HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Loktionov to Manchester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=837065)

Belanger25 11-02-2010 02:01 PM

Loktionov to Manchester
 
Kings Twitter and Jon Moncrief both report it.

http://twitter.com/#!/Crief/status/29491885277

http://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/29492012679

Plus Helene says Ponikarovsky not on the ice, no clue why.

http://twitter.com/#!/helenenothelen/status/29492439219

CTKingsFan 11-02-2010 02:03 PM

Not really crazy about this... I liked what he was doing. I suspect him to be back sooner then later.

I guess this means Parse is back.

Tadite 11-02-2010 02:04 PM

Just ran out of spots.

DIEHARD the King fan 11-02-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite (Post 28688756)
Just ran out of spots.

How so? Is Parse back?

Cook24 11-02-2010 02:19 PM

Parse-Kopitar-Brown is really happening. Sweet.

AKAY47 11-02-2010 02:21 PM

It's about time, he needs to get loads of playing time, first line center in Manchester and just take over games there. Now let's see what Parse is up to lol, didn't Lombardi say that Scott Parse was in our top 3 most skilled players?

onlyalad 11-02-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook24 (Post 28688987)
Parse-Kopitar-Brown is really happening. Sweet.

I so wanted that to say Parise-Kopitar-Brown

jimmy1100 11-02-2010 02:41 PM

I still maintain that Parse will put up solid numbers playing alongside Kopitar. Granted, anyone should be able to put up numbers playing on Kopitar's wing, but I think Parse is potentially an excellent complement to Kopitar. If they gel, Parse will blow some people's minds.

JT Dutch* 11-02-2010 02:52 PM

... I have some mixed feelings on this. I felt like Loktionov didn't do much to earn the spot on the top line - that it was just handed to him instead of to someone who, in my mind, deserved it (Simmonds). But, on the other hand, I didn't think that Kopitar did enough as a #1 center and the marquee forward on the team to elevate the play of his linemates. Like it or not, Kopitar is the man most responsible for the failures of his line to generate the offense that was expected of them in the early part of the season.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 11-02-2010 02:59 PM

I'm sad to see him go but he'll be back . . .

Shellz 11-02-2010 03:00 PM

Ponikarovsky is suffering from flu symptoms. ffffff

JDM 11-02-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Dutch (Post 28689554)
... I have some mixed feelings on this. I felt like Loktionov didn't do much to earn the spot on the top line - that it was just handed to him instead of to someone who, in my mind, deserved it (Simmonds). But, on the other hand, I didn't think that Kopitar did enough as a #1 center and the marquee forward on the team to elevate the play of his linemates. Like it or not, Kopitar is the man most responsible for the failures of his line to generate the offense that was expected of them in the early part of the season.

Agree about Kopitar.

However with regards to Loktionov/Simmonds, that's not a fair assessment as Simmonds doesn't,, and I don't believe has ever, played left wing. I get ur point about earning the spot, but insinuating Simmonds got snubbed there is innacurate.

Maynard 11-02-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 28689716)
Ponikarovsky is suffering from flu symptoms. ffffff

At least its during a long break. He probably won't miss any games, 1 at the most.

ean 11-02-2010 03:37 PM

Sweet the Scott Parse experiment continues. I can't wait until he gets traded at the deadline with a 2nd for Jeff Halpern.

BigBrown 11-02-2010 03:46 PM

I'm fine with it. I don't think Parse will do any better or worse than Loktionov or Richardson on that first line so having Loktionov play top minutes in Manchester is probably a good thing. It also probably means Schenn is staying.

Cruel11 11-02-2010 03:50 PM

I don't like that he put Parse on the first line already. :huh:

ean 11-02-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 28690549)
I'm fine with it. I don't think Parse will do any better or worse than Loktionov or Richardson on that first line so having Loktionov play top minutes in Manchester is probably a good thing. It also probably means Schenn is staying.

Loktionov is best off in Manchester playin big minutes, he clearly wasn't fully adjusted to NHL speed. Fully agreed.

But Parse has done nothing to earn 1st line minutes or any PP time. Much like Purcell didn't either.

Johnny Utah 11-02-2010 03:55 PM

So when Poni comes back that will put two of Lewis, Clifford, Schenn and Westgarth back in the press box....

I really hope the Kings send one of Schenn/Clifford back, I just don't like them rotating and playing 5-6 minutes for the next 6 months....I would hope the Kings keep guys like Lewis and other older guys in Manchester like Clune, Zeiler, King as spare parts who can be rotated in or out.

Chazz Reinhold 11-02-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ean (Post 28690623)
Loktionov is best off in Manchester playin big minutes, he clearly wasn't fully adjusted to NHL speed. Fully agreed.

But Parse has done nothing to earn 1st line minutes or any PP time. Much like Purcell didn't either.

So where should he put Parse then? You want to break up the Stoll line? You want to put Parse on the shut down line where he doesn't belong? Putting him on the fourth line doesn't make much sense either.

DAkings20 11-02-2010 03:58 PM

Lokti will be back, I'm guessing he's the first choice as a call up whenever its gonna be needed.

Kurrilino 11-02-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ean (Post 28690360)
Sweet the Scott Parse experiment continues. I can't wait until he gets traded at the deadline with a 2nd for Jeff Halpern.

geeeezzzzzzzzz don't push it......................

You know Lombardi is able to do that.

Purcel has 6 points in 10 games so far.
I expect him to break out next season and of course no one in the Kings organisation
would be responsible for that because there were no signs he can do that.

ean 11-02-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 28690740)
So where should he put Parse then?

The press box might be a good place.

Or maybe some can explain why we need him? If healthy, this is what my lineup looks like.

Richardson-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford/Schenn/Westgarth/Lewis

Maybe not the ideal wing pairs for Kopi, but please keep Parse off of there until he proves he belongs.

JDM 11-02-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 28690549)
I'm fine with it. I don't think Parse will do any better or worse than Loktionov or Richardson on that first line so having Loktionov play top minutes in Manchester is probably a good thing. It also probably means Schenn is staying.

Not necessarily.

It means they want to give Schenn atleast one more game. THat's it. They could keep Loki down, send back BOTH Schenn and Clifford, and would still have a 22-man roster.

Sydor25 11-02-2010 04:17 PM

I'm still voting that Schenn goes back and Clifford stays:

Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Parse-Kopitar-Brown
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Westgarth/Lewis

That is the 4th line that Murray likes to roll with, energy and toughness.

No reason to burn a year off of Schenn's ELC to get spot duty on the 4th line. Clifford's 2nd contract won't be a problem and burning a year of his contract shouldn't be an issue.

Schenn needs to work on his defensive game and playing 4th line minutes won't cut it.

Just my thoughts. :)

Loktionov can be recalled anytime the Kings have an injury. I would send Muzzin back to Manchester when Doughty comes back. He could play 25+ minutes with Hickey and they can build some chemistry.

onlyalad 11-02-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 28690795)
geeeezzzzzzzzz don't push it......................

You know Lombardi is able to do that.

Purcel has 6 points in 10 games so far.
I expect him to break out next season and of course no one in the Kings organisation
would be responsible for that because there were no signs he can do that.

The Kings thought Purcell was going to be an offensive stud. They wanted it to happen last year or maybe the year before. When he floundered is was shipped off. I still think given a very specific role he could do well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.