HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shane O B (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=832686)

jammyrft 10-21-2010 10:26 PM

Shane O B
 
how is SOB playing for you guys and where does he fit in? is he better or worse than expected?

predfan98 10-21-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammyrft (Post 28460059)
how is SOB playing for you guys and where does he fit in? is he better or worse than expected?

I'm very happy... :handclap: thank you.:D

lightning_legwand* 10-21-2010 11:01 PM

Very solid defenseman. Not 1st line quality obviously, but very solid and mean. Love it!


Also, we are only team in NHL with no regulation losses!! WOO!!!

kivaerijo 10-21-2010 11:29 PM

pleasantly surprised after everyone saying he takes dumb penalties/blah/blah. but will say, he had a tough time getting puck out tonight at end of game. not all his fault though.

saw him cheering on SK after SK played a puck out of zone on his knees. think he will be a good fit here. good team player. hes solid

ZombPred 10-22-2010 12:51 AM

http://www.syp.org.uk/assets/gallery...e1_display.jpg

barrytrotzsneck 10-22-2010 08:34 AM

much better than anyone expected. Very pleased.

PredsChik 10-22-2010 08:42 AM

As my bff put it last night, he's an "includer" and I now love him for it. Apparently after Horny scored, Wilson was standing away from the following group hug and SOB yelled at him to come over and be apart of the celebration. It seems he's bought in to our "together" philosophy and has become a team guy which you have to be in Nashville to make it work for you and the team.

With that said, I still don't want to have to see the guy skate top 2 minutes.

jstreet 10-22-2010 10:16 AM

Trotz trusts him in a lot of different situations, he appears to be a good team guy, and seems like he enjoys being here. He hasn't cost us yet and doesn't take bad penalties, hasnt been burned, etc.

In other words, he is exactly the opposite of what he was advertised to be.

the season is young, but Ive enjoyed having him in Nashville so far.

66Falconboy 10-22-2010 10:22 AM

I agree with everyone here. SOB has been a welcome suprise. He always seems to be coming to the aid of his teammates and plays a really physical game, but not to the point of being a liability and taking penalties.

predfan24 10-22-2010 10:49 AM

Has surpassed my expectations for sure. A little scary with the puck sometimes but it hasn't hurt us yet.

BigFatCat999 10-22-2010 11:13 AM

SOB only has one major penalty and that's it. Hell, Klein is the leader in PIMs with 9

PredaDORES 10-22-2010 11:13 AM

I've been very pleased so far. I was sitting on the glass last night and could see genuine happiness and excitement in his eyes when he was talking to Sullivan after a whistle. It's very cool to see him taking advantage of the opportunity to have a fresh start.


Oh and in 6 games he hasn't taken a minor penalty. He has one fighting major, but has yet to commit a penalty that has resulted in a man advantage for the opposition. WHAT A HEADCASE. :sarcasm:

RaiderDoug 10-22-2010 11:33 AM

What everybody else said.

So far, very happy. He kind of reminds me of a smarter version of Danny Markov.WEll, maybe not.

Predsfan80 10-22-2010 11:57 AM

Overall I like SOB. He seems to fit in really well. He stands up for his team mates. He was all around our net trying to ward off the Pens last night and protect Pekka. Regardless of his turn overs last night, I'm really glad to have him on our team. He seems happy here.

lightning_legwand* 10-22-2010 11:57 AM

I knew from the second we got him he would be a great fit here! I know him personally and I know what his attitude is like these days.

I called the deal a few days before it happened!


I am sooo glad that he proved everyone wrong and is showing what he can really do!

Way to go Shane!! Keep up the great work bro!

token grinder 10-22-2010 03:11 PM

i think he has been a solid addition. nothing spectacular, solid positionally, not afraid to use the body. logs pk time. puck is a grenande on his stick sometimes. about what yuo would expect for a 5-6 defenseman

Zen Arcade 10-22-2010 05:06 PM

Obrien telling Dupuis he was going to snap his neck with a big smile on his face was pretty amazing.

He looked like a movie villain or something, haha.

