HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Greene Cleared to Play / In the Lineup tonight; Muzzin to Manchester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=833274)

TonySCV 10-23-2010 03:35 PM

Greene Cleared to Play / In the Lineup tonight; Muzzin to Manchester

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/23...light-to-play/

It feels good to be back around the guys, and hopefully have a good game tonight. Were looking for a win here. I think they [doctors] did a good job. The doctors cleared me, so everything is healed. Its just a matter of playing the game now. No excuses. Its all on me, not my shoulder.

Albi 10-23-2010 03:39 PM

Muzzin out, Harrold in, Murray jerk

KingPuckChoo 10-23-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi (Post 28486598)
Muzzin out, Harrold in, Murray jerk

why?

muzzin isnt anything special either...unless ur suggesting to promote martinez? but even then...

Sydor25 10-23-2010 03:51 PM

Muzzin assigned to Manchester

The Kings have assigned defenseman Jake Muzzin to Manchester of the AHL to make room for Matt Greene on the active roster, rather than putting Drew Doughty on injured reserve.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/23...to-manchester/

Looks like we will have Harrold until Doughty is back.

Muzzin and Hickey should form a solid pair for Manchester, playing 25+ minutes per night.

KingCanadain1976 10-23-2010 03:52 PM

Harold in damn i think we need to give muzzin experience in the nhl not play harold who is in my mind a emergency player fill in.

Albi 10-23-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 28486734)
Harold in damn i think we need to give muzzin experience in the nhl not play harold who is in my mind a emergency player fill in.

this

Lead Role in a Cage 10-23-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 28486561)
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/23...light-to-play/

It feels good to be back around the guys, and hopefully have a good game tonight. Were looking for a win here. I think they [doctors] did a good job. The doctors cleared me, so everything is healed. Its just a matter of playing the game now. No excuses. Its all on me, not my shoulder.

Love it.

johnjm22 10-23-2010 04:04 PM

Muzzin is better than Harrold, Drewiske and Johnson. No reason he should have been sent down.

Live in the Now 10-23-2010 04:11 PM

Not the best decision. If Drewiske or Harrold play poorly for any stretch then I expect he'll be back. Likely very soon.

KingCanadain1976 10-23-2010 04:20 PM

The only reason for this move is there trying to showcase harrold for a possible trade maybe hoping..

Sydor25 10-23-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 28486894)
Muzzin is better than Harrold, Drewiske and Johnson. No reason he should have been sent down.

Waiver exempt...

johnjm22 10-23-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 28487161)
Waiver exempt...

I understand that....But you don't send your 3rd/4th best defenseman down just because he's waiver exempt. It should have been Harrold or Drewiske, it's not a big deal if we lose one of those two.

DL could have made extra room for Greene by sending Clifford back to juniors, instead of sending Muzzin to the AHL.

DAkings20 10-23-2010 04:36 PM

Best news out of this is that they didn't wanna put DD on IR which means he should be back sooner rather than later. Still would have liked to see Muzzin stay in place of Drewiske.

KingNick07 10-23-2010 04:41 PM

Muzzin was sent down... big deal. He played really good and will be back. I wouldnt want to lose Drewiske or Harrold for NOTHING through waivers.

And Harrold is a great utility player to hang onto. He could play D/O and I rarely see him making costly mistakes.

I take this as Doughty being very close, and Manchester getting even better.

Puck U 10-23-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 28486894)
No reason he should have been sent down.

Right ... oh other than Muzzin's the only one of the bunch that doesn't have to clear waivers.

http://kaiser.dreamhost.com/OT_stuff...you%20know.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingNick07 (Post 28487380)
Muzzin was sent down... big deal. He played really good and will be back. I wouldnt want to lose Drewiske or Harrold for NOTHING through waivers.

And Harrold is a great utility player to hang onto. He could play D/O and I rarely see him making costly mistakes.

I take this as Doughty being very close, and Manchester getting even better.

This ^ ... it's not like it's forever, and Muzzin could return to the line-up even better and more motivated the next go around.

KingCanadain1976 10-23-2010 05:08 PM

Seriously anyone really think Harrold would get picked up on wiavers ? Personally i wouldnt mind him gone we need to get some of the young defense in. Theres a stockpille in the minors Shouldnt we try a get them some nhl experience ?

