HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Eric Wellwood called up; expected to replace Nodl tonight (November 1) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=836606)

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 09:29 AM

Eric Wellwood called up; expected to replace Nodl tonight (November 1)
 
Source: CSNPhilly.

Not sure if that means Nodl is out tonight.

Eric Wellwood 5' 11" 180 Mar 6, 1990 20 Windsor, ON, CAN

Alchemy 11-01-2010 09:32 AM

Indication of Nodl being injured and Briere being suspended?

JVR21 11-01-2010 09:33 AM

Wow, does this mean we're choosing Wellwood over Zherdev? I guess this is the end for him...

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harakiri (Post 28665560)
Indication of Nodl being injured and Briere being suspended?

Zherdev likely replaces Briere.

Wellwood could supplant Nodl if he can't play tonight.

Alchemy 11-01-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 28665579)
Zherdev likely replaces Briere.

Yeah. I don't see Wellwood being called up to replace Nodl unless Briere is suspended. Looks like Zherdev and Wellwood will be seeing action.

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harakiri (Post 28665618)
Yeah. I don't see Wellwood being called up to replace Nodl unless Briere is suspended. Looks like Zherdev and Wellwood will be seeing action.

I'm sure Holmgren got a notion in an advance from Campbell and the NHL. Likely suspension is on the horizon.

might2mash 11-01-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harakiri (Post 28665618)
Yeah. I don't see Wellwood being called up to replace Nodl unless Briere is suspended. Looks like Zherdev and Wellwood will be seeing action.

Wow, might as well Boosh while we're at it, tonight's a loss. :sarcasm:

Alchemy 11-01-2010 09:47 AM

MSE i just heard that Briere's conference call is done. Just no decision made yet.

I think he will get suspended.

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harakiri (Post 28665716)
MSE i just heard that Briere's conference call is done. Just no decision made yet.

I think he will get suspended.

He has a track record. He'll get the gate, it's just a matter of the amount.

RJ8812 11-01-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 28665570)
Wow, does this mean we're choosing Wellwood over Zherdev? I guess this is the end for him...

my guess is Zherdev replaces whoever is out, that being Briere if he's suspended or Nodl if he's injured. Wellwood plays if both are out

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 10:11 AM

Wellwood is on a line with JVR and Richards tonight.

HoverCarle* 11-01-2010 10:18 AM

While I like Wellwood, I feel Kalinski is getting the shaft

GKJ 11-01-2010 10:20 AM

Wellwood is a skill player, Kalinski is not.


Wellwood is playing with JVR and Richards at practice, which tells me he's playing.

Alchemy 11-01-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 28666093)
While I like Wellwood, I feel Kalinski is getting the shaft

I think it has more to do with what has been going on with the Maroon fiasco. It was reported that him and Legein were warned if their attitudes don't get better they could be next. So i see why he wasn't given a chance.

jd2210 11-01-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 28666093)
While I like Wellwood, I feel Kalinski is getting the shaft

Different skill set.

jd2210 11-01-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 28666004)
Wellwood is on a line with JVR and Richards tonight.

So would that leave us with:

JVR Richards Wellwood/Nodl
Hartnell Giroux Leino
Powe Carter Zherdev
Carcillo Betts Shelly

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd2210 (Post 28666469)
So would that leave us with:

JVR Richards Wellwood/Nodl
Hartnell Giroux Leino
Powe Carter Zherdev
Carcillo Betts Shelly

My guess is he'll start with a set of lines and then alter it depending on the flow of the game.

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2010 10:48 AM

Wellwood: “It caught me off-guard, I didn’t expect this so soon. I’m here and I’m going to make the most of it.”

sa cyred 11-01-2010 11:03 AM

WOOOOOOTTTTTTTT Im happy about this. I liked him during preseason and was hoping he would get a shot.

He is only 20 so he is young and has skill. Hope he does well.

dbr2 11-01-2010 11:19 AM

Great, I like Wellwood.

RIPRichardsCarter 11-01-2010 11:19 AM

He's probably so happy to get out of the ****-hole team known as the Phantoms.

We should probably stop trading away all of our draft picks and try to build a prospect pool again...

LEIFey 11-01-2010 11:48 AM

The kid is blazing fast. I hope he can keep up the fine play from preseason and bring it at the higher level. I'm excited to see what he can offer us.

GoneFullHextall 11-01-2010 11:51 AM

good for the kid. hope he makes the most of it.

CS 11-01-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker912 (Post 28667046)
He's probably so happy to get out of the ****-hole team known as the Phantoms.

We should probably stop trading away all of our draft picks and try to build a prospect pool again...

Or we should try not driving our own prospects into rebellion...

Flyskippy 11-01-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 28667559)
Or we should try not driving our own prospects into rebellion...

I must be out of the loop. Why is there disdain for Gilbert - and why is he nic'd "Idiot Stick"?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.