HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Austria: Austrians abroad (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=83729)

Fan.At 06-13-2004 04:27 AM

Austrians abroad
 
Since zecke asked about the Kraxners I tried to compile a list of austrians playing abroad. If anybody has infos about other players not playing in austria, please pass it on, since this list is probably not complete.


North America
Thomas Pöck D Hartford Wolfpack/AHL
Thomas Vanek F Buffalo Sabres/NHL
Michael Grabner F Manitoba Moose/AHL
Mathias Lange G RPI/College
Andreas Nödl F St. Cloud State/College
Stefan Ulmer D Spokane Chiefs/WHL
Patrick Divjak F Sioux Falls/USHL
Christian Ban F Bloomington/IHL
Hugo Margoc F South Shore Kings/EJHL
Kristof Reinthaler D St. Louis/NAHL
Benedikt Schennach F Westfield/NCAA
Taylor Holst F Cowichan Valley/BCHL
Philipp Allmeier G Philadlephia/MJHL
Martin Iberer G Quad City Express/CSHL
Kevin Moderer F Dallas Stars AAA
Christian Cames G Okanagan Hockey School
Anton Martirosian D Notre Dame Argos
Manuel Oberleitner D South Muskoka Shield
Thomas Meinhardt F Sisec Selects
Lukas Rozner F Okanagan Hockey School
Philip Siutz D Okanagan Hockey School
Daniel Pastl F Okanagan Hockey School

Finland
Bernd Brückler G Espoo Blues/SM-Liiga
Mario Fischer F SaPKo/FIN2

Sweden
Reinhard Divis G Färjestad/SEL
Jürgen Penker G Rögle BK/SEL
Markus Wilfan F Grums IK/Junior
Konstantin Komarek F Lulea/Junior
Robert Lembacher D Lulea/Junior
Fabian Scholz D Västeras/Junior
Lukas Titze F Västeras/Junior

Russia
Andre Lakos D Traktor Chelyabinsk/KHL/RSL

Czech Republic
Andre Niec F Ostrava/2nd Tier
Peter Schneider D Znojmo/Juniors
Christoph Skriner F Hradec


Slovakia

Switzerland
Oliver Setzinger F SC Langnau/NLA
Christian Schuster D GCK Lions/NLB
Yannick Bodemann F Langenthal/NLB
Nicolas Paul D Oberthurgau/Juniors
David Rassl F Thurgau/Juniors
Ralph Nachbaur F Davos/Juniors
Jordan Pfennich F Herisau/Juniors
Johannes Bischofberger F Reinthal/Juniors

Germany
Stefan Horneber G Kölner Haie/DEL
Christof Hehle F Ravensburg/2. Bundesliga
Claus Dalpiaz G Rosenheim/Regionalliga
Michael Elmer G EHC Klostersee/Regionalliga
Florian Pedevilla F Braunlage/Regionalliga
Patrick Gruber D Landsberg/Oberliga
Keven Gall F Bad Nauheim/Oberliga
Kevin Puschnik F Helibronner EC/DNL?
Rafael Bruimann F Rosenheim/DNL
Bernhard Feiersinger G Rosenheim

Denmmark

Latvia
Georg Privoznik D Ogre/Latvia

zecke26 06-13-2004 06:20 PM

nice list. good work fan.at!

btw: because of living in kassel, i was able to watch trattnig play a lot last season. he's so damn great. i'm happy he will stay.

and i didn't even know that there are austrians in the DNL. good to know.

Fan.At 06-21-2004 02:27 PM

An article on www.hockeyfans.at tells about Trattnig attracting interest of the Maple Leafs, the Blue Jackets, the Wild and the Islanders.

The austrian pool in the NHL gets deeper :)

zecke26 06-21-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
An article on www.hockeyfans.at tells about Trattnig attracting interest of the Maple Leafs, the Blue Jackets, the Wild and the Islanders.

never ever think about it, matthias. you are a husky, you have to stay here. i'd cry if he would leave kassel. he's so great.

Quote:

The austrian pool in the NHL gets deeper :)
i'd rather say that an austrian pool finally excist. ;)

Fan.At 06-22-2004 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26
never ever think about it, matthias. you are a husky, you have to stay here. i'd cry if he would leave kassel. he's so great.

What would you do if you had to decide between the DEL and the NHL??? :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26
i'd rather say that an austrian pool finally excist. ;)

No comment. :p:

zecke26 06-22-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
What would you do if you had to decide between the DEL and the NHL??? :)

no question, i'd try to play NHL. but the lock-out is the problem for matthias so far. he should sign a one year contract and if he gets a job in the NHL he should stay and enjoy it, otherwise he should come back to kassel.
and be sure, i hope for him to succeed in the NHL. that's for sure. he is a nice guy (for an austrian :lol )

gopher 06-25-2004 05:38 AM

nice to see that our (the austrian) hockey is making some noise!

way to go guys ....

Fan.At 07-01-2004 12:34 AM

Michael Grabner was selected by the Spokane Chiefs in the CHL draft :handclap:

He is a forward who played last season for VSV (splitted between juniors and first league). He also played as 16 year old at the U18 WJCs.

Fan.At 07-02-2004 12:39 AM

Added Nödl. To Sioux Falls Stampede/USHL.

