HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Gilbert fired; Paddock takes over Phantoms (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=839620)

Frostbite Warrior 11-08-2010 09:02 PM

Gilbert fired; Paddock takes over Phantoms
 
Check this out

http://poststar.com/news/local/artic...cc4c03286.html

Please read then comment

pelts35.com 11-09-2010 08:10 AM

I guess that's what happens when you get outscored 2-1 and have only won 2 games this season.

That said, why are you asking us to comment? This is your team. What do you think?

Frostbite Warrior 11-09-2010 10:32 AM

I am saying is this some of you guys are from Glens Falls New York and you support the Phantoms so that is why i am trying to tell you to come out to the games and support the Phantoms. I do not come here that much so that is why i said please read then comment! If i see something important i post it here if not i do not come to the boards! That is my choice if i come here!

pelts35.com 11-09-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 28829050)
I am saying is this some of you guys are from Glens Falls New York and you support the Phantoms so that is why i am trying to tell you to come out to the games and support the Phantoms. I do not come here that much so that is why i said please read then comment! If i see something important i post it here if not i do not come to the boards! That is my choice if i come here!

Regardless of whether you come here a lot or not is irrelevant. I asked you what you think about the team that you follow firing their coach.

Aside from you, are there any people from Glens Falls?

Frostbite Warrior 11-09-2010 12:53 PM

Yes there is people in Glens Falls. When Gilbert was coach the attendace kept going down because people are not coming to the games! I know they were 2 and 10 but my point is just come out and support the Phantoms. I am happy that the phantoms got rid of Gilbert. The players on the team are good but why would they score 1 or 2 or 3 goals then lose they need to score more like 6 or 7 goals per game and win

pelts35.com 11-09-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 28831137)
Yes there is people in Glens Falls. When Gilbert was coach the attendace kept going down because people are not coming to the games! I know they were 2 and 10 but my point is just come out and support the Phantoms. I am happy that the phantoms got rid of Gilbert. The players on the team are good but why would they score 1 or 2 or 3 goals then lose they need to score more like 6 or 7 goals per game and win

I apologize for you not understanding my question properly. Just how many people who post here do you think live in Glens Falls aside from you?

So, what you are saying is that attedance kept getting worse because people didn't go to games? Wow, you just said a mouthful there. :rolleyes: However, can you blame the fans for not coming out to watch a team that hasn't even been remotely competitive this season?

As for your last sentence. Are you truly asking for the Phantoms to average 6-7 goals scored per game? Even the highest scoring team in the league is only averaging 4 goals scored per game!

But, perhaps you should look at the defense and goalies and ask them to not allow over 4 goals per game given that the Phantoms have allowed the most goals allowed per game in the AHL as a recipe for winning games as well.

Frostbite Warrior 11-09-2010 01:58 PM

I am going to compare the Phantoms and the Redwings but here me out! The Redwings score about 4 or 8 goals the Phantoms score about 3 goals against the Albany Devils and lost 4 to 3 in overtime! If the Phantoms had the 2004 team here they can be in first place by now! This is my personal opinion but i blame the Goalies because i was listening to the Binghamtom vs Phantoms on the radio and the Senators beat the Phantoms 7 to 3 now if Denis Hamel can only score 3 goals that game why would he not score more goals to tie the game up that game! See my point! People want a winning team not a losing team

pelts35.com 11-09-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 28832129)
I am going to compare the Phantoms and the Redwings but here me out! The Redwings score about 4 or 8 goals the Phantoms score about 3 goals against the Albany Devils and lost 4 to 3 in overtime! If the Phantoms had the 2004 team here they can be in first place by now! This is my personal opinion but i blame the Goalies because i was listening to the Binghamtom vs Phantoms on the radio and the Senators beat the Phantoms 7 to 3 now if Denis Hamel can only score 3 goals that game why would he not score more goals to tie the game up that game! See my point! People want a winning team not a losing team

What Red Wings? The current NHL Red Wings? If so, they are averaging 3.23 goals scored per game. The Avalanche lead the NHL in goals per game at 3.38, yet you want an AHL team to average 4-8 goals per game???

