HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How many games did we have to go.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=833715)

MattPreds37 10-24-2010 07:41 PM

How many games did we have to go....

How many games are we going to have get points in before we get any recognition from the NHL at all? Pekka Rinne has a 30 save gem vs. a team that hadnt scored less than 3 goals in any of their first 6 games and 1st in their division, yet we dont get any mention on the front page of NHL.com at all, yet there was about 6 stories on the capitals... pathetic.

Soundgarden 10-24-2010 07:50 PM

When we have our first regular season loss you can bet it will be top news on NHL, TSN, and the Tennessean. I remember a few years ago, the first time I heard one single story about the preds on NHL.com was when we had our first loss.

OpenWheel 10-24-2010 07:55 PM

IF the Preds beat the Lightning today I just hope I don't see Preds fans starting threads on the main board about the games with at least a point strreak. Seems every time we have some sort of streak someone feels compelled to post a "don't look now but the Preds are.." type thread to make sure the Preds get talked about by other teams fans. Then of course we lose the next game. It's some sort of bad mojo...

Paranoid Android 10-24-2010 08:03 PM

I'd prefer NOT to be in the spot light. Seems like we always crack under pressure.

MattPreds37 10-24-2010 08:22 PM

I just think we could use the press, the NHL wonders why the southern teams lack atmosphere, its because they spending their time lauding Toronto and complaining about Ottawa and not talking about the predators.

cleangene 10-24-2010 10:11 PM

Let's see.....after 5 consecutive CUPS, and then a move to Hamilton or some city in Canada.

jcupp 10-24-2010 11:00 PM

This was started before the game tonight, which we won, so maybe this isn't too bad.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=833682

MarkMM 10-24-2010 11:11 PM

For what it's worth, the sports segment on Global TV (the most-watched news broadcast in British Columbia) made a point of mentioning that the Preds are tops in the league, so you're getting some shout-outs from Vancouver.

hockey diva 10-24-2010 11:35 PM

I agree with Paranoid we always lose after getting attention.

BigFatCat999 10-25-2010 09:36 AM

As I tell a lot of friends recognition is not needed from others. What you really need is acceptance of yourself. Accept yourself and FTW

PredsChik 10-25-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 28526150)
As I tell a lot of friends recognition is not needed from others. What you really need is acceptance of yourself. Accept yourself and FTW

That was beautiful.

triggrman 10-25-2010 09:57 AM

We'll get recognition when we actually have a worthy run to prove we're contenders.

hatedandproud 10-25-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattPreds37 (Post 28516645)
[B]How many games are we going to have get points in before we get any recognition from the NHL Pekka Rinne has a 30 save gem vs. a team that hadnt scored less than 3 goals in any of their first 6 games and 1st in their division, yet we dont get any mention on the front page of NHL.com at all, yet there was about 6 stories on the capitals... pathetic.

The NHL?? Hell, I'm wondering what it will take for the t********n to give the team some recognition!
Yes, the season has just started, but you would think that maybe they would mention that the team is leading the LEAGUE in points.

Maybe tomorrow........but I'm not holding my breath.

BigFatCat999 10-25-2010 10:38 AM

http://williamthecoroner.files.wordp...k_redirect.png

You see that? That is the chip on every Pred Fans shoulder. You can see it easily from a distance. When Jimmy Balls tried to steal the team it's like every fan got in touch with their inner FU. Balls changed you guys for the better. It's like every one took the metaphors and stories of the civil war to heart and now it's culminated to this.

I saw it with the Boston fans in 2002 when the Pats won the Super Bowl. A culture change for the better.

It's like you took a look at the Northern Haters and said to yourselves 'A 150 years ago, you Yankee ******** stole our silverware. Now it's our turn."

And how ironic, the Stanley Cup is made of Silver.....

MattPreds37 10-25-2010 10:48 AM

I agree, when we exited the playoffs last year and there was only a little blurb in the Tennessean, I was very disappointed as well. Lets make our own noise then, Lets Go Preds.

Roman Yoshi 10-25-2010 10:52 AM

Never doubt the element of surprise.

WartracePred 10-25-2010 12:55 PM

I know i'm beating a dead horse, but...

I love the Tennessean's lead sports story, "Titans take lead in AFC South". When the Preds lead the ENTIRE LEAGUE, their only story is from the AP wire. But based on their previous "We Want Crosby" article, maybe it's best.

Seth Lake 10-25-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCpredator (Post 28528333)
I know i'm beating a dead horse, but...

I love the Tennessean's lead sports story, "Titans take lead in AFC South". When the Preds lead the ENTIRE LEAGUE, their only story is from the AP wire. But based on their previous "We Want Crosby" article, maybe it's best.

That's OK. Judging by Tom Callahan's tweet this morning it sounds as if they printed yesterday's standings too, so they likely wouldn't realize that the Preds are in fact No. 1 overall...

BigFatCat999 10-25-2010 01:23 PM

I would say the Tennessean needs a name change but Failblog has already been taken....

Seth Lake 10-25-2010 01:37 PM

Buddy Oakes calls out the Tennessean

http://www.predsontheglass.com/2010/...ennessean.html

I've gotta say that I largely agree. I too am willing to give Josh and Bryan a pass on the Frosty/Crosby idiocy from last week since it was an honest mistake that I'm sure they've learned from, but where I disagree is the need to send someone on the road for every away game. Unfortunately in today's era that is a luxary, however...if The City Paper (David Boclair) and the Nashville Examiner (Jim Diamond) can write original content with quotes for their game recaps without having attended the game, I don't see why the Tennessean subjects us to neutral AP coverage!!!

dulzhok 10-26-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 28529002)
Buddy Oakes calls out the Tennessean

http://www.predsontheglass.com/2010/...ennessean.html

I've gotta say that I largely agree. I too am willing to give Josh and Bryan a pass on the Frosty/Crosby idiocy from last week since it was an honest mistake that I'm sure they've learned from, but where I disagree is the need to send someone on the road for every away game. Unfortunately in today's era that is a luxary, however...if The City Paper (David Boclair) and the Nashville Examiner (Jim Diamond) can write original content with quotes for their game recaps without having attended the game, I don't see why the Tennessean subjects us to neutral AP coverage!!!

Have they not sent Josh on any of the trips? In past, media reporters have gotten a free ride on the plane. Only expense should be hotel and food. The team may even pay for their food. They want the media exposure as much as anyone else, as that's the only real channel to non-fans/casual-fans (outside of paying for TV ads).

As per usual, expect Pred coverage to pick up after football season ends. This will always be the case until the Preds can make some playoff noise. So, assuming we are still playing well in Janauray, I would expect increased coverage... though it's been decent so far.

lstcyr 10-26-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 28548045)
Have they not sent Josh on any of the trips? In past, media reporters have gotten a free ride on the plane. Only expense should be hotel and food. The team may even pay for their food. They want the media exposure as much as anyone else, as that's the only real channel to non-fans/casual-fans (outside of paying for TV ads).

As per usual, expect Pred coverage to pick up after football season ends. This will always be the case until the Preds can make some playoff noise. So, assuming we are still playing well in Janauray, I would expect increased coverage... though it's been decent so far.

FWIW, no legitimate newspaper operation will allow its reporters to ride free on any trip, whether sports or political. Even when the Tennessean was covering Gore's presidential campaign (and the editor was very good friends with the Gores), the paper paid its own way. They did ride on the Gores' plane but paid a fair market value charge.