HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Waived: Todd White (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=838325)

Comely 11-05-2010 11:35 AM

Todd White
 
Just said by Kypreos on Fan 590

BruinsBtn 11-05-2010 11:36 AM

That was a swift fall.

Edit: 73 points in 2008-09.... I could see Toronto being interested.

regard 11-05-2010 11:37 AM

So how much money in one-way contracts does NY have in the AHL after this?
10 million?

headsigh 11-05-2010 11:40 AM

Poor dude has exploding knees and is way too soft to play in the Atlantic.

pld459666 11-05-2010 11:45 AM

.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by regard (Post 28751806)
So how much money in one-way contracts does NY have in the AHL after this?
10 million?

A drop in the Cablevision bucket.

Dolan lights his (and Sathers) cigars with $10 million.

:shakehead

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 11-05-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regard (Post 28751806)
So how much money in one-way contracts does NY have in the AHL after this?
10 million?

cap circumvention :sarcasm:

airlouche 11-05-2010 11:51 AM

Sather clear cap space for an upcoming move?

headsigh 11-05-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsButton (Post 28751785)

Edit: 73 points in 2008-09.... I could see Toronto being interested.

I wouldn't put much stock in that. Centered Bryan Little & Kovalchuk during a year where the SE had terrible defense.

airlouche 11-05-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY (Post 28752038)
cap circumvention :sarcasm:


Why they dont have a salary cap in the AHL?

GAGLine 11-05-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regard (Post 28751806)
So how much money in one-way contracts does NY have in the AHL after this?
10 million?

He hasn't been sent down yet. He didn't get sent down last time he was waived, so there's no guarantee he will this time, though I think it is likely.

If he does get sent down, that will give us a total of 8.875 mil in 1-way contracts in the AHL (though $383,065 of that has been spent against the Rangers' cap).

hlundqvist30* 11-05-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airlouche (Post 28752167)
Why they dont have a salary cap in the AHL?

I'm pretty sure you're only allowed 10 million.

KarmaPolice 11-05-2010 12:03 PM

Might be a good option for the Oilers as a 3rd line centre. Although Cogliano has picked up him game, so maybe they're happy enough with him pivoting the 3rd line.

Flames Fanatic 11-05-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsigh (Post 28752166)
I wouldn't put much stock in that. Centered Bryan Little & Kovalchuk during a year where the SE had terrible defense.

Uh... I could have sworn his linemates that year were Kozlov and Little. The Little White Russian line.

Belak Attack 11-05-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 28752228)
I'm pretty sure you're only allowed 10 million.

No, there's no cap. But you are only allowed to have a certain amount of players that have played x amount of games in the AHL.

Shaun_W_W 11-05-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 28752228)
I'm pretty sure you're only allowed 10 million.

No there is now limit, only a limit on how many AHL veterans on one team. Not sure if it on the roster or in the lineup.

misfit 11-05-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaPolice (Post 28752260)
Might be a good option for the Oilers as a 3rd line centre. Although Cogliano has picked up him game, so maybe they're happy enough with him pivoting the 3rd line.

Even if they keep Cogs on the 3rd, White is still better than Fraser.

KarmaPolice 11-05-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 28752426)
Even if they keep Cogs on the 3rd, White is still better than Fraser.

No doubt. Just a matter of if they want to pay someone around 2.5m for being their 4th line centre. He's a UFA after this season, though, and cap space is hardly a concern for this season. I don't realistically see Tambellini picking him up, but he would improve the team.

thadd 11-05-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regard (Post 28751806)
So how much money in one-way contracts does NY have in the AHL after this?
10 million?

Yeah... wonder how many teams there are in the league who's owners would/wouldn't care about that. That's it! Poll time!

Sony Eriksson* 11-05-2010 12:27 PM

Does the waiver order go by the order the teams finished last season since we are only 11 games into this season?

seanlinden 11-05-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 28752717)
Does the waiver order go by the order the teams finished last season since we are only 11 games into this season?

Nope. It goes by winning percentage after November 1. Before november 1 it goes by last year's standings.

I think that this will give HFers a real indication of the market for salary out there right now. Todd White is certainly a capable NHLer, and there's quite a few teams who have injury problems / holes in their lineups. If Todd White gets claimed by a few teams, then a team like Boston problably won't be in too much trouble to clear cap. If he clears, that could be an indication that Boston is going to be in tough.

Felonious Python 11-05-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W (Post 28752373)
No there is now limit, only a limit on how many AHL veterans on one team. Not sure if it on the roster or in the lineup.

I'm pretty sure it's the actual lineup.

As long as a team isn't dressing too many vets, there shouldn't be an issue.

No one cares about how many veterans are at team practice.

Seguins Dragon* 11-05-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsButton (Post 28751785)
That was a swift fall.

Edit: 73 points in 2008-09.... I could see Toronto being interested.

Doesn't seem out of the realm of possability... not many teams are as weak as Toronto when it comes to forwards.

With a 2.6 cap hit and 1 year left...

It's worth the risk for a team like Toronto.

KarmaPolice 11-05-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon (Post 28753106)
Doesn't seem out of the realm of possability... not many teams are as weak as Toronto when it comes to forwards.

With a 2.6 cap hit and 1 year left...

It's worth the risk for a team like Toronto.

He doesn't have another year under contract after this. He's signed for the 2010/11 season, which is this season, and is UFA after.

dashripdot 11-05-2010 12:56 PM

Assuming he's not claimed before gametime, he's in the line-up with Callahan out.

Seguins Dragon* 11-05-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaPolice (Post 28753151)
He doesn't have another year under contract after this. He's signed for the 2010/11 season, which is this season, and is UFA after.

sorry that is what I mean, he just has the current season for contract.

Not a bad risk for any team short on forward depth.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.