HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   the "payoff" line (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=833484)

tuckrr 10-23-2010 11:15 PM

the "payoff" line

I've got to say, coming into the season I was skeptical if the hartnell-briere- leino line would be able to bring the playoff dominance into this year.

I am pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Danny has been a monster; really fast, shooting well, passing well, behind the net ALL day even on the PP

Hartnell has ; cut his hair, dropped the mrs, making for an excellent trailer/pick, fighting for pucks.

Leino is; deking like a mofo, skating better in the neutral zone, proving he is worth more than we can give him.

This line has become more than a playoff line to me, they aren't a fluke or hot line...they are here to stay.
Its funny cause they were so close to being the "layoff" line before they hit success, but now they've moved from the playoff line to the payoff line.

Now if we could get carter going...

Imo id like:
Zherdev-giroux-richards
Payoff line
JVR-carter-carcillo/shelley
Shelley/carcillo-betts~powe

But the point of this post is to commend this line, they looked GREAT tonight, and have been looking good for sometime.

What do you guys think about this line? should we move them to the PP? What could they do better? (for example: while danny is behind the net, hartnell should crash and use leino as a decoy instead of what they do now...which is the opposite and doesn't play to their strengths; space for leino, and physicality for hartnell)

RoDu 10-24-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckrr (Post 28503225)
JVR-carter-carcillo/shelley

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/wtf.gif

SeanVT395 10-24-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDu (Post 28504609)

My exact reaction as well.

GoneFullHextall 10-24-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

This is my reaction to having Zherdev on the top line right now. Hes been terrible for 99 percent of the year.

DrHamburg 10-24-2010 01:17 AM

I really hate Shelley, he better be an amazing locker room guy. If you are going to play him he should be on the 4th line. If you have to play him in the top 9, stick him with Carter. At least then he might tip in a shot (assuming its not high and wide :D ) and his only job is to dig out pucks and try to get it to Carter.

CavemanLawyer 10-24-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 28505405)
This is my reaction to having Zherdev on the top line right now. Hes been terrible for 99 percent of the year.

Hey he's got like a, uh, goal or something, yeah! He's pretty, he's got a nice face. Keep him up top I say.

Spongolium* 10-24-2010 05:39 AM

The shelley betts carcillo line was pretty dominant last night

JCameron418 10-24-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 28505405)

He's there for the kids to watch. Its all about the kids.

Cartsiephan* 10-25-2010 11:33 AM

Agree that the Leino-Briere-Hartnell line has not only shown up while scoring but also in their play on the ice. For as much crap as Briere has gotten over the last one to two years that shot he put past Giguere was pure sniper material. As far as the rest of your lines......Powe deserves a chance to put some time in the top 9, get JvR off a line with Carter, and it looks like Carter is going to be given a chance to move Giroux to wing because Carter is USELESS on the wing, maybe he can get his game back at center.

Cartsiephan* 10-25-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 28506704)
The shelley betts carcillo line was pretty dominant last night

Agreed, each guy knows their role and played it perfectly. They can even double shift a couple guys and put Powe on the wing at times and it changes it up a little bit.

tuckrr 10-25-2010 08:30 PM

Again the payoff line was good tonight, but was anyone else surprised by the powe-giroux-richards line? I thought they looks awesome!

RIPRichardsCarter 10-26-2010 08:14 AM

We played pretty damn well in the first last night. I really didn't mind the lines we had. Carter just needs to learn to play hockey again.

tuckrr 10-26-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker912 (Post 28544154)
We played pretty damn well in the first last night. I really didn't mind the lines we had. Carter just needs to learn to play hockey again.

It was a loss I'm not upset about, we really did play hard and well

John Flyers Fan 10-26-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckrr (Post 28537798)
Again the payoff line was good tonight, but was anyone else surprised by the powe-giroux-richards line? I thought they looks awesome!

No sure which game you were watching. The Richards line was non-factor, as was the Carter line last night.

The Briere line got it going in the 3rd period, but Briere and Hartnell generally combine for 2/3 dumb penalties a night, which really hurts. This line has begun to pick it up as Leino has gotten stronger from offseason hip surgery.

Last night was truly a pathetic effort, completely and utterly soft. Made the night as easy as possible for the BJ's defenseman last night.

Miss Mess 10-28-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

:laugh:

this briere goal was sexy:

FlyHigh 10-28-2010 06:49 PM

It's amazing how Hartnell looks like a 6 mill player on this line and a 2 mill player pretty much anywhere else.

tuckrr 11-09-2010 03:40 PM

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home

good article about this line

tuckrr 11-11-2010 06:27 PM

2 goals so far tonight and its only 10minutes in! (Albeit 1 was disallowed...but come on!)