HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   On the Radio: Brassard: "our owner doesnt like hockey as much as his father" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=836822)

Phil Parent 11-01-2010 07:11 PM

Brassard: "our owner doesnt like hockey as much as his father"

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ric-41722.html

Link to the website of the radio station, which has written excerpts and the interview.

You'll have to find a translation for this as it's in French but...

Brassard says...

"Our owner died 2 years ago and then his son took over. I don't think his son likes hockey like his father did. When we took the team picture, he wasn't even there."

He also says that Columbus is starting to be in the same group as Atlanta and Florida when it comes to teams potentially moving..

Mods Edit: The title was a bit misleading. I've changed it.

Doug19 11-01-2010 07:17 PM

Oh Brassard, when did you turn Russian? It's true though, and as far as lumping Columbus in with the teams that could move, I think that maybe he should pull his head out of his ass and start producing so that it doesn't come to that point.

ClevelandJacketFan 11-01-2010 07:18 PM

Fantastic.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

Can we get another expansion team?

Samkow 11-01-2010 07:19 PM

Brassard just became Zaius' favorite player. :shakehead

Not smart kid. Not gonna flip out about it but shoulda shut your mouth.

Jaxs 11-01-2010 07:21 PM

I can see this topic of discussion ending well. He can claim misinterpretaton!

Timeless Winter 11-01-2010 07:22 PM

We already knew this.

Edit: Just read the last sentence. Yikes. Trade bait perhaps?

The Four Seven 11-01-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 28675594)
Oh Brassard, when did you turn Russian? It's true though, and as far as lumping Columbus in with the teams that could move, I think that maybe he should pull his head out of his ass and start producing so that it doesn't come to that point.

He's got more points than our supposed superstar player and captain in the last five games, and the same amount of points over the whole season. He's tied for second in points and goals for the whole team.

So, uh, try another one.

blahblah 11-01-2010 07:25 PM

rofl, nothing else to say.

Derby 11-01-2010 07:25 PM

Looks like Derick won't be invited up for Christmas dinner at the Double Eagle this year.:sarcasm:

Derby 11-01-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 28675594)
Oh Brassard, when did you turn Russian? .

The "Russian" thing is pretty much over-played, dontcha think? :shakehead

Iron Balls McGinty 11-01-2010 07:33 PM

After 10 years, I'm actually hoping the McConnell family sells the team. I want an owner that actually cares about the team and is willing to spend a bit of money to make it successful. I don't want us to become the Pittsburgh Pirates of Hockey.

Considering everything the league has gone through to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix, I'm sure we could find an owner that wouldn't want to move the team to another city.

Robert 11-01-2010 07:41 PM

Brass said the truth, but the truth in Columbus puts one in Siberia.. As the FOX TV guys in the past Brassard will probably be fired now.

pete goegan 11-01-2010 07:42 PM

Stupid comments from a dumb kid.

Samkow 11-01-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 28676121)
Brass said the truth, but the truth in Columbus puts one in Siberia.. As the FOX TV guys in the past Brassard will probably be fired now.

What the hell?

wahsnairb 11-01-2010 07:55 PM

while he obviously shouldn't have said what he did, what he said is most definitely the truth.

Fro 11-01-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 28676199)
What the hell?

a jim day comparison... :teach:

JF Omalycat 11-01-2010 08:11 PM

Again, it probably wasn't in his best interest to run his mouth, but I have a hard time faulting a guy for honesty.

IBleedUnionBlue 11-01-2010 08:14 PM

What Brassard said is painfully accurate. I can't fault him for speaking the truth. We all know the front office and ownership is a minor league operation. I could run this organization better then McConnell or Priest. What will eventually determine the fate of the CBJ wont be the on ice product, but the unqualified clowns running it.

cbjgirl 11-01-2010 08:17 PM

I'll admit to trying to find the best in people and situations...

There is more than one way to look at his comments. The main thing I'm thinking is that Mac Jr. is NOT retired. He might be just a bit busy with the family business and other aspects of life and had something better to do than come down for a picture.

Have any of the other owners ever been in the picture?

aRussian 11-01-2010 08:17 PM

I can't rip on him because I don't really think this is new information...
Plus he's being honest. Hopefully Mac Jr. gets a hint...

leesmith 11-01-2010 08:22 PM

Where are all the people who were telling me this summer that the players don't notice what happens in the rest of the organization and it doesn't affect their play?!?

Crede777 11-01-2010 08:28 PM

This really shouldn't affect his play. Players in Phoenix proved that.

Brassard is right about ownership, but wrong about hockey's viability in Columbus. We just need a team that doesn't flat out suck.

Also consider who he's talking to. It's no secret that Quebec City has been vying for a team for a long time now.

Samkow 11-01-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 28676411)
a jim day comparison... :teach:

Makes more sense. ;)

JACKETfan 11-01-2010 08:57 PM

Brass is hardly an expert on Mr Mac & the Team. John H was an absentee owner quite often. Those of us who had season tickets can remember how many times you'd look up into the owners box and Mr. Mac was not there.

I've heard John P actually played hockey in a men's league. But can hardly fault him for not being Mark Cuban. The team was given to him by default. Give him time to become old, fat and white haired, then we'll love him.

CBJCougar 11-01-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asphate (Post 28675464)
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ric-41722.html

Link to the website of the radio station, which has written excerpts and the interview.

You'll have to find a translation for this as it's in French but...

Brassard says...

"Our owner died 2 years ago and then his son took over. I don't think his son likes hockey like his father did. When we took the team picture, he wasn't even there."

He also says that Columbus is starting to be in the same group as Atlanta and Florida when it comes to teams potentially moving.

I could have said the same thing about Brassard at the beginning of the season...but then again, I wouldn't be baiting or biting the hand that feeds me by saying it.

Some want to dismiss the way Nash handles the media but moments like this make me say...thank you, Rick Nash.