HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: Jonathon Blum (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=840615)

Live Breathe Hockey 11-11-2010 01:45 PM

Jonathon Blum

Looking for an update on how blum is coming along and what his expectations are within the preds organization? I have him in a keeper league and I'm just curious on how he's been doing?

braindead 11-12-2010 10:19 PM

Regressed this year in camp. He didn't seem to have his head into it and didn't seem prepared. Drop him and pick up Roman Josi.

token grinder 11-13-2010 12:23 AM

nonsense. he 1) made it through camp and josi has proven to be anything but durable. 2) outplayed a majority of the vets in camp on their fat one way deals. 3) there is nothing to say his head wasn't in camp. just because a few random posters said that because he looked disinterested, doesn't mean he was. it is all interpretation. and the hype josi gets around here is stupid even by nazem kadri standards. i like the kid, but he has proven to be nothing but injury prone. we wanted to see him in the olympics. got hurt. wanted to see him in camp. got hurt. i'd like to see josi maintain success against ahl talent before thinking about what could be. blum plays on the pp, pk and logs heavy minutes and is a future top pair defenseman. slick skater who has awesome vision and will be a very good offensive player. if in the league now, i would think his rookie year could be like del zottos last year, just a bit more responsible. he has 50 point potential. don't drop him.

Seth Lake 11-13-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 28911606)
nonsense. he 1) made it through camp and josi has proven to be anything but durable. 2) outplayed a majority of the vets in camp on their fat one way deals. 3) there is nothing to say his head wasn't in camp. just because a few random posters said that because he looked disinterested, doesn't mean he was. it is all interpretation. and the hype josi gets around here is stupid even by nazem kadri standards. i like the kid, but he has proven to be nothing but injury prone. we wanted to see him in the olympics. got hurt. wanted to see him in camp. got hurt. i'd like to see josi maintain success against ahl talent before thinking about what could be. blum plays on the pp, pk and logs heavy minutes and is a future top pair defenseman. slick skater who has awesome vision and will be a very good offensive player. if in the league now, i would think his rookie year could be like del zottos last year, just a bit more responsible. he has 50 point potential. don't drop him.

Blum needs to continue getting BSF (Bigger, Stronger, Faster) and as you said Josi must prove he can stay durable.

FWIW, Milwaukee's top D pairing the past two weeks has been Blum - Josi...

token grinder 11-13-2010 02:54 AM

i know and agree on the bsf part.

i guess i am irritated at all the unfounded josi love. he could be a good player. he could also end up eurotrash d-man

glenngineer 11-13-2010 11:36 AM

Blum and Josi could look really nice as a second pair combo for us in a few years.

lightning_legwand* 11-13-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 28915186)
Blum and Josi could look really nice as a second pair combo for us in a few years.

:nod:

braindead 11-13-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 28911606)
nonsense. he 2) outplayed a majority of the vets in camp on their fat one way deals.

Sorry, I was talking about 2010 camp. I didn't know you missed it and saw 2008 and 2009. My bad.

trotzian brow 11-13-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 28919944)
Sorry, I was talking about 2010 camp. I didn't know you missed it and saw 2008 and 2009. My bad.

:laugh:

braindead 11-16-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 28912750)
i know and agree on the bsf part.

i guess i am irritated at all the unfounded josi love. he could be a good player. he could also end up eurotrash d-man

From the Ads thread:

Quote:

Coach Lambert said last week that pretty soon, fans are going to be seeing that Josi may be the most talented defenseman that we’ve had in Milwaukee. And that says A LOT, considering how many defenseman playing in Nashville have spent some time here.
Is it unfounded if it come from Lambert?

adsfan 11-17-2010 11:06 PM

My two cents on Josi. I have seen Josi play twice. He looks good. He is steady on defense and carries the puck up the ice like Bobby Orr. Once he gets used to his teammates, I expect that he will be even better. He hasn't reached Shea Weber status yet.

glenngineer 11-18-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 29017465)
My two cents on Josi. I have seen Josi play twice. He looks good. He is steady on defense and carries the puck up the ice like Bobby Orr. Once he gets used to his teammates, I expect that he will be even better. He hasn't reached Shea Weber status yet.

Love the analogy but isn't that a bit much? Orr may have been the greatest player to ever play the game and have the biggest impact at changing the game from the rear. If Josi is that good, he'd be playing in the NHL right now. Just saying.

OpenWheel 11-18-2010 07:52 PM

As Franson can draw comparisons to Bobby Orr I'm pretty sure it's ok for Josi. ;)

Karlssonlee 11-21-2010 10:32 AM

Josi > Blum

Josi is an amazing talent, will be a good NHLer.