HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do you think the Rangers are making the playoffs*#2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=832889)

Garfinkel1 10-22-2010 01:16 PM

Do you think the Rangers are making the playoffs*#2
 
I'll be making these after every 5 games unless there's no demand for it.

Vote currently at 48.53% *(On 85 votes [10/27/10])*


:rangers:sc09::rangers

Do YOU think the Rangers will make the playoffs.

Current Record: 2-2-1 [5P - 50%]

  • Goals/G - 3.20
  • Goals Against/G - 3.40
  • PP% - 10.5%
  • PK% - 75%
  • Last 5::2-2-1
  • 10th Place in East


Record:1-0-0 <-> http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=828755 - (46)79.31% to (12)20.69

Garfinkel1 10-22-2010 01:23 PM

I said 75%, I think we have the talent to do it I'm just worried with the Gaborik injury that it could continue to be a reoccuring problem. I want to see him back to normal before I'm more confident. I'm thinking Jagr in 06(?) when his shoulder was bothering him all season and he lost his shot.

Khris Creider 10-22-2010 03:18 PM

75% chance, soon we'll have gaborik and drury back then prospal to get rid of some players that don't belong (boogard and white)

Tony D63 10-22-2010 03:23 PM

50 - almost every team in the eastern is a playoff team, and without gabby prospal and drury we need to step it up.

bmw2004 10-22-2010 03:36 PM

Do you think the Rangers will win the Cup?



Sometimes soon?

Vitto79 10-22-2010 03:40 PM

If they can go .500 and then get back Gaborik, Drury and Prospal they will be just fine

This is a big IF but last night was a good start

Garfinkel1 10-22-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 28470951)
If they can go .500 and then get back Gaborik, Drury and Prospal they will be just fine

This is a big IF but last night was a good start

Yeah. A lot of tough teams in the league this year we need Gaborik to stay healthy if we want to get a shot.

Florida Ranger 10-22-2010 05:26 PM

50%

It's up in the air right now.

I'll answer 75% if Gaborik comes back AND the team is in a decent spot after his absence.

Giacomin 10-22-2010 06:19 PM

I will say 100%. I say that every year!

Stanley Foobrick 10-22-2010 06:41 PM

Funny you should ask that because going into last night I said if the Rangers don't beat the Leafs the season is over:sarcasm:.

Since they won, I have to say, yes.

Garfinkel1 10-23-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue'sClues (Post 28473635)
Funny you should ask that because going into last night I said if the Rangers don't beat the Leafs the season is over:sarcasm:.

Since they won, I have to say, yes.

I'm doing this after every 5 games...it's not just because the rangers won last night......



regardless, I still have no idea what the point of your post is.

Blueshirt Special 10-23-2010 08:16 AM

I said 50% but that assumes Gabby not out too long and staying healthy the rest of the season.

If drury doesn't come back I'd up ti 75%

:naughty:

nyr2k2 10-23-2010 09:38 AM

50% for me. The only thing I'm sure of is that this team is as maddening as always.

Back From Cally 10-23-2010 09:47 AM

50%. Its too early to see if the Rangers will be able to win without Gaborik in the lineup and if he stays healthy when he does come back. Also, it seems like every team in the East(with the exception of Florida) has gotten better and that the playoff race will be really tight. But only time will tell

Stanley Foobrick 10-23-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 28481280)
I'm doing this after every 5 games...it's not just because the rangers won last night......



regardless, I still have no idea what the point of your post is.

I'm saying that it's kind of silly to believe that game #5 of the season would have that big of playoff implications... but I felt that it was a very important game none the less.

Since they won, I have to believe that they are going to make the playoffs.

Garfinkel1 10-23-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue'sClues (Post 28483763)
I'm saying that it's kind of silly to believe that game #5 of the season would have that big of playoff implications... but I felt that it was a very important game none the less.

Since they won, I have to believe that they are going to make the playoffs.

Not specifically game number 5, the entire season so far. Surely you have had to begin forming some opinion of this team after 5 games, I know I have.

Inferno 10-23-2010 12:40 PM

i guess ill go with 25%...because 0% is ridiculous, you cant ever be 100% sure a team will not make the playoffs...but im highly dubious.

z1co80 10-23-2010 01:05 PM

50%

I see how we played in Toronto and think man if we can just get the consistency then we are going to be very good.

I see how we played against Toronton in the Garden and think i want to kill myself.

Its just growing pains that we have to put up with and that i dont mind.

GWOW 10-23-2010 01:13 PM

25%

Zero expectations coming into the season. Never bought into good camp. Problems from last year blatantly obvious by Game 2 and persisted.

I'm just happy to see the kids play. Playoffs are fun and a nice feather in a coach's cap but I'm willing to have another lottery season.

My eyes are on 2014. I want them to be a 50-win team by that point.

broadwayblue 10-23-2010 01:31 PM

25%. I have very low expectations for this squad. Next year I would say at least 50%. And the year after I'll say 75%. We're on the way up imo...just gonna take a bit of patience.

Stanley Foobrick 10-23-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 28483989)
Not specifically game number 5, the entire season so far. Surely you have had to begin forming some opinion of this team after 5 games, I know I have.

I guess I could spell it out for you....

Loss to Toronto, a record of 1-3-1......I'm already have doubts about the season.

A win over TO, a record of 2-2-1..... .500 after 5 games without some key players, feeling good about the season so far.

Cynical TyranT 10-23-2010 06:43 PM

I voted 25%, but honestly... I think Im more like 35% or so... if Gabby lights it up... with Lundqvist... if the rookies... etc etc, so there's always a CHANCE... buuuuuutttt.....

Garfinkel1 10-23-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue'sClues (Post 28487384)
I guess I could spell it out for you....

Loss to Toronto, a record of 1-3-1......I'm already have doubts about the season.

A win over TO, a record of 2-2-1..... .500 after 5 games without some key players, feeling good about the season so far.

So literally one lucky bounce for Toronto or for the Ranger's in that ONE game determines your thoughts on our post season chances?

Stanley Foobrick 10-24-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 28504166)
So literally one lucky bounce for Toronto or for the Ranger's in that ONE game determines your thoughts on our post season chances?

:help:Winning, and collecting 2 points, and losing, and not collecting 2 points, yes that goes a long way to determining if the Rangers will make the playoffs or not:amazed:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 28468800)
I'll be making these after every 5 games unless there's no demand for it.



I see you are trying to make sure that it appears there is a demand for these threads by driving up the post count. I won't be joining you in that game any longer.

Bye now.

bobbop 10-24-2010 12:25 AM

The big question going into this year was whether the young players would improve enough to make the team better. So far, the evidence I've seen is yes...definitely yes. This is a good team that has a chance to get much better as the year goes on. I voted 100% because I think this could be the surprise team in the east this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.