HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OT: The Walking Dead (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=836508)

Perfect_Drug 10-31-2010 09:39 PM

OT: The Walking Dead
 
You guys watching this???

Best show ever.

OilersRockTheNHL 10-31-2010 09:47 PM

Recordin it , can't wait to watch it tho.

Perfect_Drug 10-31-2010 09:53 PM

VERY gruesome for TV:

http://www.youtube.com/wach?v=R1v0uF...ayer_embedded#


stony 10-31-2010 09:55 PM

woah, just checked out a trailer for it. What channel is it on up here?

Valic 10-31-2010 10:03 PM

AMC. Watch it. Replayed at 930 and 11

Jimmi McJenkins 10-31-2010 10:22 PM

Apparently it's very true to the Graphic Novel, which in itself is very good.

OttawaOilFan 10-31-2010 10:23 PM

WOW!!!! I had completely forgotten! thank you sooooooooooooo much for reminding me!!!

McJadeddog 10-31-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 28662220)
Apparently it's very true to the Graphic Novel, which in itself is very good.

yeah its supposedly staying very true to the comic (and the comic is the best graphic i've probably ever read)... the 1st episode was about 85% "comic material" and 15% "TV extras", so pretty good so far.... the episode itself was simply wonderful, but what else would you expect from AMC?

Spawn 10-31-2010 10:38 PM

Great pilot episode. Boardwalk empire has competition for best new show this year.

By the way there is a thread on this show in the entertainment section, might be better suited for there, but whatever.


If the thread continues I hope that people will remember that many have not read the graphic novel so if you are going to discuss what happens in the comic than do so in spoiler tags ( [spoil]Put spoiler here[*/spoil] without the star)

Replacement 10-31-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn (Post 28662444)
Great pilot episode. Boardwalk empire has competition for best new show this year.

By the way there is a thread on this show in the entertainment section, might be better suited for there, but whatever.


If the thread continues I hope that people will remember that many have not read the graphic novel so if you are going to discuss what happens in the comic than do so in spoiler tags ( [spoil]Put spoiler here[*/spoil] without the star)

Boardwalk Empire imo is nothing at all. Far inferior to the Sopranos or many mafioso movies, series that have been done much better before.
Its an overdone genre and really you could only be impressed with this if you hadn't been exposed to the Godfather and everything since for several decades.

Theres lots of promise in teh Atlantic boardwalk story and history but the resultant series sucks. Its maybe doing well in the face of really ordinary TV these days.

boopronger 10-31-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 28662494)
Boardwalk Empire imo is nothing at all. Far inferior to the Sopranos or many mafioso movies, series that have been done much better before.
Its an overdone genre and really you could only be impressed with this if you hadn't been exposed to the Godfather and everything since for several decades.

Theres lots of promise in teh Atlantic boardwalk story and history but the resultant series sucks. Its maybe doing well in the face of really ordinary TV these days.

Wow, didnt think id find someone who thought the same as me on Boardwalk. I cant seem to get into it even though I love Steve Buscemi (sp?)

McQuixote 10-31-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog (Post 28662381)
yeah its supposedly staying very true to the comic (and the comic is the best graphic i've probably ever read)... the 1st episode was about 85% "comic material" and 15% "TV extras", so pretty good so far.... the episode itself was simply wonderful, but what else would you expect from AMC?

I hope it deviates eventually. I'd like a fresh experience. Also, I'm not all that impressed by the direction the comic went and think they could do better. Sort of like DEXTER. They took a cool novel and premise and then ran in their own direction making something that I think is even better than the source.

misfit 10-31-2010 10:51 PM

I can't get AMC up here, but I'm a big fan of the comic series. Looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Spawn 10-31-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 28662494)
Boardwalk Empire imo is nothing at all. Far inferior to the Sopranos or many mafioso movies, series that have been done much better before.
Its an overdone genre and really you could only be impressed with this if you hadn't been exposed to the Godfather and everything since for several decades.

Theres lots of promise in teh Atlantic boardwalk story and history but the resultant series sucks. Its maybe doing well in the face of really ordinary TV these days.

Suffice to say, I disagree. I haven't seen last weeks episode or the one this week, but I've been impressed with what I've seen so far. Now it's no Wire, but nothing is. As for the Sopranos, I've seen a few episodes here and there but I was never able to get into it. I'll probably try again at some point but I was never impressed with what I did see.

But, this thread is about Walking Dead, so perhaps I shouldn't be going so off topic haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 28662597)
I can't get AMC up here, but I'm a big fan of the comic series. Looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Thats what torrents are for (or there are a number of websites that you could just watch it right off the net in really good quality.)

Philly85 10-31-2010 10:59 PM

mas o menos, yo pienso.

also, Boardwalk Empire crushes, it's constructed like The Wire, my favourite show of all time. Methodically unfolds, won't be till at least season 2 when the show really takes that next step. Production and writing is top notch.

McJadeddog 10-31-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonQuixote (Post 28662579)
I hope it deviates eventually. I'd like a fresh experience. Also, I'm not all that impressed by the direction the comic went and think they could do better. Sort of like DEXTER. They took a cool novel and premise and then ran in their own direction making something that I think is even better than the source.

really? you don't like the direction the comic went? you're literally the 1st person i know who isn't in love with it, lol.... everybody to their own i guess :) i personally *love* the comic, it progressed very closely to how i imagine things would progress (if such a thing actually happened)... i hope they stay as close to the comic as possible

flashy 10-31-2010 11:01 PM

they made a show about cher?

Tad McMikowsky 10-31-2010 11:04 PM

Yup, that show has now replaced Heroes for my new fall time show.

Well since Heroes got cancelled anyways.

CanadianCommie 10-31-2010 11:06 PM

great show, watched it tonight and it was fantastic.

McGhostbuster 11-01-2010 12:17 AM

AMC is so awesome.

Breaking Bad/Walking Dead rule the universe.

syz 11-01-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonQuixote (Post 28662579)
I hope it deviates eventually. I'd like a fresh experience. Also, I'm not all that impressed by the direction the comic went and think they could do better. Sort of like DEXTER. They took a cool novel and premise and then ran in their own direction making something that I think is even better than the source.

Zombies are hard to make satisfying endings for anyway.

"Everyone dies" is about it.

ScrillaVilla 11-01-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster (Post 28663333)
AMC is so awesome.

Breaking Bad/Walking Dead rule the universe.

certainly an impressive season premier thats for sure, when does the new season of breaking bad start?

I am the Liquor 11-01-2010 01:27 AM

Zombies are scary in large groups or in confined spaces. Find yourself a good water and food supply in the middle of nowhere and you are golden. Going to a big city is just asking for trouble. Zombie trouble.

Lounge Act* 11-01-2010 01:29 AM

God forgive us!

ep. 2 preview

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-W...id=88963904001

Tavaresmagicalplay* 11-01-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 28663734)
Zombies are scary in large groups or in confined spaces. Find yourself a good water and food supply in the middle of nowhere and you are golden. Going to a big city is just asking for trouble. Zombie trouble.

:lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.