HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Rumor: Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=838864)

Telos 11-06-2010 07:55 PM

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Continue on...

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 11-06-2010 07:59 PM

First

http://a.imageshack.us/img442/2892/derp2.jpg

JMFJ 3 11-06-2010 08:04 PM

These aren't really rumor threads, it's usually 90-95% pure speculation...

JMFJ 3 11-06-2010 08:07 PM

C'mon people. I wanna see some real rumors dammit, start digging.

timmeh 11-06-2010 08:07 PM

How gave an offer sheet to Vanek?

Maynard 11-06-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmeh (Post 28781818)
How gave an offer sheet to Vanek?

Sincerely,

Kevin Lowe

KingCanadain1976 11-06-2010 08:24 PM

I think if Eric Staal requested a trade I would think Minnesota wild would be the team frist in line. First i think the wild dont have that "star player" now that grabrick is in New york. Eric would also help attendense since his home is only hours away ( yes i belive Thunder Bay hockey fans would travel to see him ) It may even get some more coverage in my home town. (the local radio station would proberly pick up the wild games again) Not sure who would have to go the other way ( proberly martin havlat or Mikko Koivu )

As for him for Kopi+ as much as id love to go to the store and get a staal name put on a Kings jersy hes far to expensive for to long.

redcard 11-06-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 28782536)
I think if Eric Staal requested a trade I would think Minnesota wild would be the team frist in line. First i think the wild dont have that "star player" now that grabrick is in New york. Eric would also help attendense since his home is only hours away ( yes i belive Thunder Bay hockey fans would travel to see him ) It may even get some more coverage in my home town. (the local radio station would proberly pick up the wild games again) Not sure who would have to go the other way ( proberly martin havlat or Mikko Koivu )

As for him for Kopi+ as much as id love to go to the store and get a staal name put on a Kings jersy hes far to expensive for to long.

I'd say Columbus should be first, they've been trying for years to get Nash a center. A Nash/Staal/Filatov line would be something special.

KingCanadain1976 11-06-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcard (Post 28782602)
I'd say Columbus should be first, they've been trying for years to get Nash a center. A Nash/Staal/Filatov line would be something special.

I agree that would be a hell of a line but if ur going with the needs a center for there star i would say Calgary has been waiting a heck of a lot longer to get one for iggy .

Tadite 11-06-2010 09:21 PM

Lets just keep pretending the Eric Staal rumors are real.

flames123 11-06-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 (Post 28781804)
C'mon people. I wanna see some real rumors dammit, start digging.

I can't believe the Iginla to LA rumour hasn't reached your board yet.

Anyway: Iginla Offered to Kings

Quote:

Iginla Offered?
I had not seen Eklunds column as I had been on the road this afternoon, but when I arrived at Staples I was told by a member of the press that two sources, one from Canada, claimed that Calgary had offered Jarome Iginla to the Kings in exchange for Brayden Schenn, Andrei Loktionov, Thomas Hickey and the Kings 1st round pick. He also went on to say that this will probably be confirmed by a legitimate Canadian newspaper. Calgary fans will think I'm crazy, or maybe its the food poisoning I got tonight from a bad Steak Sandwich, but I wouldn't do that deal.
But take it for what it is worth. Kings probably would be first in line if Iginla was being shopped.

Sydor25 11-06-2010 11:46 PM

We saw that and quickly ignored it. Consider the source.

flames123 11-06-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 28782536)

You do realize it is a GOOD 6 hour drive from Thunder Bay right? You do know that Mikko Koivu is a similar player that they are already paying huge Eric Staal type money right? And you do know that there are no serious attendance issues in Minny right?

KingCanadain1976 11-06-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite (Post 28785580)
Lets just keep pretending the Eric Staal rumors are real.

I never said i belived them btw i said if :nod:

flames123 11-06-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 28790513)
We saw that and quickly ignored it. Consider the source.

Yes the source is iffy but I'm surprised there are no discussions at all. You people beg for some real rumours and you get one, albeit a sketchy one, but you wont discuss it?

If Iginla is going anywhere I put my money on LA.

