HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Biznasty’s Fan All-Star Voting Campaign – Thanks, but no thanks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=835873)

Dolemite 10-30-2010 01:06 AM

Biznasty’s Fan All-Star Voting Campaign – Thanks, but no thanks

I talked to Biznasty earlier today about this campaign. Here's what he had to say.

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2010/10/30...but-no-thanks/

Kitten Mittons 10-30-2010 01:14 AM

That was Bissonnette you interviewed. We are voting for BizNasty. Completely different people.

None Shall Pass 10-30-2010 01:17 AM

Maybe we can get a campaign to have him do play-by-play during the game. That'd be funnier.

Derick* 10-30-2010 01:23 AM

"Obviously I’m not an All-Star" - Bisonette

"That sounds like something someone who's not a ****ing All-Star would say." - Dany Heatley

danishh 10-30-2010 01:40 AM

i agree with both this and the recent yahoo article.

the idea was funny with rory. Now it's just stupid especially since we know the NHL will just mess with the votes if he ever comes close.

Dusk Soldier 10-30-2010 01:41 AM

It doesn't really matter if he wants to go or not. The players go to the All-Star game because attendance is mandatory, not because they want to.

Blueline Bomber 10-30-2010 01:42 AM

Didn't he said this on his Twitter when the idea was first tossed out there?

It was promptly ignored, but I'm fairly certain he said it.

Dolemite 10-30-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 28627511)

Not everyone uses Twitter.

Drunkspleen 10-30-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 28627511)

He said he wasn't interested unless the ASG was in vegas, it came across entirely as a joke to me.

Garbage Goal 10-30-2010 02:33 AM

From Biznasty's teammate Pyatt:

Quote:

If Pyatt had a vote, would he vote for Biznasty?

“I think I would. Just so I could watch him during the game and get a few chuckles out of it.”
Haha.

From Biznasty himself:
Quote:

“I appreciate it but nah, I’m not really into that. I kinda want to go and take a little trip (at the all star break) and kind of enjoy it.”
So, yeah, he doesn't want to go there because most NHL players don't like having to go to the ASG (a la the threaten of suspension if they don't show up).

Kind of awesome to see that both the fans and players don't like the ASG and think it's a joke. Wonder when the NHL itself will catch on to that fact.

danishh 10-30-2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 28627791)
From Biznasty's teammate Pyatt:

Haha.

From Biznasty himself:

So, yeah, he doesn't want to go there because most NHL players don't like having to go to the ASG (a la the threaten of suspension if they don't show up).

Kind of awesome to see that both the fans and players don't like the ASG and think it's a joke. Wonder when the NHL itself will catch on to that fact.

screw him and his early reservations to Hawaii. If the fans vote him in, it's his resoponsablility to attend.

Drunkspleen 10-30-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 28628036)
screw him and his early reservations to Hawaii. If the fans vote him in, it's his resoponsablility to attend.

maybe we should start a campaign to elect a bunch of 4th liners from the same team in the hopes they all decline and get slugged with 1 match suspensions.

Then again maybe Bettman will call them and let them know that simply an appearance and a few interviews will be enough to avoid it.

Dolemite 10-30-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 28628036)
If the fans vote him in, it's his resoponsablility to attend.

True, but the game is supposed to be for the All-Stars in the league. He knows that.

AZcoyotes 10-30-2010 03:09 PM

Who cares what he said!
#Vote4BizNasty

He could be the first person to get a penalty in the ASG in like 8 years!

P U L L H A R D 10-30-2010 03:11 PM

I don't see why people are asking questions. If the fans vote, the players go. Its as simple as that. If we vote for Biz, he is going.

KingJet* 10-30-2010 03:20 PM

I'll still vote for him but Plan B is Curtis McElhinney or Dustin Boyd (Even though he doesn't suck that much, NHL might actually put him in there)

AZcoyotes 10-30-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Nino (Post 28633679)
I'll still vote for him but Plan B is Curtis McElhinney or Dustin Boyd (Even though he doesn't suck that much, NHL might actually put him in there)

Lmfao McElhinney would get lit up by the Eastern All-Stars! It would be great!!!

kuick 10-30-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Nino (Post 28633679)

No.. god please no.

Biz or no one, but it sounds like Biz isn't interested, he'd rather party it up.

EvilPirateZamboni 10-30-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolemite (Post 28627564)
Not everyone uses Twitter.

I can't imagine any non-Twitter users getting caught up in the #vote4BizNasty madness. Is Bissonnette known for anything other than being on Twitter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolemite (Post 28627564)
As I see it, the Biznasty All-Star Voting campaign is a direct result of the NHL’s investment of time and money in leveraging social media in their sport. The fans have flocking to Bissonnette in droves because he shows an honest side to an NHL player that fans do not normally see on a day-to-day basis, if ever.

If the NHL was smart they would co-opt BizNasty popularity and make him "crash" the ASG and tweet about it. Not the actual game but have him visit the locker rooms and goof around with fans.

Fel 96 10-30-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by None Shall Pass (Post 28627365)
Maybe we can get a campaign to have him do play-by-play during the game. That'd be funnier.

I'd love to see him doing PBP or participating in the booth as analyst or something, that'd be so great.

Dolemite 10-30-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilPirateZamboni (Post 28634593)
If the NHL was smart they would co-opt BizNasty popularity and make him "crash" the ASG and tweet about it. Not the actual game but have him visit the locker rooms and goof around with fans.

THAT is a great idea.

serge2k 10-30-2010 04:41 PM

This was fun when it happened with Rory.

Now it's lame and old.

KingsCast 11-17-2010 01:05 PM

This may be immature but I'm voting for BizNasty anyway.

superhakan 11-17-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsCast (Post 29003454)
This may be immature but I'm voting for BizNasty anyway.

If you follow his twitter it seems like he is quite for the idea now.

Plans on buying a drum set with the money you get from being voted an all-star.

parabola 11-17-2010 01:21 PM

It wont work, this has far less momentum than the rory campaign had.

But it's not like Biznasty has a say in this. Sorry Biz, if you get the votes you get the votes.