What does the Calder Cup winning 2004 Phantoms that was stocked with NHL players like Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, RJ Umberger, Patrick Sharp, Dennis Seidenberg, Joni Pitkanen as well as very good AHL players like Jon Sim, John Slaney, Boyd Kane, and Mark Murphy have to do with anything????

Are you also asking for Denis Hamel to score 6 goals in a single game? :shakehead

You said yet another mouthful, people want a winning team, yet you are asking people to come out and support the Phantoms who have been absolutely abysmal this season?

But, no, I don't see your point because your ramblings went in a number of different directions, all of which made absolutely no sense.

Frostbite Warrior 11-09-2010 03:44 PM

The Adirondack Redwings that is what i was talking about! The 2004 Phantoms team score alot and won the calder cup and why can't the Phantoms today do the same thing like the 2004 team did! For this question Are you also asking for Denis Hamel to score 6 goals in a single game the answer to that question is yes and that how you win games to score alot

pelts35.com 11-09-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 28833827)
The Adirondack Redwings that is what i was talking about! The 2004 Phantoms team score alot and won the calder cup and why can't the Phantoms today do the same thing like the 2004 team did! For this question Are you also asking for Denis Hamel to score 6 goals in a single game the answer to that question is yes and that how you win games to score alot

Point 1 - The Adirondack Red Wings at their best averaged 4.6 goals per game.

Point 2 - The 2004 Philadelphia Phantoms were a stacked team chocked full of current NHL players and above average AHL players. Your Adirondack Phantoms, bluntly put, are not. However, you really should do your homework and know that in the regular season that Phantoms team only averaged 2.94 goals per game. That team was backstopped by the goaltending tandem of Antero Niittymaki and Neil Little that only allowed 2.31 goals per game.

Point 3 - I would seriously ask you to re-read your last sentence and come back to reality. It is completely unreasonable to ask a single player to score 6 goals in one game. You win games by scoring more goals than your opponent. This includes not allowing 4+ goals per game. Not even the highest scoring teams in the NHL or AHL would win a lot of games when you allow 4+ goals per game.

BTV 11-10-2010 09:57 AM

Hopefully the new coach understands that you need to score more goals than the other team to win! Coach Gilbert apparently didn't understand that, and told the Phantoms to stop when they scored once or twice. I saw them play when they came to Portland last weekend, and the Pirates won 5-2, and Denis Hamel only scored once! He could have gone back out there and scored 4 more times to win the game, but he didn't because Gilbert thought the team who scores LESS goals wins!

If every coach understood this, every team would finish the season undefeated and then all the buildings would be packed full of fans to see winning teams!

ZacUSNYR 11-10-2010 10:47 AM

I go to games up there when the Wolfpack is up there. I hate the Flyers and will not root for the home team up there ever. Plus Glens Falls is a temporary gig for them. Why should someone support a team they know is leaving?

Hope Gilbert gets a new job with a real organization.

pelts35.com 11-10-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR (Post 28851334)
I go to games up there when the Wolfpack is up there. I hate the Flyers and will not root for the home team up there ever. Plus Glens Falls is a temporary gig for them. Why should someone support a team they know is leaving?

Hope Gilbert gets a new job with a real organization.

While we know that it's a temporary gig, they still are not close to breaking ground on the arena in Allentown. People like Frostbite have been begging for the AHL to give them a second chance and this is it. They need to demonstrate to another potential AHL suitor that Glens Falls is a viable AHL city. If they don't support the Phantoms, this will be the final chapter for the AHL in Glens Falls.

As for Gilbert, putting your hatred for the Flyers aside, he has done an absolute abysmal job in Glens Falls and deserved to get the axe. Frankly it was overdue.

HoverCarle* 11-10-2010 02:11 PM

Gilbert is a garbage coach, I am glad he is gone

goalby66 11-11-2010 12:58 AM

The attendance was pretty solid last year, even with a disappointing team. Hasn't been so this year because the team has had minimal success. At the last game against Rochester, people were leaving in droves when the Amerks made it 5-3. Never seen so many people have such a mass exodus.