KINGS17 11-06-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames123 (Post 28790620)
Yes the source is iffy but I'm surprised there are no discussions at all. You people beg for some real rumours and you get one, albeit a sketchy one, but you wont discuss it?

Not at the price you quoted.

etherialone 11-06-2010 11:57 PM

Where was Barry at fault on this?

He reported what he had heard and gave an opinion, I think that some of us hold the media sources who report rumors to some weird level of accountability when all they are doing is reporting what they are told. I mean, I don't see Barry or most of them as far as that goes saying that they are the GM of a team and that when they say that they have heard something or that they believe that something is going to happen that it is written in stone or that they have the ability to actually make it happen.

Eklund in my opinion is slightly more accountable because of his rating system but in the end all he is doing is passing along rumors.

I mean, they are rumors right? Nobody is calling them done deals, are they?

Barry hears things and while your opinion is just as right or wrong as any others mine is that he has contact with people in and around the Kings (and the NHL because nothing happens in a vacuum) and when he hears something he reports it.

There are allot of people who post here who are connected to people players mgmt in the NHL and its affiliate league's and allot of what Barry reports are things that they (we) hear too.

I am not saying that Barry or anyone else is a swami or anything and hey if it gets you happy to bag on them then that is part of the entertainment too I suppose but in the end, they are just messengers. So what difference does it make. I respect allot of them in the same way I do allot of the people who post here, sometimes brilliant and sometimes a little off.

Isn't that the way that it is supposed to be? I mean I know to each their own but I would rather hear the rumors than not.

KingCanadain1976 11-07-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames123 (Post 28790584)
You do realize it is a GOOD 6 hour drive from Thunder Bay right? You do know that Mikko Koivu is a similar player that they are already paying huge Eric Staal type money right? And you do know that there are no serious attendance issues in Minny right?

Um perhaps you didn't realize I live in Thunder Bay and yes its been a while since i've personally been there but alot of people from this town used to go to the states to go shopping. There used to be alot of people that would go down just for the weekend. ( and still do ) I belive that a 6 hour drive isnt that far. I have friends that have driven to minni just to have a coffee lol silly yes i know but its been done a fair amount of time. The local bus company has charters i think to go see them. This town has alot of shift workers which has different days off. So a mid week trip to see a game is possible. I also belive theres a plane ride which is only like 45 mins. once a day from here.

Yes i do know mikko is making that type of money and as i stated i wasnt sure who would go the other way i do see him as a possibe going the other way. As far as ur attendance issues I was only saying that eric is a bigger draw and would help boast attendance. this is just my opinion but i think minnesota would be interested

onlyalad 11-07-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames123 (Post 28790484)
I can't believe the Iginla to LA rumour hasn't reached your board yet.

Anyway: Iginla Offered to Kings

But take it for what it is worth. Kings probably would be first in line if Iginla was being shopped.

Here is the source
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ches-challenge

part people ignore
Quote:

I don't see any indication at all that the Flames would even entertain the thought of moving him.

Ollie Weeks 11-07-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Iginla has been discussed here for like a week now.

DAkings20 11-07-2010 12:12 AM

Barry's source is the team doctor I thought we established this already.

Puck U 11-07-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 28791020)
Barry's source is the team doctor I thought we established this already.

I know people guessed at it being that ... but I doubt it.

Matt was making out like Schenn's knee was so bad in pre-season that we'd never see him with the Kings, and yet there he was on game 1. And then recently Matt claimed Scott Parse's injury was much worse than we all thought at first, and then within a week of him posting that Scott's back in the line-up.

Not ragging on Matt ... this time :) ... just saying doesn't seem like his inside source is the team doctor is all.

flames123 11-07-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Moses (Post 28790898)
Iginla has been discussed here for like a week now.

So I hear. I didn't see a specific thread of anything in the rumour thread so I assumed no one was talking about it.

RonSwanson* 11-07-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976
I have friends that have driven to minni just to have a coffee lol silly yes i know but its been done a fair amount of time.

Caribou Coffee is worth it.
http://www.underconsideration.com/br...ogo_detail.gif

no name 11-07-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

There were about 30 comments discussing it already. No way the Kings nibble at that.