HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers PP (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=832621)

HardHitt3n 10-21-2010 06:51 PM

Flyers PP

Just wanted to know where it has gone wrong. The pp looks atrocious.

Garbage Goal 10-21-2010 07:02 PM

It's October. Have to give it more time.

DickTony 10-21-2010 07:02 PM

It's on vacation.

Seriously.

Who the **** knows

Spongolium* 10-21-2010 07:29 PM

Gone in the same direction as our defense by the looks of it

RoDu 10-21-2010 07:41 PM

poop

SolidSnakeUS 10-21-2010 08:47 PM

What PP?

Alchemy 10-21-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 28451641)
Gone in the same direction as our defense by the looks of it

Defense hasn't been all world but jesus the forwards aren't help supporting them. I would really like someone to actually download a game and study how terrible certain forwards are defensively. Briere is terrible at center defensively. People don't want to admit it but so is Giroux at center when its 5 on 5. Carter needs to move back at center..

BernieParent 10-21-2010 08:57 PM

You mean the Peco Power Failure?

They can't even cycle the puck correctly. It's either the forwards chasing the puck around in the offensive zone, or they're skating back to get it from their own end.

SgtJoseph 10-23-2010 01:42 PM

In my opinion they are trying to get to damn cute with the puck, instead of shooting the puck at the net and getting juicy rebounds, good screens etc.Shoot the puck into a crowd in front of the net and good things happen more times than trying to get cute with the fancy passing sports center highlights type goals.I wish we had that kid Stamkos from Tampa bay....He is LETHAL !

GKJ 10-23-2010 01:49 PM

I would still really like to see them try Pronger in front of the net and dare someone to try and move him out of there and still have four working extremities.

Garbage Goal 10-23-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 28485049)
I would still really like to see them try Pronger in front of the net and dare someone to try and move him out of there and still have four working extremities.

Worked last year.

Probably sucks for the goalie having to see around Pronger too (plus whoever tries to cover Pronger).

Vikke 10-23-2010 03:04 PM

Simplify it.
Get someone in front of the net, pass around, shoot. As soon as we get on the PP, everyone's looking for the perfect play, that really isn't perfect in reality.

Andrew Knoll 10-24-2010 12:12 PM

It looked better yesterday, during the one stretch they had five or six shots on net and they seemed to be moving the puck with more purpose. The five-minute major didn't yield anything but by then they were playing pretty conservatively with a three-goal lead and Toronto had a couple inspired shifts from their PK.

I haven't been watching the Flyers religiously this year but I've seen three games in their entirety now and this team looks a little weary. I don't know if it was the physical rigors of last season, the emotional disappointment, both or something else but they didn't come out sharp.

It'll turn around quickly, already yesterday got their offense going a little, in time I think they will round into form and play pretty well. It's not like the Devils are off to any wonderful start either, I cannot imagine both not being playoff teams.

DMadd 10-24-2010 04:55 PM

I think they should try Mez-Pronger, Timmonen-Richards for the point men, and go with Carter-Giroux-JvR, and Hartnell-Briere-Lieno for the fowards

LEIFey 10-24-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMadd (Post 28514701)
I think they should try Mez-Pronger, Timmonen-Richards for the point men, and go with Carter-Giroux-JvR, and Hartnell-Briere-Lieno for the fowards

Richards played point for a little when Pronger was out. He didn't look nearly as comfortable as he has in the past. And Carle/Coburn certainly deserve PP time.

captainpaxil 10-24-2010 06:57 PM

theres no one to put in front of the net. jvr is still developing and hartnell is more grinder than power forward. the coach is getting solid effort out of them but its really a case of square peg and round hole.

BernieParent 10-24-2010 08:54 PM

Stamkos -- to name one -- is getting some great goals on one timers into empty nets after Lecavalier et al have frozen the goaltender and then dished. The forwards have to get a nose for the open spots, and it should only take 1-2 passes for a quality shot on net.

DrinkFightFlyers 10-24-2010 10:52 PM

It will come around. These guys have too much firepower for it to stay bad. They have the PP QB in Pronger and Timonen, and they have plenty of playmakers. I am not concerned at this point. It is just taking some time for them to get into their groove. Talk to me around Thanksgiving if it is still going poorly.