HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rumor: Miro Satan? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=841745)

jmelm 11-14-2010 02:24 PM

Miro Satan?

I was watching the Oilers-Rangers game on Sportsnet and they said Miro Satan has 3 offers on the table right now and is in the process of deliberation.

They mentioned the Penguins as one team that might have interest, but this may have been pure speculation as opposed to being based on any legitimate info.

MetalheadPenguinsFan 11-14-2010 02:27 PM

We'll pass.

JordanStaal#1Fan 11-14-2010 02:28 PM

I hope we'll pass. It didn't work out the first time, why would it work now?

Neeeeaaaal 11-14-2010 02:33 PM

I'd take Miro back in a second if I didn't know for a fact that he'd probably be playing on the third and fourth lines for his entire tenure with us...

jmelm 11-14-2010 02:41 PM

As much as we would have reason to stay away from Miro, it's virtually impossible to imagine he'd be worse than Comrie or Rupp.

td_ice 11-14-2010 02:43 PM

It was weird to see how well he played for Boston in the playoffs.

He looked great for the B's. He played some inspired hockey. Something he didn't do for us.
If we could get that version, I would take him.

OnMyOwn 11-14-2010 02:52 PM

if db is benching comrie.... what the hell do you think he is going to do with satan?

db only thinks he needs to play guys with no skill but try hard, so any floater on this team is pretty much shooting their career in the face, no matter what kind of hands they have.

EdwardBlake 11-14-2010 02:53 PM

I do not think he could be any worse than Comrie. If we do pick him up I hope its for league minimum. And that is causes Comrie to be waived.

It would also depend on what Miro we get? Do we get the Miro that played for us before? Or do we get the Miro that played fairly well for Boston last season?

Lots of what ifs... Personally I would just not take him, waive Comrie, and fill the holes with farm players for the rest of the season with how the cap is currently.

But hey... Thats just my 2 cents.

Dan Barr 11-14-2010 03:05 PM

I've always liked the guy, but we all know there's no way Satan as a Penguin again could work out.

ColePens 11-14-2010 03:06 PM

I never have questioned Shero. Not a single time. If he signs Satan, I would immediately want him fired. That's such a waste.

EdwardBlake 11-14-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 28942672)
I never have questioned Shero. Not a single time. If he signs Satan, I would immediately want him fired. That's such a waste.

:laugh:

I wouldn't want his head. I would just email him saying not to drink on the job any more.

#66 11-14-2010 03:10 PM

Eh... I wouldn't be totally against it. I think he looked OK in his short stint playing for DB. I think most of his problem as a Pen was playing under MT's system. Under DB's more flowing system he didn't have to stop and start as much and looked pretty good during the cup run.

I would rather see the Pens get someone with some speed though.

OnMyOwn 11-14-2010 03:14 PM

thats db's philosophy... **** skill, i want SPEED. koltzov would be a top line player on this team, probably fata too, because thats just how db rolls.

i am, however, not advocating signing satan... just stating my obvious disliking of bylsma's coaching philosophy

Sideline 11-14-2010 03:19 PM

Miro was half way decent in the playoffs for us and down right good for Boston. If he came for the league minimum and Comrie is axed it's at worst a lateral move. But if we're looking to catch lightning in a bottle with a washed up scorer I'd go after the Kariya's and Forsberg's of the world first.

All that said I expect no more reclamation projects this year and if one did happen I don't expect anything to come of it other than 1000 posts proclaiming "Player X is in the best shape of his life" and "He took less to play with Crosby" followed by "****, even Guerin wasn't this usless."

FDBluth 11-14-2010 03:23 PM

Satan simply won't be that effective in a Bylsma-imposed system, much like Comrie isn't.

Captain Hook 11-14-2010 03:33 PM

This is Shero's solution to the winger problem? I'm sure Sid and Geno are thrilled. Wonder if they'll go after Guerin and Sykora if Satan goes elsewhere. :sarcasm:

#66 11-14-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fictionzero (Post 28942364)
I do not think he could be any worse than Comrie. If we do pick him up I hope its for league minimum. And that is causes Comrie to be waived.

It would also depend on what Miro we get? Do we get the Miro that played for us before? Or do we get the Miro that played fairly well for Boston last season?

Lots of what ifs... Personally I would just not take him, waive Comrie, and fill the holes with farm players for the rest of the season with how the cap is currently.

But hey... Thats just my 2 cents.

I don't think anyone could be worse than Comrie. I don't think I've hated a Penguin this much since TBo.

Dupree13 11-14-2010 03:58 PM

I'd give Jeffrey or Sterling a shot before I signed Satan.

DreamBeaut 11-14-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 28942672)

If a 500k signing that would replace Comrie makes you want to fire one of the best GM's in the business you need to rethink your approach.

WhatsaMaatta 11-14-2010 04:07 PM

He was great for Boston, but they're a completely different team and Satan was given a role more suited for him in the playoffs. . . He wouldn't be worth double dipping for.

JWells16 11-14-2010 04:18 PM

Are people forgetting that he was actually decent for us after Bylsma took over? He was also pretty good in Boston last year. The Comrie experiment failed. If signing Satan meant getting rid of Comrie, I wouldn't mind.

However, he would probably just get 4th line treatment anyway, so I don't see the point.

froods 11-14-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWells16 (Post 28944205)
Are people forgetting that he was actually decent for us after Bylsma took over? He was also pretty good in Boston last year. The Comrie experiment failed. If signing Satan meant getting rid of Comrie, I wouldn't mind.

However, he would probably just get 4th line treatment anyway, so I don't see the point.

No actually he wasn't....he scored a couple goals...but was a lazy piece of crap

clefty 11-14-2010 04:32 PM

I guess Satan's figured it out. It only takes half the effort to work half the season.

HuskerTornado 11-14-2010 04:33 PM

You guys are forgetting that the last time the Pens made a deal with Satan, they won the Stanley Cup :naughty:

:laugh: Really though, I'm not sure what to think of this, he was fair in the playoffs, but he's another year older...if only Jagr would have come back like he said he was going to...but nooooooooooooo

Pens17 11-14-2010 04:35 PM

We could bring Miro back as an enforcer and wave Eric Godard!