Clearly people were/are frustrated. A lot of blame was put on Gilbert. Right or wrong, there are no excuses now. The team is young, but has flashes of good potential. Game tomorrow against Toronto, we'll see how that goes.

ZacUSNYR 11-11-2010 07:20 AM

Most people in the area go there because it's a warm place to drink. Last year it started early because of the new factor. Wait till after the holidays and i'm sure it'll pick back up.

adsfan 11-12-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 28833827)
The Adirondack Redwings that is what i was talking about! The 2004 Phantoms team score alot and won the calder cup and why can't the Phantoms today do the same thing like the 2004 team did! For this question Are you also asking for Denis Hamel to score 6 goals in a single game the answer to that question is yes and that how you win games to score alot

Milwaukee won the Calder Cup in 2004. The Phantoms won it in the 2004-2005 season, making them the '05 champs.

pelts35.com 11-13-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 28905149)
Milwaukee won the Calder Cup in 2004. The Phantoms won it in the 2004-2005 season, making them the '05 champs.

You are correct. My bad for actually looking at the Warrior's post. The 03-04 Phantoms were not a high scoring team. They did win their division before losing in the 2nd round, but they certainly didn't win because they scored a lot of goals. They won games because Niittymaki and Little's GAA was just over 2.

Tommy Hawk 11-13-2010 04:02 PM

Never mind..........

Skobel24 11-16-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 28832129)
I am going to compare the Phantoms and the Redwings but here me out! The Redwings score about 4 or 8 goals the Phantoms score about 3 goals against the Albany Devils and lost 4 to 3 in overtime! If the Phantoms had the 2004 team here they can be in first place by now! This is my personal opinion but i blame the Goalies because i was listening to the Binghamtom vs Phantoms on the radio and the Senators beat the Phantoms 7 to 3 now if Denis Hamel can only score 3 goals that game why would he not score more goals to tie the game up that game! See my point! People want a winning team not a losing team

Because one player scoring 3 or more goals per game is so easy to do.

You blame the goalies, then say why didn't Hamel score 7 goals to tie it. Make up your mind.

Timl2009 11-20-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel55 (Post 28989582)
Because one player scoring 3 or more goals per game is so easy to do.

You blame the goalies, then say why didn't Hamel score 7 goals to tie it. Make up your mind.

'

I follow the Lake Erie Monsters..They are having a decent start, bunched with the rest of the Northern Division in a close race.. Jason Bachcashiua has been very good in goal..Because of Colorado call ups, there has not been a lot of offensive consistency so far..The point in saying all this is that It can be extremely hard to score goals, even at the AHL level..Yet "Warrior" expects the Phantoms to score 6 a game any time they want?..That is so goofy..

Frostbite Warrior 11-21-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timl2009 (Post 29067256)
'

I follow the Lake Erie Monsters..They are having a decent start, bunched with the rest of the Northern Division in a close race.. Jason Bachcashiua has been very good in goal..Because of Colorado call ups, there has not been a lot of offensive consistency so far..The point in saying all this is that It can be extremely hard to score goals, even at the AHL level..Yet "Warrior" expects the Phantoms to score 6 a game any time they want?..That is so goofy..

I do not expect the Phantoms to score 6 goals and i am saying is that when i used to go see the Adirondack Redwings they score 4 or 7 goals and then win and the Phantoms score 1 or 2 goals and lose a game like last night 1 goal and Nolfolk 3 see my point and if the Red Wings were plaing were playing Nolfolk it will be Red Wings 7 Nolfolk 2

RampageNate 11-21-2010 06:22 PM

There is no way this guy is not a gimmick.

GarbageGoal 11-22-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 29086353)
I do not expect the Phantoms to score 6 goals and i am saying is that when i used to go see the Adirondack Redwings they score 4 or 7 goals and then win and the Phantoms score 1 or 2 goals and lose a game like last night 1 goal and Nolfolk 3 see my point and if the Red Wings were plaing were playing Nolfolk it will be Red Wings 7 Nolfolk 2

I am intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Johnny8242 11-22-2010 01:36 PM

Eddy and Harper should average an assist a game so thats at least a goal per game. Hamel will still need 5 though.
:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.