HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TSN Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=842171)

Player 61 11-15-2010 05:08 PM

TSN Habs
 
I just went through the pain staking process of switching from Videotron to Bell. they were ready to cut my bill by 40 percent, I told them it was futile, they have no plans on getting TSN Habs in the near future. The Bell deal since I'm on the internet & phone with them is half price for the same stations. Go for it guys! Bell is at war.. use it.

SB164 11-15-2010 05:14 PM

Is it really that bad watching it on RDS?

Player 61 11-15-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB164 (Post 28962425)
Is it really that bad watching it on RDS?

It's nice to have options.

Galchenyuk94 11-15-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Hab (Post 28962319)
I just went through the pain staking process of switching from Videotron to Bell. they were ready to cut my bill by 40 percent, I told them it was futile, they have no plans on getting TSN Habs in the near future. The Bell deal since I'm on the internet & phone with them is half price for the same stations. Go for it guys! Bell is at war.. use it.

Damn 40 percent.. really?

How did you go about it, you called them, said I want to cancel my services, and then they just offered you a crazy reduction?

Player 61 11-15-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardo (Post 28962503)
Damn 40 percent.. really?

How did you go about it, you called them, said I want to cancel my services, and then they just offered you a crazy reduction?

Just be professional, they switch you to a guy that asks you 20 questions. And they were going to throw in a free 2nd Ilico terminal.

LaurentHabs 11-15-2010 05:24 PM

Im fine with RDS. All i really wish is that somone posts the Habs tele-series on youtube :)

zzoo 11-15-2010 05:29 PM

Three weeks ago, I called Videotron to cancel my package (TV, Internet and home phone) to join Bell. Bell did offer a very nice package. I was then transferred to retention department where I'm offered 16% off on the monthly bill while doubling my Internet speed (from 7.5 to 15 Mbps). Then, I stay with Videotron. I like Videotron Internet speed much more than Bell.

GoodKiwi 11-15-2010 05:29 PM

I'm switching over to Bell in a month when I move. The only reason I'm still with Videotron is because my current building does not allow satellite dishes. My main reason for leaving Videotron is their lack of English programming in HD, but I have to admit that TSN-Habs was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Le Tricolore 11-15-2010 05:31 PM

The downside of switching to Bell is that you'd be using Bell.

Player 61 11-15-2010 05:35 PM

I told them I'm switching because they are not broadcasting TSN-Habs, they said, they are getting a lot of calls about that.

Smoke Monster 11-15-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Hab (Post 28962319)
I just went through the pain staking process of switching from Videotron to Bell. they were ready to cut my bill by 40 percent, I told them it was futile, they have no plans on getting TSN Habs in the near future. The Bell deal since I'm on the internet & phone with them is half price for the same stations. Go for it guys! Bell is at war.. use it.

I switched to bell from videotron last year. I haven't regreted it except the odd time when the station goes screwy because of the weather. With bell I get 3x's (digital essentials 150 for $56)) as many stations and I also have a certain degree of choice over stations. Videotron cost more for less stations (50 for $50) and you have no choice - half your stations are French and most of them you may not even watch. With bell I can try out or switch to new stations via the internet at any time for no extra cost.

I agree that videotron(extreme $60 100GB download/upload limit) has a faster internet connection than bell ($36 with 60Gb limit), but for what I need - daily browsing and email and the occasional download - I'm very happy with the speed for half the cost of what I was paying with videotron. Besides with videotron the extra speed was pointless when the bottleneck was your download limits or your hard drive space unless you do a great deal of multiplayer gaming.

I had to go through some customer service crap with foreigners who could not communicate when I tried to cancel some movie channels they were promoting free for two months and then automatically subscribed me to these channels when I told them I was not interested. But now that everything is settled I have no need to call customer service and avoid it like the plague. The only thing I still do I can do on my own by accessing my bell internet/tv account online to change stations with no need to go through any customer service crap.

jdmef8vtec* 11-15-2010 05:40 PM

Bell is great i use to love spending an hour on the phone calling Pakistan every time there's an issue, not to mention the slowest download/upload speed, and the weakest channel selection, if you have options anything is better then Bell.

Le Tricolore 11-15-2010 05:43 PM

How are Mike Johnson and...other guy doing anyway?

Player 61 11-15-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec (Post 28962820)
Bell is great i use to love spending an hour on the phone calling Pakistan every time there's an issue, not to mention the slowest download/upload speed, and the weakest channel selection, if you have options anything is better then Bell.

I think they might of changed business style, when I asked for English service I got a girl named Emily in Montreal. My internet hasn't been down ever in Lachine, so I don't have complaints.

