HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nhl Awards Handed Out. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=83389)

tytech 06-11-2004 09:41 AM

Nhl Awards Handed Out.

Clarence S. Campbell Bowl CALGARY
Prince of Wales Trophy TB
Presidents' Trophy Detroit
Jack Adams Award Tortorella
Calder Memorial Trophy Raycroft
King Clancy Memorial Trophy Iginla
Hart Memorial Trophy M. St-Louis
William M. Jennings Trophy Brodeur
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy Richards
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy Berard
James Norris Memorial Trophy Niedermayer
Lester B. Pearson Award M. St-Louis
Maurice Richard Trophy Iginla, Nash, Kovalchuk
Art Ross Trophy M. St-louis
Frank J. Selke Trophy Draper
Conn Smythe Trophy Richards
Vezina Trophy Brodeur

Pretty fair. I don't think Tortelini should have won. Hardly no man games lost all season and they were good to begin with. Very slight point improvement over last year. Ron Wilson should have won. Everyone thought that team wouls suck this year.
Also a little bit disappointed in Vezina. Yes, Martin B had another great year but Luongo has no support and gave Florida a fighting chance. Without him Pittsburgh would have finished second last :).

Pontifex Maximus* 06-11-2004 09:49 AM

Regardless of who gets the trophy, we still have the best coach in the league.

goodrev 06-11-2004 11:22 AM

the jack adams usually goes to the one hit wonders who lead their poor teams to the playoffs (see bill barber). they dont have to be a great coach, but because their team had sucked so much the year before it comes as a suprise that they arent god awful and that is basically how that award works...

sutter should have won it hands down, and luongo should have gotten the vezina, he had an oustanding year and the only reason brodeur won was because he was martin brodeur, nothing else... he had a good season but it almost made me vomit when they are all talking about how hard it was because scott stevens was out, you have to be kidding me, last i checked this was a team sport and he is 1 guy... but thats last I checked i may be wrong. i did really enjoy his pouty "i wish we didnt suck in the playoffs bid" but once again full of excuses he says we were without scott stevens... BOO HOO!! they were down 1 defenseman throughout the playoffs we were down 4 at times cry me a river... i hate brodeur

i do think its cute how not 1 flyer was even nominated for an award out of all of them, i think primeau though injured deserved selke consideration because he was the BEST defensive foward in the league this year hands down, i also loved how every single trophy had at least 1 tampa player in there i know they were good but come on, it just re-inforces what i always say... the NHL wanted tampa to win the cup because they are trying to establish a market for 2 teams that no one wants to watch in florida... so all in all i am right with you there sutter

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-12-2004 12:21 AM

How many playoff teams besides the Flyers did not have any candidates for these trophies? Did the Leafs have anyone?

GKJ 06-12-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
How many playoff teams besides the Flyers did not have any candidates for these trophies? Did the Leafs have anyone?

The Leafs had no none, Canucks, Preds, Stars.

ObeySteve 06-12-2004 07:13 PM

It's a shame Primeau got injured, otherwise he'd be a sure-fire thing for the Selke this year in my mind.