HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Will Schremp go to the Rangers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=83535)

McNasty0927 06-11-2004 10:23 PM

Will Schremp go to the Rangers?

"Robbie Schremp is the enigma of this class. His stock has fallen from the start of the year. Schrempís fall started when he, on the advice of his agent, requested a trade out of Mississauga. Then, Schremp was benched in the OHL playoffs due to a lack of solid defensive play. Nobody is denying Schrempís immense offensive talent. The issue is all about his attitude and character. And showing up looking soft to the NHL pre-draft didnít help. With the Rangers owning two first round picks this year, I wouldnít be too surprised if they rolled the dice on the talented center. Especially, if Olesz is off the board at the time that the Rangers are on the clock."

from http://www.sabrefans.com/articles.asp?ref=46

I wouldn't mind taking Schremp, if Olesz and Tukonen are off the board at 6th.

He is easily one of the most talented players in the Draft. :bow:

Edge 06-11-2004 10:30 PM

he showed up very soft at the training. in fact he actually puked himself.

I thought he looked a little...um...chunky from his team picture and i saw him once or twice and he added some muscle but he also added some fat as well.

after i heard about the training incident it didnt leave me too confident in the direction he's heading.

CoolDude* 06-12-2004 12:23 AM

if olesz and tukonen are taken you dont take shremp... try ladd

BLACKBURN 06-12-2004 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
in fact he actually puked himself.

what exactly does that mean? Ive never heard that phrase before.

Edge 06-12-2004 06:19 AM

The tests the prospects are put through involves a lot of stamina related trials.

They are meant to challange and test the physical conditioning of these kids. Some kids do better than others.

In Schremp's case, I believe he threw up.

I like Schremp's skill level. But for a team that is still smarting from a Pavel Brendl draft decision, Schremp hits a little too close to home.

jas 06-12-2004 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
The tests the prospects are put through involves a lot of stamina related trials.

They are meant to challange and test the physical conditioning of these kids. Some kids do better than others.

In Schremp's case, I believe he threw up.

I like Schremp's skill level. But for a team that is still smarting from a Pavel Brendl draft decision, Schremp hits a little too close to home.

I could see the Rangers take a shot on Schremp AFTER they've secured say, Ladd at # 6, and have traded up to get him in the low teens if he starts to drop.

Edge 06-12-2004 06:35 AM

i dont see him slipping past atlanta.

Having said that, he's the type of pick i'd make after i have something in the bank or if my past few drafts have afforded me some wiggle room.

I just wouldnt bet the farm on him.

RangerBoy 06-12-2004 09:51 AM

Robbie Schremp :shakehead

In no order

Rotislav Olesz

Andrew Ladd

Lauri Tukonen

Darkhorse-Drew Stafford

Enough with this Schremp sillyness :banghead:

Larry Melnyk 06-12-2004 10:37 AM

If I'm the Rangers and I want to take a chance on a "skill" guy with the #6 pick, I go with Radulov instead of Schremp...Except for stubborness and being too emotional, the kid has everything.....Hell, He's be my pick at #6 no matter what but I don't think the Rangers have any intention of going that way....Schremp, with all that has happened and report, is a huge gamble.....Atlanta might be a place for him being that they have a similar player in Marc Savard who has worked out great after he finally matured and there would be no need to rush Schremp...

Edge 06-12-2004 05:49 PM

At this point I'd have to agree. Radulov {for all his flaws} at least looks commited to playing hockey.

rangers 06-12-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
If I'm the Rangers and I want to take a chance on a "skill" guy with the #6 pick, I go with Radulov instead of Schremp...Except for stubborness and being too emotional, the kid has everything.....Hell, He's be my pick at #6 no matter what but I don't think the Rangers have any intention of going that way....Schremp, with all that has happened and report, is a huge gamble.....Atlanta might be a place for him being that they have a similar player in Marc Savard who has worked out great after he finally matured and there would be no need to rush Schremp...

Agreed. It seems as if most people are forgetting about Radulov. He is right up there with Ladd, Olesz, Tukonen and Schremp, maybe even better IMO..

Edge 06-12-2004 06:22 PM

IMO he's in top 5 for forward "ceilings",

I'd put him with Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz, and Schremp for ceilings.