GoodKiwi 11-15-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec (Post 28962820)
Bell is great i use to love spending an hour on the phone calling Pakistan every time there's an issue, not to mention the slowest download/upload speed, and the weakest channel selection, if you have options anything is better then Bell.

If you think Bell's channel selection is weak, you have never been with Videotron.

zzoo 11-15-2010 05:44 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm with Videotron and I have TSN, what do you mean by TSN Habs ? Is that a special channel dedicated to Habs ?

GoodKiwi 11-15-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 28962879)
Sorry for my ignorance, I'm with Videotron and I have TSN, what do you mean by TSN Habs ? Is that a special channel dedicated to Habs ?

http://tsn.ca/habs/

Galchenyuk94 11-15-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Hab (Post 28962545)
Just be professional, they switch you to a guy that asks you 20 questions. And they were going to throw in a free 2nd Ilico terminal.

Sweet. I'll try it out.

Also, what is this Canadiens tele-series people are talking about? Is it like a reality show? Or like a behind the scenes of off-ice training or something?

JackZap 11-15-2010 05:57 PM

maybe i should call Videotron and tell them i wanna switch just to get a rebate

Player 61 11-15-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackZap (Post 28963051)
maybe i should call Videotron and tell them i wanna switch just to get a rebate

Might try, If your read Saturday's Gazette, Bell has declared war on Videotron, good for customers.

Le Tricolore 11-15-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Hab (Post 28963081)
Might try, If your read Saturday's Gazette, Bell has declared war on Videotron, good for customers.

Link? :p

Player 61 11-15-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 28963222)
Link? :p

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...685/story.html

neofury* 11-15-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Hab (Post 28962443)
It's nice to have options.

Do you consider ****** internet a good option?

Don't get me wrong I hate Bell but even I know Expressvu > Illico... but they were willing to give you 40% off and believe me Videotron Internet is much greater than bells, much greater than how much Expressvu is compared to Illico.

And I even think Expressvu blows Illico out of the water but that's how much Videotron is better for internet when compared with Bell.

Then you deal with the customer service of either and you quickly realize one company (Bell) is just complete **** and undeserving of the business. I'll probably get Expressvu one day when I move into a house and I'll keep my internet with Videotron. If I could have ExpressVu I really would but I'd never allow Bell to rope me into losing Videotron for internet. I'm happy downloading at like 52mbit down / 2 mbit up and never lag ever :) No throttle no bs and best of all no **** service people.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to have TSN habs even though I have no qualms with RDS, I just find TSN is by far the most professional and has better analysis. Less homerism too though in more recent times I find they've looked at our team in a good light, at least during broadcasts. I know they still post some retarded stuff on their website though. Personally I can live with RDS though. To me it isn't worth losing such great internet service and customer service to get that much ****tier internet and customer service just to get 1 more channel. If it were even between not getting habs games and getting them I'd still choose the better internet and stream/go to bars/etc cause that's how bad Bell is for internet/customer service.

What people are saying about illico is 100% true, it's a piss poor service by comparison but one thing I will say is it's way more customizable. With Bell you're stuck taking a package most times just to get one channel you want. With illico there's less selection but say you only like 20 channels, you get the minimum package for cheap and you just take the 20 channels you want, since you still get non-digital cable you get all those channels too. It's very good value it's just not a very good service and I've heard their PVR's are crap while Bell's I know for a fact are decent.

And when you compare what you get from Bell you get a lot more channels and selection definitely but you're going to pay for that.

Worst thing you can do is get videotrons high up packages cause really then you might as well have Bell.

Player 61 11-15-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 28963409)
Do you consider ****** internet a good option?

Don't get me wrong I hate Bell but even I know Expressvu > Illico... but they were willing to give you 40% off and believe me Videotron Internet is much greater than bells, much greater than how much Expressvu is compared to Illico.

And I even think Expressvu blows Illico out of the water but that's how much Videotron is better for internet when compared with Bell.

Then you deal with the customer service of either and you quickly realize one company (Bell) is just complete **** and undeserving of the business. I'll probably get Expressvu one day when I move into a house and I'll keep my internet with Videotron. If I could have ExpressVu I really would but I'd never allow Bell to rope me into losing Videotron for internet. I'm happy downloading at like 52mbit down / 2 mbit up and never lag ever :) No throttle no bs and best of all no **** service people.

It's all fine and dandy, but as an Anglo, I just prefer it in English in my living room, it's my choice, that's all. We work in french, my living room is available in English, I don't see an issue.

overlords 11-15-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Hab (Post 28963460)
It's all fine and dandy, but as an Anglo, I just prefer it in English in my living room, it's my choice, that's all. We work in french, my living room is available in English, I don't see an issue.

I don't think he was picking at your choice, it's just that some of us are fed up with bell to the point that no deal would ever make us go back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.