HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Injury Report: Doughty cleared to return to full hockey activity, expected to play Thursday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=832355)

Josh Deitell 10-21-2010 12:38 AM

Doughty cleared to return to full hockey activity, expected to play Thursday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Hammond
After the game, Terry Murray said Drew Doughty would not accompany the Kings to Phoenix, but left open the possibility that Doughty would join the team later in the trip. Murray did not elaborate on Doughty’s upper-body injury, other than to say that it took place during the first-period collision with Erik Cole. Doughty was not available for comment after the game.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/20...-staying-home/

Orenji 10-21-2010 12:39 AM

Doughty probably went to a doughnut shop after the first period and couldn't make it back in time.

No worries.

KingNick07 10-21-2010 12:41 AM

Hope its not too serious :-/

Sydor25 10-21-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingNick07 (Post 28437915)
Hope its not too serious :-/

If it keeps a hockey player from returning to the game, it is serious. :cry:

Cruel11 10-21-2010 12:52 AM

Scary comment on the Jackets board.

Quote:

Anyway, Cole whacked the hell out Doughty's head. You'd think a guy who got his neck broken would be a little more careful when doling out mid-ice interference hits to the head. Cole has always been a jerk, though, not much emotional self-control. I don't like him much.

Oh my...:(

DAkings20 10-21-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 28437994)
If it keeps a hockey player from returning to the game, it is serious. :cry:

not to mention keeps him from traveling with the team.

Orenji 10-21-2010 12:55 AM

Or you could say that the trainers wanted to make sure he didn't injure it more and kept it out.

And him staying just means the doctors need to look at him. Like any other injury someone gets. It's just that we play tomorrow, so he can't go tonight.

Sydor25 10-21-2010 12:56 AM

The 'canes board is making it sound more like a concussion than a shoulder injury. :cry:

Haik 10-21-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 28438000)
Scary comment on the Jackets board.

Oh my...:(

I checked my dvr and that's what I saw also. Doughty's chin hit Cole's shoulder. I'm thinking it's more of a head injury than a shoulder injury.

Orenji 10-21-2010 12:59 AM

Look on the bright side: NO RANDY JONES! Woohoo.

DAkings20 10-21-2010 01:00 AM

You can see the hit on tsn.ca in their highlights of the game.

KopitarFAN 10-21-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 28438029)
Or you could say that the trainers wanted to make sure he didn't injure it more and kept it out.

And him staying just means the doctors need to look at him. Like any other injury someone gets. It's just that we play tomorrow, so he can't go tonight.

This is my thought.

5th game of the season folks, now is the time to play it safe.

Sydor25 10-21-2010 01:02 AM

RT @jphoornstra: More Scuderi on Doughty: "It didn’t look too bad. He was walking around, he was talking OK – certainly a positive.”

Please be true.

Let Harrold play tomorrow and bring Greene back Saturday.

Haik 10-21-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 28438088)
RT @jphoornstra: More Scuderi on Doughty: "It didn’t look too bad. He was walking around, he was talking OK – certainly a positive.”

Please be true.

They feared a concussion maybe?

fsanford 10-21-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Please be true.

this would be good news. give him a few of days off and let him join the team
for the games next week.

DAkings20 10-21-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Please be true.

sounds like a concussion more than a shoulder issue.

DAkings20 10-21-2010 01:06 AM

Here's the first tweet from that guy:

"#LAKings defenseman Rob Scuderi said this about Doughty: “When you’ve been around a little bit you can tell if a guy’s got his bell rung ..."

Definitely sounds like a concussion.

Mully12 10-21-2010 01:08 AM

Wow, after seeing the hit on tsn.ca, I'd like to know why there wasn't a penalty on the play at least. The puck was well gone from Doughty's stick and Cole just threw a shoulder to his chin. Late hit, to the head, at least a suspension along the lines of what Doan got? (Not saying Doan deserved 3, but, just basing suspension length off his hit.)

Sydor25 10-21-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haik (Post 28438104)
They feared a concussion maybe?

Sounds like it. Head injuries usually keep players off of the ice. I'm sure they will want to test him tomorrow to be sure. He can join the team Saturday if he checks out. No reason to risk anything tomorrow.

Sydor25 10-21-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mully12 (Post 28438134)
Wow, after seeing the hit on tsn.ca, I'd like to know why there wasn't a penalty on the play at least. The puck was well gone from Doughty's stick and Cole just threw a shoulder to his chin. Late hit, to the head, at least a suspension along the lines of what Doan got? (Not saying Doan deserved 3, but, just basing suspension length off his hit.)

The NHL has had a very busy start to the season. Colin is going to have to out in some overtime to keep up with the reviews.

DryIslandBartender 10-21-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 28438124)
Here's the first tweet from that guy:

"#LAKings defenseman Rob Scuderi said this about Doughty: “When you’ve been around a little bit you can tell if a guy’s got his bell rung ..."

Definitely sounds like a concussion.

Possibly a concussion, but nothing is confirmed here. Could be that the Kings are being cautious with their star player. We're 5 games into the season and doing quite well. The defense can handle playing a couple games without Doughty. However, Doughty plays in every situation, and that's hard to replace.

KopitarFAN 10-21-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy (Post 28438184)
Possibly a concussion, but nothing is confirmed here. Could be that the Kings are being cautious with their star player. We're 5 games into the season and doing quite well. The defense can handle playing a couple games without Doughty. However, Doughty plays in every situation, and that's hard to replace.

But it's manageable. If Greene gets back in the next few days.

PK: Greene, Scuds and Mitchell
PP: JJ and Stoll
EV: Willie-JJ, Scuds-Muzzin, Greene-Wiske.

Ollie Weeks 10-21-2010 01:24 AM

Absolutely manageable at this point in time. Let him take all the time he needs.

Mully12 10-21-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 28438144)
The NHL has had a very busy start to the season. Colin is going to have to out in some overtime to keep up with the reviews.

Meh, just use interns.

Honestly after seeing Letang get 5 mins and a game misconduct for a pretty obvious clean hit, but Cole can throw a pretty obvious late hit and get away with it (in the game anyway) shows there isn't any consistancy to how these calls are being made and/or the referees haven't come to a consensus on what is a penalty and what isnt.

FroFan 10-21-2010 01:34 AM

That hit definitely warrants a suspension: late, blind-side, and to the head. It was no accident, either. I was hoping somebody would feed Cole his teeth, but it didn't happen.