Fan.At 07-02-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26
no question, i'd try to play NHL. but the lock-out is the problem for matthias so far. he should sign a one year contract and if he gets a job in the NHL he should stay and enjoy it, otherwise he should come back to kassel.
and be sure, i hope for him to succeed in the NHL. that's for sure. he is a nice guy (for an austrian :lol )

Rumors in Austria ("Kleine Zeitung") say, that Trattnig is in Columbus to sign a contract. Travelled with him is defenseman Andre Lakos...

Columbus scouts seem to have good eyes for austrian talent :)

Fan.At 07-08-2004 12:32 AM

Moved Trattnig from Kassel to Columbus :banana:

Bacchus 07-08-2004 06:24 AM

So maybe the Jackets become your SJ Sharks. ;)

zecke26 07-09-2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
Moved Trattnig from Kassel to Columbus :banana:

trattnig never told kassel that he's talking with columbus and they weren't informed before he signed that contract.
because he has a contract in kassel for next season, kassel wants money for releasing him.

looks like you can move him back for now. :)

Fan.At 07-10-2004 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26
trattnig never told kassel that he's talking with columbus and they weren't informed before he signed that contract.
because he has a contract in kassel for next season, kassel wants money for releasing him.

looks like you can move him back for now. :)

Interesting. Do you know how much kassel wants?

Isn't it the job of Trattnigs Manager to inform them?

zecke26 07-10-2004 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
Interesting. Do you know how much kassel wants?

no, nothing official yet. the huskies management was totally surprised about trattni's signing with the jackets.

Quote:

Isn't it the job of Trattnigs Manager to inform them?
yes, it is. and he didn't do that. the huskies heard about trattnig's signing after it happened and then asked the agent of trattnig who confirmed it.

zecke26 07-10-2004 07:04 AM

latest news is that the kassel huskies will probably sue columbus and trattnig for breaking a contract. trattnig should be in north america by the start of the season, but the jackets will have to pay some money for him.

cagney 07-29-2004 08:01 PM

Just incase you were interested, it looks like goalie Mathias Lange might have moved from the Billings Bulls of the NAHL to the New York Apple Core of the EJHL. I noticed that he is part of thier team participating in the Chowder Cup tournament and he is listed as playing with them in the fall.

http://www.proamhockey.com/ (click "Chowder Cup" on the left, then click "Rosters" near the top, then click "Apple Core Futures" in Div. 10 on the lower right)

Fan.At 07-30-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney
Just incase you were interested, it looks like goalie Mathias Lange might have moved from the Billings Bulls of the NAHL to the New York Apple Core of the EJHL. I noticed that he is part of thier team participating in the Chowder Cup tournament and he is listed as playing with them in the fall.

http://www.proamhockey.com/ (click "Chowder Cup" on the left, then click "Rosters" near the top, then click "Apple Core Futures" in Div. 10 on the lower right)

Interesting. Is the EJHL a higher level than the NAHL? How good is it compared to the USHL?

cagney 07-30-2004 02:15 AM

It's a bit hard to say. The NAHL isn't the league it was two years ago after the loss of some of it's better teams and the subsequent merger with the AWHL (which was traditionally considered the lowest level of the four main US junior leagues). Lange was playing in a division of the NAHL which was made up of former AWHL teams and was surely the weakest division in the league (most of the games were played within the division so this has a significant effect on the level of play). I would imagine that the EJHL is probably a step up for him though (the Apple Core organization is one of the better teams in the league from what I understand). It's not at the level of the USHL though (which has really started to seperate itself from the other leagues IMO).

Interestingly, the Apple Core are the closest (really the only) junior hockey team to me. The idea of seeing them play has crossed my mind on occasion and while I can't be positive I'll actually get out there, if I do I'll try to keep an eye on Lange.

kacz 07-30-2004 09:57 AM

May I ask, what does an Austrian line-up look like if it were going to the World Cup of Hockey this August?

I did the same to the Ukrainian team and i'm looking for a worthy opponent to compare and contrast...

Fan.At 07-31-2004 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zherdev
May I ask, what does an Austrian line-up look like if it were going to the World Cup of Hockey this August?

I did the same to the Ukrainian team and i'm looking for a worthy opponent to compare and contrast...

Hm, if everybody is available it would be like this:

Vanek - Kalt - Brandner
Welser - Setzinger - Trattnig
Szücs - Phillip Lukas - Peintner
Horsky - Raimund Divis - Martin Hohenberger (his nomination is debatable, I think he could be a useful addition)

Andre Lakos - Ullrich
Pöck - Unterluggauer
Robert Lukas - Phillipe Lakos

Reinhard Divis
Brückler

Fan.At 07-31-2004 10:19 AM

Christian Widauer (UK/Basingstoke) has returned to Austria (EK Zell am See/2nd tier league).

Fan.At 08-23-2004 12:31 AM

Included on the new U20 roster for Austria is a forward named Patrick Hegedüs who plays for Mannheimer ERC. Is this club related to Adler Mannheim?

Tronador 08-23-2004 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
Included on the new U20 roster for Austria is a forward named Patrick Hegedüs who plays for Mannheimer ERC. Is this club related to Adler Mannheim?

Yes, it`s like a farmteam. But i can`t say in which league they will play.....???

Fan.At 08-23-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tronador
Yes, it`s like a farmteam. But i can`t say in which league they will play.....???

I think they will play in the Regionalliga.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.