HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   News Article: More on the Kings-Devs game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=837154)

Andrew Knoll 11-02-2010 04:44 PM

More on the Kings-Devs game

Apologies for not posting this link sooner. It discusses the Mattias Norstrom night game against the Devs in a little bit of depth. I spent a bunch of time talking with the Devils, including Kovalchuk and Brodeur.

I also spent a little while talking to Laperriere, a lot of the ground is covered in Gann's piece but I also spoke with him a while after the main session closed. If anyone is curious about other aspects of Kovy's "return," the Devils' struggles, Marty's thoughts on the game, Mattias Norstrom's thoughts on the current Kings or Lappy's condition, feel free to fire away with questions and comments.

http://thehockeywriters.com/kings-beat-devils/

Kings man 4 life 11-02-2010 06:55 PM

lol he wants his five dollars back! classic.

Sydor25 11-02-2010 07:04 PM

Since the "injury" came to light during the Kings game, I thought I would bring this up here.

Parise is now out 3 months after surgery today. This from an injury back in August. Instead of Parise returning to the Devils this month, he will now miss 3 months of the season.

After Greene didn't get his shoulder checked after the season and ended up missing camp and the first half of October, should teams require their players to get checked on for all nagging injuries? When should a team not let a player self diagnose himself?

Andrew Knoll 11-02-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 28695468)
Since the "injury" came to light during the Kings game, I thought I would bring this up here.

Parise is now out 3 months after surgery today. This from an injury back in August. Instead of Parise returning to the Devils this month, he will now miss 3 months of the season.

After Greene didn't get his shoulder checked after the season and ended up missing camp and the first half of October, should teams require their players to get checked on for all nagging injuries? When should a team not let a player self diagnose himself?

Yeah there is toughness and there is foolishness, you can be tough skating back to the bench but the medical staff should evaluate everything carefully whether the player "feels fine" or not, I think.

With this, who knows, the meniscus is a tricky little ligament and it may have been such a small tear that it went unnoticed. I have heard of players pushing through partial tears but it's usually much later in the season.

Sydor25 11-02-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein (Post 28696019)
Yeah there is toughness and there is foolishness, you can be tough skating back to the bench but the medical staff should evaluate everything carefully whether the player "feels fine" or not, I think.

With this, who knows, the meniscus is a tricky little ligament and it may have been such a small tear that it went unnoticed. I have heard of players pushing through partial tears but it's usually much later in the season.

The fact that both could have been checked out in the off season is my main problem with these 2 injuries, it's not like the player was pushing through an injury in April or during the playoffs. Both should have been checked earlier.

What if Parse tried to push through his injury during camp? What if he thought his job was in jeopardy and ended up tearing something? He could have been out 3+ months too. Instead he missed the first month and the Kings were able to use a couple of junior eligible players to fill in.

Skebo 11-03-2010 01:05 AM

I think he tore, or further tore, the meniscus during the Kings game when he got twisted up at center ice, at the end of a shift. That knee torqued a bit sideways just enough to possibly tear the meniscus when he went down awkwardly. He may have had a slight tear coming into the season, but a slight tear might only produce some discomfort and I wouldn't put it past any hockey player to push through "some discomfort".

BTW, the meniscus is cartilage and not a ligament.

riseandfall9 11-03-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skebo (Post 28704037)
I think he tore, or further tore, the meniscus during the Kings game when he got twisted up at center ice, at the end of a shift. That knee torqued a bit sideways just enough to possibly tear the meniscus when he went down awkwardly. He may have had a slight tear coming into the season, but a slight tear might only produce some discomfort and I wouldn't put it past any hockey player to push through "some discomfort".

BTW, the meniscus is cartilage and not a ligament.

I think Parise is so mad about what has gone on in NJ for the last few years that his head is spinning and be defiantly doesn't want to be their right now, so hes like **** it surgery it is haha. But that's just the conspiracy theorist in me :D