HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Jay Greenberg-Anisimov fills larger role (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=834244)

RangerBoy 10-26-2010 06:56 AM

Jay Greenberg-Anisimov fills larger role
 
Had to do a double take. Jay Greenberg with a positive column on the Rangers. Last time,Greenberg wrote anything positive about the Blueshirts was when his Philly buddy Mike Keenan was Rangers coach. Greenberg covered the Flyers when Keenan was the Flyers coach. Greenberg wanted Keenan to replace Smith as GM. When Keenan was out,Greenberg went off on Smith and had an ax to grind.

Quote:

OK, maybe it's 6-foot-5 former Canadiens standout Peter Mahovlich, not Hall of Fame brother Frank. But whether Anisimov's yearly goal production levels off at 20 or goes to 30, the advantage of having a skilled, gritty center with enough size to go against the NHL's biggies looms large for a franchise finally manifesting the youth movement for which its fans have begged
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz13SeygubG

Nice quotes from Torts,Callahan and Dubinsky.

azrok22 10-26-2010 06:58 AM

Absolutely love what I've seen from Anisimov thus far this year. I just hope the Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan line can keep it up. If they can, we've got a great second line with yet more room to grow.

Definitely exceeding expectations so far this year.

Ola 10-26-2010 07:01 AM

"However many inches"

Is the above correct english?

Levitate 10-26-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 28543532)
"However many inches"

Is the above correct english?

I'm not sure if it's technically correct English, but it's a phrase used often enough that it makes sense to most people reading it (the "however many" part)

cmdevisser 10-26-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 28543532)
"However many inches"

Is the above correct english?

yes. English grammar can be very nonsensical at times, but in this case the word 'however' is functioning as an adverb.

Ola 10-26-2010 09:38 AM

Thanks, had never heard the phrase before. But you understand if of course, "no matter how many"/"however many".

Ola 10-26-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 28543520)
Had to do a double take. Jay Greenberg with a positive column on the Rangers. Last time,Greenberg wrote anything positive about the Blueshirts was when his Philly buddy Mike Keenan was Rangers coach. Greenberg covered the Flyers when Keenan was the Flyers coach. Greenberg wanted Keenan to replace Smith as GM. When Keenan was out,Greenberg went off on Smith and had an ax to grind.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz13SeygubG

Nice quotes from Torts,Callahan and Dubinsky.

Two years ago, basically the same date, he trashed Zherdev, I remember.

In 26th october 2012, I wonder how Grachev will be looked at by Jay... ;)

Ola 10-26-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Zherdev's 16 points in his first 19 games projects to 67 for the season, which, barring a spectacular postseason, probably would make it his only one in a Ranger uniform. His contract is up and so likely would be the organization's patience if someone this talented remains so invisible on so many nights.


Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz13TKyMBYY

mullichicken25 10-26-2010 10:04 AM

anisimov is the man

we're gonna be seeing a lot more #42 jerseys around the garden soon

and hes earned it

NYRCC 10-26-2010 11:41 AM

artie has done nothing but impress me this year. that whole line has been outstanding. talk about responsible 2 way play.

not to mention, the forecheck that the pack line brings has to be one of the most consistent and best forechecking lines i've seen on any ranger team in a long time.

Glen Teflon Sather 10-26-2010 11:46 AM

Hopefully he develops into a Kopitar type of player.

wolfgaze 10-26-2010 12:59 PM

Curious as to how Anisimov was able to improve his upper body strength so much this off-season after suffering the hand-injury shortly after our season ended...

RGY 10-26-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28546798)
Curious as to how Anisimov was able to improve his upper body strength so much this off-season after suffering the hand-injury shortly after our season ended...

The hand injury probably took around 4 weeks to recover. That still leaves June-August to lift and train.

squishy 10-26-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 28546798)
Curious as to how Anisimov was able to improve his upper body strength so much this off-season after suffering the hand-injury shortly after our season ended...

He had the surgery June 2, went home for a month and was cleared to train with no restrictions by the time he came back the first week of July.

Revelation 10-26-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 28547382)
He had the surgery June 2, went home for a month and was cleared to train with no restrictions by the time he came back the first week of July.

I can just imagine Anisimov doing Rocky 4-esque training in Siberia. I know he was there during the summer months, but in my head, I see him pulling a sled in the snow. I'm going to listen to some "Hearts on Fire" now.

WhipNash27 10-26-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelation (Post 28547490)
I can just imagine Anisimov doing Rocky 4-esque training in Siberia. I know he was there during the summer months, but in my head, I see him pulling a sled in the snow. I'm going to listen to some "Hearts on Fire" now.

Me too :laugh:

McRanger 10-26-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelation (Post 28547490)
I can just imagine Anisimov doing Rocky 4-esque training in Siberia. I know he was there during the summer months, but in my head, I see him pulling a sled in the snow. I'm going to listen to some "Hearts on Fire" now.

Outstanding.

n8 10-26-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 28544331)
Thanks, had never heard the phrase before. But you understand if of course, "no matter how many"/"however many".

the rest of the sentence is pretty suspect. I'm not English major but there appears to be a severe lack of punctuation here.

Quote:

However many inches Artem Anisimov added to his chest last summer during long hours in the gym with Rangers strength and conditioning coach Reg Grant become dwarfed when head coach John Tortorella sends the second-year center out on the first shift of the power play and for last-minute protection of a one-goal lead.

Barbara Underhill 10-26-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 28553405)
the rest of the sentence is pretty suspect. I'm not English major but there appears to be a severe lack of punctuation here.

A run-on sentence if I've ever seen one lol.

Anisimov is going to be filthy I think he still has another level of talent in him, I see him as a 60pt guy no problem.

asparkoflife 10-26-2010 08:12 PM

Anisimov has been great thus far this season. He looks stronger on the puck and on the boards, quick enough to keep up with Cally and Doobs, and has some nice moves as well. He could legit pot 20-25 this year and have a 45-50 point season.

darko 10-26-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers32185 (Post 28545794)
Hopefully he develops into a Kopitar type of player.


Kopitar has higher offensive potential. I mean he's 23 and already PPG player. I dont see Ani ever reaching that level. 20 goals/60 points 2-way center - I would be very happy with that.

BrandNewDream 10-27-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tube Sock (Post 28553804)
A run-on sentence if I've ever seen one lol.

Anisimov is going to be filthy I think he still has another level of talent in him, I see him as a 60pt guy no problem.

What do you expect? The Post is a rag.

Punxrocknyc19* 10-27-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darko (Post 28557892)
Kopitar has higher offensive potential. I mean he's 23 and already PPG player. I dont see Ani ever reaching that level. 20 goals/60 points 2-way center - I would be very happy with that.

he reminds me of Viktor Kozlov. thats a good thing, he was a very underrated player that did alot of good things when not scoring

hpNYR 10-27-2010 02:23 AM

Artie has great hands. His positioning both offensively and defensively is stellar too. Im seriously thinking he reaches around 25 goals.

ohbaby 10-27-2010 03:02 AM

If he had that shot of a sniper, he could be an elite player.

As it stands right now, he is a pretty damn good two way center.

Maybe with that extra strengthening, his shot will improve.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.