21-2010 12:36 AM

Honestly thought this would be about Bieksa.

OilerBoy888* 10-21-2010 01:32 AM

:facepalm:

I can't believe the media in Vancouver is so freaking silly.
Yeah, support Rypien, and who else? Bertuzzi, Cooke, Ruutu, and a bunch of cronies. The Canucks would be a better team if they took out some of the retards. Burrows and Bieksa should be sent the door also.

It wouldn't surprise me if management traded for Avery and Tucker just to complete the roster.

Seriously, if you guys got rid of all those troublemaking rejects and jokers, the team would be better and more focused on playing the game and actually winning something.

If any of you Canuck fans support that reject Rypien, I rest my case. I'm sure there are some sensible canuck fans out there knowing the fact that you can be on something great this year if you got rid of the garbage in this team. Those garbage include Bieksa, Burrows, and Rypien. Good riddance for the team for getting rid of Hordichuk. If you think I'm trolling, so be it.

Nazzy-19 10-21-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 (Post 28437815)

I can't believe the media in Vancouver is so freaking silly.
Yeah, support Rypien, and who else? Bertuzzi, Cooke, Ruutu, and a bunch of cronies. The Canucks would be a better team if they took out some of the retards. Burrows and Bieksa should be sent the door also.

It wouldn't surprise me if management traded for Avery and Tucker just to complete the roster.

Seriously, if you guys got rid of all those troublemaking rejects and jokers, the team would be better and more focused on playing the game and actually winning something.

If any of you Canuck fans support that reject Rypien, I rest my case. I'm sure there are some sensible canuck fans out there knowing the fact that you can be on something great this year if you got rid of the garbage in this team. Those garbage include Bieksa, Burrows, and Rypien. Good riddance for the team for getting rid of Hordichuk. If you think I'm trolling, so be it.

I agree, getting rid of our top goal scorer last year when we can't score for **** this year would put us on the cusp of great things.

VanEric 10-21-2010 01:35 AM

We should trade him for a drunk. Where could we find one?

OilerBoy888* 10-21-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazzy-19 (Post 28437859)
I agree, getting rid of our top goal scorer last year when we can't score for **** this year would put us on the cusp of great things.

Oh, and wasn't Bertuzzi one of the leading scorers back then? :help:

Nazzy-19 10-21-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 (Post 28437882)
Oh, and wasn't Bertuzzi one of the leading scorers back then? :help:

edit: not going to bother

OilerBoy888* 10-21-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazzy-19 (Post 28437896)
Bertuzzi had 17 goals the year he went crazy.

He was on a tear until crap hit the fan.

Wait till Burrows does something stupid. Clean up the garbage and you'll have yourself a true contender. You don't see teams like the Sharks and Hawks piling up garbage players doing crazy things on the ice.

You guys are only one or two players away from winning it, one silly move by burrows and it's over. There's more value in trading for a player who plays clean and works hard, than a scorer who skates around chirping at the opposing team's goalie.

campbell_soup 10-21-2010 01:53 AM

Apparently Burrows is a world-class, mentally unstable goon.

CanaFan 10-21-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 (Post 28437918)
He was on a tear until crap hit the fan.

Wait till Burrows does something stupid. Clean up the garbage and you'll have yourself a true contender. You don't see teams like the Sharks and Hawks piling up garbage players doing crazy things on the ice.

You guys are only one or two players away from winning it, one silly move by burrows and it's over. There's more value in trading for a player who plays clean and works hard, than a scorer who skates around chirping at the opposing team's goalie.

Dude, I'm gonna take you at your word that you are not trolling and try to actually explain to you in civil tones that you're take on Burrows is waaaaaay off. Maybe the Oiler/Canuck hatred is too strong to be rational about a player that is obviously a pest on the ice and plays right on the line of what is allowed (and sometimes crosses it), but mentioning him in the same sentence as guys like Bertuzzi and Rypien (i.e. guys who have "lost it") is unfair. There are many players like Burrows in the league who have never made a "silly move" that you are suggesting above. And just because you are a so-called "respectable" player - Shane Doan for example - doesn't mean you are above a temporary moment of stupidity either.

VanEric 10-21-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by campbell_soup (Post 28438003)
Apparently Burrows is a world-class, mentally unstable goon.

He made fun of Aaron Downey's potato farm. He's clearly a man without limits.

Nine to Five 10-21-2010 01:59 AM

Burrows dives. He should be sent down to the Moose asap.

me2 10-21-2010 02:03 AM

Seriously WTF is up with all the trolls. It's bad enough our board is overrun with home bred trolls. Now the foreign trolls are here.

WTB some timeouts.

