HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Biggest turnarounds from last year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=836984)

CHGoalie27 11-02-2010 09:28 AM

Biggest turnarounds from last year

The two guys I bashed most, and as they're showing us now, rightfully so...

Boyle:yo: and Rozsival!!!! I love love love what I'm seeing outta their play, positioning, and obvious effort of the legs! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

...and after the last couple, maybe Eminger starts holding up this version of himself and swings the poll the other way?

I don't want to give too much praise too soon, but if we see them keep it up we might even hear them cheered everytime they get the puck instead of what we're used to.

Seriously........BOYLE!!!!!!:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::y o::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:
F@(#ING MONSTER!!!

Matteau Matteau 11-02-2010 09:31 AM

Boyle is looking damn good. His speed on that top-shelf backhand-flip goal against Toronto the other night was just awesome. :handclap:

mullichicken25 11-02-2010 09:32 AM

this thread starts and ends with Boyle

he's playing like he just found out he's 6'7 244lbs and he's allowed to use his hockey stick

nothing about the way he's playing resembles the 09-10 boyle

CHGoalie27 11-02-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullichicken25 (Post 28685511)
this thread starts and ends with Boyle

he's playing like he just found out he's 6'7 244lbs and he's allowed to use his hockey stick

nothing about the way he's playing resembles the 09-10 boyle

Ever get so happy about something, you let out laughter that's like half hyperventilation and it feels like your eyes are about to tear up??

I've been getting that way thinking about the possibility of him staying this way :D

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-02-2010 09:43 AM

I almost feel the biggest turnaround has been Torts. This year he actually comes off almost articulate. He seems to have lost the chip on his shoulder and is not nearly as angry as he came across most of last season.

Badko 11-02-2010 09:47 AM

I'm also loving the effort Prust puts into every game. And Avery has also been much more consistent this year.

Things are beginning to click. Let's hope it continues and gets even better! :yo:

Slick Rick 61 11-02-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 28685655)
I almost feel the biggest turnaround has been Torts. This year he actually comes off almost articulate. He seems to have lost the chip on his shoulder and is not nearly as angry as he came across most of last season.

I agree with this 100%. I'm not a Torts fan myself, and it seems that this season he doesn't have that smugness about him. He also hasn't done anything that has left me scratching my head, scratching Sauer aside. He's kept lines together, he's preached patience, and he's handling Stepan right by cutting his minutes, allowing him to analyze the game/learn, without burning out soon. Only thing I'd like to see him improve on just not running MDZ into the ground and overloading him.

Matteau Matteau 11-02-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Agreed. I've actually seen him--gasp--SMILE AT, PAT ON THE BACK and TALK TO
(not bitc* at) the players! Which is like a huge deal for him LOL

I said a long time ago that I believe Torts' attitude demotivates the players. Glad to see that he seems to have let some of it go.

Stugots 11-02-2010 09:56 AM

Boyle for sure- this is probably what LAK were expecting when they drafted him #26 overall.

Slick Rick 61 11-02-2010 09:58 AM

Now we are seeing that untapped potential Boyle had. There had to be some reason Sather gave up a 3rd round pick for him, considering his trade mastery. :yo:

offdacrossbar 11-02-2010 10:06 AM

boyle- better in every way
dubi- showing skills/smarts i never knew he had
rozy- confidence and a healthy hip
torts- seems in control of himself so far.

those 4 are responsible for much of our success so far.

BlueshirtBlitz 11-02-2010 10:13 AM

Boyle has shown the importance of knowing how to skate.

If he keeps playing this way he is definitely an ideal bottom six forward, along with Prust.

Depending on who the LW is, X-Boyle-Prust is a very solid 4th, or even 3rd line.

t3hg00se 11-02-2010 10:36 AM

Brian Boyle does not forgive.

Brian Boyle does not forget.

http://imgur.com/ta0pu.png

CHGoalie27 11-02-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 28686032)
Boyle has shown the importance of knowing how to skate.

If he keeps playing this way he is definitely an ideal bottom six forward, along with Prust.

Depending on who the LW is, X-Boyle-Prust is a very solid 4th, or even 3rd line.