I was just having a similar conversation about Deryk Engelland on the Pens board. It's always nice to have a guy back there that makes other teams think twice about going anywhere near the crease.

lightning_legwand* 10-22-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 28470538)
i think he has been a solid addition. nothing spectacular, solid positionally, not afraid to use the body. logs pk time. puck is a grenande on his stick sometimes. about what yuo would expect for a 5-6 defenseman

I think that SOB will prove himself to be a top 4 defenseman by the end of the season. Quote me on that!

PredsChik 10-22-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Arcade (Post 28472231)
Obrien telling Dupuis he was going to snap his neck with a big smile on his face was pretty amazing.

So like just became love. That's amazing. :laugh:

token grinder 10-22-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand (Post 28472325)
I think that SOB will prove himself to be a top 4 defenseman by the end of the season. Quote me on that!

you lost all credibility with your asinine rant on sob getting 1st line minutes when suter got hurt and tried to cover yourself. this will be the only time i quote you

Paranoid Android 10-22-2010 09:04 PM

It's weird having someone clear bodies in front of the net when they starting chopping at our goalie. He really likes to stick up for his teammates.

Hopefully, he keeps up this attitude all year long. As long as he doesn't start thinking he "deserves" minutes, I think he'll continue to have a great year.

lightning_legwand* 10-23-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 28474495)
you lost all credibility with your asinine rant on sob getting 1st line minutes when suter got hurt and tried to cover yourself. this will be the only time i quote you

hahahaha!! jokes!

Well my question is,

is Suter is injured, who plays on first line for defense with Weber?

I vote O'Brien!

Definitely not Bouillon, Franson or Klein! lol


SOB is solid, and is our best defenseman outside of Shea and Suts.


You guys dont know him like I do. and I know that his attitude is fresh and he is trying to be the best team player he can be on Nashville and fit into the system and play to his fullest potential without the BS.

He is for real. He is the Predators 3rd best d-man right now.
please dont quote me token grinder, dont go against your morals!:yo:

ThirdManIn 10-23-2010 07:29 AM

Klein is actually Nashville's third best defenseman right now, so he would get top line minutes over SOB. Bouillon gets them because he's more experienced, and it balances the pairings more than if you moved Klein, or even SOB, to the top with Weber. SOB has been solid, but he has NOT been our third best defenseman. He isn't taking stupid penalties yet. He isn't running his mouth. He doesn't seem to be doing anything negative in the locker room. As was said earlier, he is basically doing the exact opposite of what Vancouver fans said he would do.

LL, I know you know the guy personally. You say as much in every single post regarding the guy. That's fine. But with you living in Ontario, and him playing in BC how often do you actually get to talk to the guy? I guess the off season is possible since he is from Port Hope. My point here is you can't judge how well a hockey player is going to fit on to a team because you happen to know the guy much like you can't make that same judgment after six games. He's been good. Let's calm down a bit. There are 76 more games.

MarkMM 10-23-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 28481186)
Klein is actually Nashville's third best defenseman right now, so he would get top line minutes over SOB. Bouillon gets them because he's more experienced, and it balances the pairings more than if you moved Klein, or even SOB, to the top with Weber. SOB has been solid, but he has NOT been our third best defenseman. He isn't taking stupid penalties yet. He isn't running his mouth. He doesn't seem to be doing anything negative in the locker room. As was said earlier, he is basically doing the exact opposite of what Vancouver fans said he would do.

LL, I know you know the guy personally. You say as much in every single post regarding the guy. That's fine. But with you living in Ontario, and him playing in BC how often do you actually get to talk to the guy? I guess the off season is possible since he is from Port Hope. My point here is you can't judge how well a hockey player is going to fit on to a team because you happen to know the guy much like you can't make that same judgment after six games. He's been good. Let's calm down a bit. There are 76 more games.

The voice of reason.

I'm really glad SOB is working out well with you guys, for all his antics here, his potential was clear, and his teammates loved him, that was the seat of frustration. You just knew the guy could be so much more than he was letting on, and if he can keep this up, the Predator's management and coache's reputation of being able to mould defensemen like no other team gets another notch in the belt.

OpenWheel 10-23-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsChik20 (Post 28464567)
As my bff put it last night, he's an "includer" and I now love him for it. Apparently after Horny scored, Wilson was standing away from the following group hug and SOB yelled at him to come over and be apart of the celebration.

That's strange, because on the replay it looks as if Wilson is heading right over there immediately, with everyone else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.