HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Waived: Todd White (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=838322)

King of cool 11-05-2010 12:30 PM

Todd White
 
From Nick Kypreos on Twitter:

Quote:

#Rangers Todd White on waivers today

Levitate 11-05-2010 12:31 PM

Could be making roster room for Gaborik coming back soon, and they made the decision to keep Grachev up until at least then

edit: and by "soon", I mean in the next week or so, not that it's imminent.

pld459666 11-05-2010 12:43 PM

.
 
And then the masses rejoiced.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-05-2010 12:44 PM

Isn't White playing tonight with Cally out?

GrizMint 11-05-2010 12:51 PM

The one night we might actually want him to play...Sather is a joke, i wonder if he even talks to Torts

BlueshirtBlitz 11-05-2010 12:53 PM

Wait, so who takes his spot?

Maybe Gaborik is making a surprise comeback tonight :sarcasm:?

Loffen 11-05-2010 12:54 PM

Waiving the The Great White Spark...

Sather, how dare you!?

Vitto79 11-05-2010 12:55 PM

Lovely, White showcasing himself 2nite

When Gabby is back he is sent down finally....rejoice

beastly115 11-05-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKING33 (Post 28752076)
The one night we might actually want him to play...Sather is a joke, i wonder if he even talks to Torts

We already know these clowns don't talk.

Why do you think Sather made Boogey the highest paid enforcer in the league and Torts doesn't play him?

lbrowne 11-05-2010 01:01 PM

So confused, so is White playing or not tonight? I would think not.

hlundqvist30* 11-05-2010 01:02 PM

Just because he's waived doesn't mean he can't play tonight, guys...

mullichicken25 11-05-2010 01:15 PM

lisin played the night he was waived correct?

UnderPSI 11-05-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Second waiving of Todd White again just paperwork, he first cleared Oct. 6 and that gave #NYRangers 30-day window. This will be same deal.
http://twitter.com/AGROSSRECORD/

RangerFan10 11-05-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 28751918)
Isn't White playing tonight with Cally out?

Just because you're on waivers doesn't mean you can't play. They haven't sent him anywhere.

TrollololBoyle 11-05-2010 02:38 PM

Players have to clear waivers before management decides what to do with them. Other teams have a 48 hour window (I think) to either pass on, or put a claim on the player, if nobody claims White, only then can they send him down.

Puckface NYR* 11-05-2010 03:28 PM

Please just send him down already i dont want to see 3 white waivings this season just cut our ties with him

he shouldn't have been on this team in the first place

id much rather see mza get his minutes even if we lose...this team is not a contender for the cup...acclimate the young kids and dumb shmucks that have no place on this team

RangerBoy 11-05-2010 04:34 PM

As soon as waivers on White expired,the Rangers put him back on waivers? What's up with that? Why is the player still on the team? What is White thinking?

Waivers expire in 30 days or when the player has played 10 NHL games.

White will clear waivers tomorrow at noon. Waivers are 24 hours except when a player is waived on Saturday. 48 hours in that case.

SupersonicMonkey* 11-05-2010 04:35 PM

Just a formality. He's on the roster. And he's playing tonight. This just allows the Rangers the ability to send him down if Gaborik or Drury return within 30 days.

I'd like to see Williams back up for a couple games, though. I liked what we saw of him in his limited time the game he was up. I feel an energy guy like that could be a nice catalyst for Stepan and Grachev.

RangerFan10 11-05-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 28755785)
As soon as waivers on White expired,the Rangers put him back on waivers? What's up with that? Why is the player still on the team? What is White thinking?

Waivers expire in 30 days or when the player has played 10 NHL games.

White will clear waivers tomorrow at noon. Waivers are 24 hours except when a player is waived on Saturday. 48 hours in that case.

Much better players have cleared waivers. I'm 99% confident in saying no one will claim White at any point this season.

It's just business. Voros was waived about 5 times in his 2 year stint here, never seemed to affect his morale.

offdacrossbar 11-05-2010 05:00 PM

hes the worst forward, not named boogaard, on this roster.

thats saying alot.

hes pretty much done.

free0717 11-05-2010 05:00 PM

Ive seen enough of White already. Just send him down.

When Gabby comes back, I rotate Grachev and Boogie until Drury comes back. Then I send down Grachev. When Prospal comes back, I send down Stepan.

I think playing @ the NHL level will actually help Grachev succeed @ the AHL level.

RangerFan10 11-05-2010 05:45 PM

Grachev still doesn't look like he has the combination of confidence and strength to win battles in the corners. He seems kind of soft. He's got the speed and IQ to succeed once his body fills out.

Senorchris 11-05-2010 06:20 PM

I can only assume that this is to give the Rangers the flexibility to claim someone they'd like on waivers that would otherwise push them over the salary cap?

e.g. (numbers are all made up) the Rangers have $0.5 in cap space, and a team puts a decent 5/6 LD on waivers who makes $2m per year. If the Rangers don't have White in 'waiver limbo', they can't put in a claim (if they put White on waivers after they hear about the D, him and his cap space will clear right after the D clears/is claimed).

Whereas if they have him in waiver-limbo, they can send him down instantly, and put in a claim for the defenseman.

vipernsx 11-05-2010 06:44 PM

Good the guy sucks .... up cap space and a roster spot. Rather see a one armed Drury with a club hand.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-06-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorchris (Post 28757528)
I can only assume that this is to give the Rangers the flexibility to claim someone they'd like on waivers that would otherwise push them over the salary cap?

e.g. (numbers are all made up) the Rangers have $0.5 in cap space, and a team puts a decent 5/6 LD on waivers who makes $2m per year. If the Rangers don't have White in 'waiver limbo', they can't put in a claim (if they put White on waivers after they hear about the D, him and his cap space will clear right after the D clears/is claimed).

Whereas if they have him in waiver-limbo, they can send him down instantly, and put in a claim for the defenseman.

Good points--sounds like a sane explanation.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.