HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT:What to eat at La Cage Aux Sports? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=838365)

BenchBrawl 11-05-2010 01:26 PM

OT:What to eat at La Cage Aux Sports?
 
Im going to La Cage Aux Sports at Place Versaille tonight and it's been a while since I haven't eat at a Cage aux Sports.I'm wondering what are the good meal there ?
Don't say chicken wings please lol talking about a real meal lol

gusfring 11-05-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenMachine (Post 28753680)
Im going to La Cage Aux Sports at Place Versaille tonight and it's been a while since I haven't eat at a Cage aux Sports.I'm wondering what are the good meal there ?
Don't say chicken wings please lol talking about a real meal lol

Looking for a "real meal" at La Cage Aux Sport? Really?

Ozymandias 11-05-2010 01:30 PM

On another note, I live at two corners from there and didn't know they opened. They took the old spot of le Cinéma Versailles. A lot of memories in the rubble that gave way to that new La Cage.

CapeBretonHab 11-05-2010 01:31 PM

Chicken quesadilla and fries.

overlords 11-05-2010 01:32 PM

absolutely nothing.


especially not the onion block, holy ****.

Maxpac 11-05-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 28753776)
absolutely nothing.


especially not the onion block, holy ****.

:laugh: I was about to write the onion block!

Ozymandias 11-05-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 28753783)
:laugh: I was about to write the onion block!

The Onion block is of particular taste. Not everyone likes it. I do though.

Zaide 11-05-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 28753776)
absolutely nothing.


especially not the onion block, holy ****.

We can't say that it's not comestible... THAT'S WORSE.

CrAzYNiNe 11-05-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 28753783)
:laugh: I was about to write the onion block!

http://media1.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/...6_suEPWklwqA/l

neofury* 11-05-2010 01:38 PM

Cage is disgusting overpriced and the service is really subpar. :laugh:

To be honest I don't know how they stay in business. It's not like they're in fine dining this stuff isn't tough to figure out... With the prices they charge too it could be a lot better.

DogsFan* 11-05-2010 01:38 PM

I ate at the one in Bell Centre 2 times last playoffs. Wasn't really impressed. I got a chicken and rib combo, wasnt bad except cold.

saints96 11-05-2010 01:39 PM

besides the wings and that assorted appetizer platter pretty much everything there is pretty horrible IMO.

overlords 11-05-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandias (Post 28753799)
The Onion block is of particular taste. Not everyone likes it. I do though.

it depends heavily on who cooks it. It can come out fine, but it's at best a ******** attempt at making onion rings more expensive. It takes FOREVER to cook, and even then, a lot of it was cooked ok, the rest was more or less raw.

You know you're in for a wait when even the waitress warns you before hand that it takes an obscene amount of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsFan (Post 28753872)
I ate at the one in Bell Centre 2 times last playoffs. Wasn't really impressed. I got a chicken and rib combo, wasnt bad except cold.

chicken AND rib? big spender.


seriously their prices are ridiculous.

neofury* 11-05-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 28753888)
besides the wings and that assorted appetizer platter pretty much everything there is pretty horrible IMO.

Yeah the platter is alright I guess but nothing there is remotely worth the price. I don't mind paying for a meal even if it's overpriced but when the Italian restaurant across the road costs about the same thing and is 1000x better, you know you've got a problem. They don't give quality or quantity, it's really a lose/lose situation. Also just up the road from my Cage is another placed called Le Manoir and the food is fair, hit or miss depending on what you get but way better value for your buck.

To add insult to injury they have far more TV's, better TV's, everything about it is better tbh even the crowd. :laugh:

skipp18 11-05-2010 01:48 PM

The food at la Cage is really quite bad. Your best bet is probably the chicken wings.

saints96 11-05-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 28753996)
Yeah the platter is alright I guess but nothing there is remotely worth the price. I don't mind paying for a meal even if it's overpriced but when the Italian restaurant across the road costs about the same thing and is 1000x better, you know you've got a problem. They don't give quality or quantity, it's really a lose/lose situation. Also just up the road from my Cage is another placed called Le Manoir and the food is fair, hit or miss depending on what you get but way better value for your buck.

To add insult to injury they have far more TV's, better TV's, everything about it is better tbh even the crowd. :laugh:

I totally agree. I mean the only thing that is alright at the cage is the ambience. Aside from that, it is nothing special for exactly all the reasons you mentioned. le Manoir, that tells me something, where is it?

Analyzer 11-05-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 28753811)

What the **** is that ?

ThaDevilGirl 11-05-2010 01:53 PM

Heh, the best thing at La Cage is the chicken wings. The rest is bad.

Habs 4 Life 11-05-2010 01:54 PM

I honestly haven't been in a Cage in about 3 or 4 years and I don't miss it at all. The food is terrible,overpriced and the beer sucks. I prefer going to Baton Rouge,ambiance isn't like the Cage but the food is better and not as expensive compared to la cage

wedge 11-05-2010 01:54 PM

you pay as much for the food as you pay for the atmosphere. The atmosphere at La Cage is amazing IMO.

Everytime I go there I take the chicken wings with nachos. Their nachos aren't special but I like it.

Sometimes I'll also take that hugeload of fat that is the onion block. I've been disappointed by it the last times I took it as it wasn't cook enough.

anyway, chicken wings with beer is a classic

Habs 4 Life 11-05-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 28754097)
What the **** is that ?

A mixture of leftovers from the 3 tables next to you:laugh:

Seb 11-05-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 28753811)

I'm about to throw up

euphrates 11-05-2010 01:56 PM

the place is huge compared to other cage's ..and the paintings on the walls are amazing :)

Loner 11-05-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 28753724)
Looking for a "real meal" at La Cage Aux Sport? Really?

Yeah Really? There's nothing good at La Cage Aux Sport. If you're looking for that kind of place I suggest you Roaster, http://www.roasters.ca/ The chicken is very good, nice drinks, not expensive and even some unique plate like the Chicken Panzanella Salad.

McNuts 11-05-2010 01:59 PM

Cage is a great place to watch the game. The "Tous pour un" is nice. The baby back ribs are good. And the burgers too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.