I dunno! If he keeps this up, I want him up at #1 helping Gaborik(should he ever return) not be killed.

The Mouth 11-02-2010 01:49 PM

It's only been 11 games and I don't want to get too overboard with the praise right now, but I was pretty vocal in the off season about why the hell was Brian Boyle on this team, and why Brandon Prust seemed to be a shoe in for a roster spot all during camp.

I was dead wrong on both so far. Boyle has looked much improved and Prust is leaps and bounds more important than I ever thought he would be.

This group really seems to care about winning hockey games and that is something we haven't seen in these parts in a long time.

I dont want to get to ahead of myself but for the first 11 games, the Rangers effort has been great to watch and I have a lot of pride concerning the teams play right now.

hlundqvist30* 11-02-2010 02:04 PM

I know some people are going to disagree with me, but I've been impressed with MDZ defensively. Outside of the Islanders game, where he was absolutely awful, he's been solid in his own zone. Some mistakes, for sure, but that's to be expected with a 20 year old offensive defenseman. His positioning has been a lot better, especially on odd man rushes, and he's thrown the body more consistently. He still has plenty of work to do, but I'm happy with his progression so far.

n8 11-02-2010 02:13 PM

I think Boyle has found the speed that allows him to play the game the way he used to against college level talent where he was able to use his size and relative speed for back then to get to the places he needs to be to score goals. Last year, the game was just moving too fast for him.

Sad London Ranger 11-02-2010 06:55 PM

Roszi or Dubi

also possibly - Callahan - the best Rangers skater

nyr2417 11-02-2010 07:00 PM

With Stepan Anisimov and Boyle we have our middle locked down for the next 7 years or so. Now my question is do we rely on one of these 3 to be our number one center and sign a 4th line center to short-term deals year in and year out or do we go out and haul in a legit #1?

Loffen 11-02-2010 07:04 PM

Getting back into games / not quitting, is another improvement.

When we were down 1 or 2-0 last season, the games were usually lost.

JeffMangum 11-02-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

This. And he actually seems to have a system in place.

But I will miss those anger filled press conferences. "Play ****ing harder".

As for Boyle, I knew he had it in him. I was one of the ones who wanted to give him more ice time(not here, on another board), and was ripped for it, was told he was terrible at hockey. LOL, funny how things change.

BKRangerFan 11-02-2010 08:06 PM

what about girardi... he has always been okay imo, but this year im loving how simple and smart his game is... last year i thought he was a beneficiary of playing with staal, but this year i think his partner is a beneficiary of his hustle and effort. and a +6 isnt bad.

also i think they have much better communication on the ice between the defensment and the forwards... pointing, yelling, covering back

satrabyk 11-02-2010 10:33 PM

Not going to lie this is the first year since 2007 that i am looking forward to watching games. I love the fact we have young guys leading the way all getting better. The game is a young mans game and im really happy to see that we finally our having young guys lead the way. Other than letting Kennedy go to the AHL i am happy with the team. I know people may disagree but i just wish that Drury and Prospal would not return as i am enjoying watching this team and fear that when they do we will take steps back rather than forward. For instance could someone name 3 players they would take out to replace the three injured players, because other than White i cannot.

GrizMint 11-02-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satrabyk (Post 28702251)
Not going to lie this is the first year since 2007 that i am looking forward to watching games. I love the fact we have young guys leading the way all getting better. The game is a young mans game and im really happy to see that we finally our having young guys lead the way. Other than letting Kennedy go to the AHL i am happy with the team. I know people may disagree but i just wish that Drury and Prospal would not return as i am enjoying watching this team and fear that when they do we will take steps back rather than forward. For instance could someone name 3 players they would take out to replace the three injured players, because other than White i cannot.

White: Boogie, Grachev, Feds, Frolov.. Stepan? Rather all three IR's then any of these guys. Keep the core players moving and I see nothing wrong with any of these players sitting, ahl or being waived. Not saying I dont like the last 4 but they arent what is making this team play well right.

HockeyBurd* 11-03-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

I'm just wondering if you're implying this is impacting the hockey side of things? Or are you just saying you don't dislike him as much?