DeeMeck 10-23-2010 05:11 PM

It really is good news....they could have easily popped Doughty on IR....all it tells me is that they don't want Doughty on IR because he will be available sooner.

johnjm22 10-23-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck U (Post 28487721)
Right ... oh other than Muzzin's the only one of the bunch that doesn't have to clear waivers.

There's other options. Loktionov could have been sent down, or Clifford could have been sent back to the OHL.

Muzzin is more important than both those players right now.

FrozenKing18 10-23-2010 05:28 PM

FACE TIME!

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/V...UVIBbnpL7l.jpg

Glad he's back!

Johnny Utah 10-23-2010 05:35 PM

Muzzin, Voynov, Hickey will be hard pressed to EVER break the top 6 for 2 more years.

Mitchell, Scuderi, DD, JJ, Greene and Drewiske are all on NHL contracts for at least 2 more years. I wanted the Kings to move Drewiske so Muzzin or whoever with more puck skills would get a shot but it looks like it won't happen.

FroFan 10-23-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 28487784)
Seriously anyone really think Harrold would get picked up on wiavers ? Personally i wouldnt mind him gone we need to get some of the young defense in. Theres a stockpille in the minors Shouldnt we try a get them some nhl experience ?

The thing with Harrold is, you know exactly what you're getting with him. He's not going to get much better than he currently is, and management doesn't mind letting him hold down that 7th d-man spot. They don't have to worry that they're letting him stagnate, etc., because he isn't "developing" anymore. It'd be a shame for any of the younger guys (including Drewiske) to get the same treatment, because they're still learning.

I think because of Harry's work ethic and attitude, the coaches like having him around. He'll work hard, never complain, and when they throw him into a game, they know what they're going to get (full effort from a borderline NHLer). If they can limit his minutes, and avoid putting him out against top-tier players he should be able to burn 10-14 minutes a game.

KopitarFAN 10-23-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 28487315)
Best news out of this is that they didn't wanna put DD on IR which means he should be back sooner rather than later. Still would have liked to see Muzzin stay in place of Drewiske.

Bingo.

Scottkmlps 10-23-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live in the Now (Post 28486988)
Not the best decision. If Drewiske, Johnson or Harrold play poorly for any stretch then I expect he'll be back. Likely very soon.

FTFY.

Scottkmlps 10-23-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 28488234)
Muzzin, Voynov, Hickey will be hard pressed to EVER break the top 6 for 2 more years.

Mitchell, Scuderi, DD, JJ, Greene and Drewiske are all on NHL contracts for at least 2 more years. I wanted the Kings to move Drewiske so Muzzin or whoever with more puck skills would get a shot but it looks like it won't happen.

I wouldn't say that at all. Muzzin proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he is ready for the NHL. If I was Johnson, I would be very worried about my future with the Kings, because Muzzin CAN step in and do what Johnson does, only better.
In my opinion, Johnson is gone, it's only a matter of time.

KingCanadain1976 10-23-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FroFan (Post 28488583)
The thing with Harrold is, you know exactly what you're getting with him. He's not going to get much better than he currently is, and management doesn't mind letting him hold down that 7th d-man spot. They don't have to worry that they're letting him stagnate, etc., because he isn't "developing" anymore. It'd be a shame for any of the younger guys (including Drewiske) to get the same treatment, because they're still learning.

I think because of Harry's work ethic and attitude, the coaches like having him around. He'll work hard, never complain, and when they throw him into a game, they know what they're going to get (full effort from a borderline NHLer). If they can limit his minutes, and avoid putting him out against top-tier players he should be able to burn 10-14 minutes a game.

Exactly the reason to get rid of him. He's not getting better and we have alot of young defence that derserves a shot at that 10-14 mins.It would help them delvelope to there potential. Seriously Muzzin Hickey Colten Teubert Alec Martinez Viatcheslav Voynov Patrick Mullen Johan Fransson and im sure theres a few more all down looking for time. Its suposed to be a strength all the young defense they need a look at the nhl now. I dont want to see them all stay down till they all become free agents without some time in the nhl This 6th spot on the kings would be perfect. It would also help in a trade to have them all get some time . I'm ok with keeping Harold for emergency purposes as u say hes deadicated. The Kings need to put clifford back if they had to I dont think he was waiver fodder