HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   hey Burish... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=834211)

Flyerfan4life 10-26-2010 12:02 AM

hey Burish...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=53&id=79925

at least try to appear as thou you can stand up to your comments from last season..

:cry:

p.s. hope that link works.. if not its the Adam burish interview about the upcoming date vs the flyers i'm trying to link..

Mod Edit:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...__Pronger.html

Quote:

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Adam Burish wanted to make amends. At least before his Dallas Stars head to town on Feb. 5 and he was have to face Chris Pronger himself.

Just after Patrick Kane clinched the Stanley Cup for Chicago, Burish did an on-ice interview with a Chicago TV station.

"I think Chris Pronger's the biggest idiot in the league," Burish told NBC. "I can't stand him one bit. I hope I never have to see him again. If I see him out there, I might punch him."

Burish was then asked if he had seen the unprofessional Chicago Tribune poster that depicted Pronger in a skirt, calling him "Chrissy Pronger."

"No, but that's perfect," Burish said. "He should have worn that out here [on the ice]. He was terrible."

That would be classless from any winner - let alone Burish, who was a healthy scratch in Game 6. He watched his teammates earn him a ring from the press box before running down to the locker room to put on all of his equipment and soak his hair to blend in with the celebration.

Burish signed with Dallas in the offseason and apparently grew up a little bit. He apologized Sunday night in an interview on the NHL Network. "You know what? I said some stupid things I probably shouldn't have after that game," Burish told the NHL Network's David Amber. "It was just a spur-of-the-moment thing and I'm not gonna sit and make an excuse about it. I've got a lot of respect for the guy. I think he's a Hall of Fame defenseman, one of the best that's ever played the game."

When asked in June if Pronger would retaliate on the ice next time the two met, Pronger needled back: "Where's that, in the minors?" The Stars travel to Philly on Feb. 5 and the Flyers will be in Dallas on March 19.

"I've moved on and, hopefully, I'm sure they have, too," Burish said. "I don't think a guy like Chris Pronger, a Hall of Fame defenseman, is really too worried about what a guy like me has to say at the end of the day."

You think?

CS 10-26-2010 12:11 AM

GoneFullHextall 10-26-2010 12:33 AM

old news. and honestly who gives a ****

DrinkFightFlyers 10-26-2010 09:58 AM

Haha. I remember this. I hope Pronger (or someone) whoops up on him when they play.

DayoftheGreek 10-26-2010 10:07 AM

The smug pronger face is classic.

orange and black48 10-26-2010 12:14 PM

Adam Burish wants to make amends with Pronger

Quote:

"I've moved on and, hopefully, I'm sure they have, too," Burish said. "I don't think a guy like Chris Pronger, a Hall of Fame defenseman, is really too worried about what a guy like me has to say at the end of the day."
Well well well, now that he has to play him again it would appear the Burish no longer wants to talk jive on Chris Pronger. Turtling before the game even starts?

Mgkibbles 10-26-2010 12:17 PM

I could listen to Pronger sound bites all day. Hopefully it's starting to rub off on Richie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmgT1...eature=related

orange and black48 10-26-2010 12:20 PM

didn't see the thread my bad. mods close por favor.

Beef Invictus 10-26-2010 12:28 PM

i would actually love if richards started emulating pronger in interviews.

richie: hey chris, do you have interview advice?
pronger: being a dick is always fun.
richie: good.

IrishSniper87 10-26-2010 12:30 PM

"Where's that? In the minors?"

still makes me lol

Flyskippy 10-26-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 28547239)
i would actually love if richards started emulating pronger in interviews.

richie: hey chris, do you have interview advice?
pronger: being a dick is always fun.
richie: good.

:laugh:

I think Pronger is too quick-witted for today's media. He's sharp as a tack. The stuff he comes up with is stuff the average person thinks of hours later and thinks, "I should've said...".

Richie is more deliberate in his responses, but no less entertaining when he takes pokes at folks.

CS 10-26-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyskippy (Post 28547330)
:laugh:

I think Pronger is too quick-witted for today's media. He's sharp as a tack. The stuff he comes up with is stuff the average person thinks of hours later and thinks, "I should've said...".

Richie is more deliberate in his responses, but no less entertaining when he takes pokes at folks.

It shouldn't come as a shock. Pronger is one of the smartest players ever to don the orange and black.

Flyskippy 10-26-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 28547539)
It shouldn't come as a shock. Pronger is one of the smartest players ever to don the orange and black.

Er... Uh... Did I make it sound like it's a shock?

<-- :dunce:

:cry:

BernieParent 10-26-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Translation: I've been wetting the bed ever since I got signed and realized I'd have to play against Pronger.

GKJ 10-26-2010 06:54 PM

It was originally a comment made in glee and he didn't have his head on him, just as some other people wouldn't either. Some would. Some wouldn't.

BernieParent 10-26-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
It was originally a comment made in glee and he didn't have his head on him, just as some other people wouldn't either. Some would. Some wouldn't.

Just curious: what was the original language and did you put this through babelfish?
:sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 10-26-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 28553691)
Just curious: what was the original language and did you put this through babelfish?
:sarcasm:

i guess: sanskrit

Babbage* 10-26-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 28547539)

incorrect

CS 10-26-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbage (Post 28559163)
incorrect

Really now...?

Shady McCoy 10-27-2010 11:20 AM

I'll give Burish props for this....

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|DAL|home

Beef Invictus 10-27-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 28559255)
Really now...?

how can you question it? it was such a well reasoned, thorough, eloquent rebuttal!

CharlieGirl 10-27-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 28553125)
Translation: I've been wetting the bed ever since I got signed and realized I'd have to play against Pronger.

Yep - retreat, RETREAT!!!

It was an ******* comment - too bad it took him a few months to figure it out. But Pronger wasn't too far off - Burish came close to hanging out in the minors!

BernieParent 10-27-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus
how can you question it? it was such a well reasoned, thorough, eloquent rebuttal!

... and from such a longstanding member who has contributed so greatly to the deep and insightful discourse of these boards.

Flyskippy 10-27-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 28568102)
... and from such a longstanding member who has contributed so greatly to the deep and insightful discourse of these boards.

I bought a lot of video games from Babbage's in the 90's. N64 FTW!

(I think this post is just as insightful)

BernieParent 10-27-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

I bought a lot of video games from Babbage's in the 90's. N64 FTW!

(I think this post is just as insightful)
Well, okay, Skippy, as long as we have your character reference for Mr. (Mrs.) Babbage, that's enough for me!