HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Salary Cap: Expected to go up 3.5M$-4.5M$ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=837027)

Em Ancien 11-02-2010 11:26 AM

Expected to go up 3.5M$-4.5M$
 
Shamelessly taken from the Ruins' board

Quote:

If the additional television revenue is pumped directly into the salary-cap number, the salary cap is expected to rise by at least $3.5-$4.5 million, since the new television deal should increase by at least $100 million a season.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/pa...course-staches

overlords 11-02-2010 11:27 AM

wow. we can really go shopping for defense this summer.

Andy 11-02-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 28687052)
wow. we can really go shopping for defense this summer.

We'd have like 32 million in cap space next season, we can do anything we want lol. That's crazy amounts of money. It would be as though we got rid of Spacek's or Andrei's salary this year.

Next year will be super interesting for the habs that's for sure.

katatoniak 11-02-2010 11:30 AM

So Stamkos can ask for .... 13 millions a year ? `:P

Analyzer 11-02-2010 11:32 AM

When's the CBA up ?

I smell a strike.

danboulie 11-02-2010 11:33 AM

Cue the return of the Lecavalier to Montreal rumors....

crazyd 11-02-2010 11:34 AM

Great! Now we can buy out Spacek.

FlyingKostitsyn 11-02-2010 11:36 AM

This is great since we have most of our core locked down for a few years. Such a big increase in cap might cause a slight increase of salaries.

Anyways this easily covers Markov and AK46's contract raises and with Hammer leaving we can sign or trade for a good player. Sadly the best defensemen available appears to be our own Markov...

What about a 8m offer sheet for Doughty? :naughty: Albeit RFA Jack Johnson would be a more realistic target. He plays right or left and would be an excellent partner for Markov as he's fast skating, extremely robust and has decent/good puck skills.

neofury* 11-02-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koseegin (Post 28687086)
We'd have like 32 million in cap space next season, we can do anything we want lol. That's crazy amounts of money. It would be as though we got rid of Spacek's or Andrei's salary this year.

Next year will be super interesting for the habs that's for sure.

Yeah and if we dumped Spacek... we could build an unstoppable force and imo UFA's will definitely want to sign here. It largely depends on how Price plays imo. Players want to sign with contenders except for the really greedy ones but even the ones who care more about money still would rather play for a good team obviously.

This summer we're a few solid moves away from being a huge contender imo.

FlyingKostitsyn 11-02-2010 11:37 AM

I reaaally wish we could unload Gomez's contract and sign Brad Richards. :cry:

Pitkanen would be an awesome addition however, especially since he's pretty young.

SergeConstantin74 11-02-2010 11:40 AM

Parise wants out of NJ. :sarcasm:

Damn Gomez...

Andy 11-02-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 28687232)
Yeah and if we dumped Spacek... we could build an unstoppable force and imo UFA's will definitely want to sign here. It largely depends on how Price plays imo. Players want to sign with contenders except for the really greedy ones but even the ones who care more about money still would rather play for a good team obviously.

This summer we're a few solid moves away from being a huge contender imo.

yup the pieces are definitely there. Especially that we have cheap depth in Hamilton with Pacioretty, White and potentially Palushaj for our bottom 6. we're definitely heading in the right direction.

Crusher20 11-02-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 28687302)
Parise wants out of NJ. :sarcasm:

Damn Gomez...

actually we might be able to send there for parise? makes lots of sense.

:sarcasm:

King Woodballs 11-02-2010 11:54 AM

I will beleive this when I see it
so many struggling franchises in the NHL this year needing a boost from the NHL...
So I just can't see league wide revenues growing by that much TV deal or not

The Kremelin Wall* 11-02-2010 11:57 AM

Gomez contract will look like nothing by 2014!

Galchenyuk94 11-02-2010 11:57 AM

Since Gomez's contract is front loaded, maybe just maybe another team will want him at 7.5, 5.5 then 4.5 for the next 3 years. If the cap goes up, the floor goes up as well. Maybe some team struggling to make it will want him.

Then we sign Richards. Is there a website with a list of all the availible UFAs next year?

CareyClutch 11-02-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarto (Post 28687181)
Great! Now we can buy out Spacek.

His salary still count on the cap even if you buy him.

llamateizer 11-02-2010 12:07 PM

they can burry him in AHL but the habs have too much class to do this.

CareyClutch 11-02-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husamus156 (Post 28687759)
they can burry him in AHL but the habs have too much class to do this.

You talking about Spacek? because even in the AHL, his full salary will count on the cap. 35 years old rule.

wedge 11-02-2010 12:15 PM

wow... I'm very surprised by this. I thought it was going to go down.

Montreal Typical 11-02-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge (Post 28687888)
wow... I'm very surprised by this. I thought it was going to go down.

Why would you think that?

Analyzer 11-02-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans (Post 28687830)
You talking about Spacek? because even in the AHL, his full salary will count on the cap. 35 years old rule.

35 year-old rule only matters if he retires. If a player signed to a contract when he'S 35, or older and retires, you still get dinged for all of it.

Whether Spacek is 35, or 25 and got sent down, he'd stll get paid in full.

llamateizer 11-02-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans (Post 28687830)
You talking about Spacek? because even in the AHL, his full salary will count on the cap. 35 years old rule.

ah cÚ vrai
i forgot, thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 28688021)
35 year-old rule only matters if he retires. If a player signed to a contract when he'S 35, or older and retires, you still get dinged for all of it.

Whether Spacek is 35, or 25 and got sent down, he'd stll get paid in full.

yeah he will be paid,
but what he said is that his salary cap count against the cap even if he plays in AHL:

InglewoodJack 11-02-2010 12:25 PM

Sign Chara

Bullsmith 11-02-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardo (Post 28687599)
Since Gomez's contract is front loaded, maybe just maybe another team will want him at 7.5, 5.5 then 4.5 for the next 3 years. If the cap goes up, the floor goes up as well. Maybe some team struggling to make it will want him.

Then we sign Richards. Is there a website with a list of all the availible UFAs next year?

As of trade deadline next year, his contract is moveable. I highly doubt it before that though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.