Kickassguy 10-21-2010 02:07 AM

Not to mention he was also turned into Luongo.

campbell_soup 10-21-2010 02:08 AM

The Canucks are soooooooo unclassy.

Burrows pulled someone's hair. Burrows doesn't like Auger.
Ballard almost killed Vokoun.
Kesler made fun of Kelly Backes.
The Sedins are diving ugly sisters.
Luongo cries when his team's eliminated.
Samuelsson flipped off to his country.
Edler does head shots.
Rypien brutally assaulted a blind pregnant woma-no, poor handicapped kid-no, innocent Minnesota fan.

The list goes on and on.

No cup ever.

OilerBoy888* 10-21-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanaFan (Post 28438009)
Dude, I'm gonna take you at your word that you are not trolling and try to actually explain to you in civil tones that you're take on Burrows is waaaaaay off. Maybe the Oiler/Canuck hatred is too strong to be rational about a player that is obviously a pest on the ice and plays right on the line of what is allowed (and sometimes crosses it), but mentioning him in the same sentence as guys like Bertuzzi and Rypien (i.e. guys who have "lost it") is unfair. There are many players like Burrows in the league who have never made a "silly move" that you are suggesting above. And just because you are a so-called "respectable" player - Shane Doan for example - doesn't mean you are above a temporary moment of stupidity either.

Alright, and I'll keep it civilized here.
You don't see me ripping into the Sedins or Samuelsson. They go about their business and get the job done. On the other hand, many of you might back up Burrows, remember what he did with Bulin and Niemi? Both times, he spite the goalies and they stood on their head and made Burrows eat crow.

What makes you think he won't do it again? Marty Turco is a siv and Burrows will turn Turco into a Conn Smythe candidate through yapping into Turco's face.

Burrows can pot in 50 goals, heck win the Rocket Richard trophy, then what, goes goaless and disses the opposing team's hasbeen goalies transforming them into MVP all-world goalies.

Give credit where credit is due, if i'm a hawks fan, I'd thank Burrows for the cup.

As for the Oilers and my hatred for the Canucks, I have nothing against you guys, I'd rather talk smack with Flames fans and have someone beat down Iginla. Like a typical homer, if some oiler goon beat down some Flames fan, I'd be happy and hope it continues.

You guys have Torres already, he makes bone crunching game changing hits when it counts and he does not need to yap. Burrows will do something stupid and the opposing team would rally against him. Torres does not do anything like that. As an Oiler fan, I've seen what Torres can do and he can demoralize the opposition with a big hit rather than running up to the goalie and talk trash.

Red 10-21-2010 02:19 AM

Oilers fans trolling about Burrows is as predictable as Luongo in the shootout. Yes, us Canucks fans should absolutely hate our leading scorer, team sparkplug loved by his teammates, and occasional diver Alex Burrows.

Not surprised Vigneault and Gillis are supporting Rypien. He crossed a line as I'm sure they realize but he hardly did anything absolutely horrible like Bertuzzi. The organization supported him through his personal issues time off from hockey, whatever it was, so this is hardly surprising.

edit: Wow, that Burrows hate-rant above me is completely incomprehensible.

OilerBoy888* 10-21-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 28438205)
Oilers fans trolling about Burrows is as predictable as Luongo in the shootout. Yes, us Canucks fans should absolutely hate our leading scorer, team sparkplug loved by his teammates, and occasional diver Alex Burrows.

Not surprised Vigneault and Gillis are supporting Rypien. He crossed a line as I'm sure they realize but he hardly did anything absolutely horrible like Bertuzzi. The organization supported him through his personal issues time off from hockey, whatever it was, so this is hardly surprising.

How am I trolling. I'm just telling you guys that if you clean up the garbage and rid yourselves of Burrows, Bieksa and Rypien, you guys might actually get somewhere. Oh wait, I bet you want to bring in Sean Avery and Matt Cooke.

Red 10-21-2010 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 (Post 28438211)
How am I trolling. I'm just telling you guys that if you clean up the garbage and rid yourselves of Burrows, Bieksa and Rypien, you guys might actually get somewhere. Oh wait, I bet you want to bring in Sean Avery and Matt Cooke.

Well, Bieksa is a garbage player and most of us want him gone because he sucks. I'm assuming you mean he's garbage as in a dirty player which is simply not true. Bieksa hasn't been a tough or dirty player to play against for three years now.

Burrows is one of the best in the game at what he does and is hardly a dirty player. I would bet you a million bucks you'd be his #1 Oilers fanboy if he were on your team. Question: what does Burrows have to do with this thread at all?

VanEric 10-21-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 (Post 28438211)

A team could never win a Cup with Matt Cooke or Adam Burish. OOPS.