HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Parse Out Thru Feb; King Recalled; Schenn sent back to LA (UPD: 11/28) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=842545)

DAkings20 11-16-2010 03:01 PM

Parse Out Thru Feb; King Recalled; Schenn sent back to LA (UPD: 11/28)

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/11/16...oves-injuries/

Oh yeah and Parse out till Feb.

Fat Elvis 11-16-2010 03:03 PM

Dwight King recalled, Parse to have surgery

Per Hammond;

Parse to have surgery on groin and Kings recall King.

DAkings20 11-16-2010 03:05 PM

Beat you too it;)

BigBrown 11-16-2010 03:09 PM

Regarding Schenn, I presume any games played in Manchester also counts towards the 10 game junior limit?

no name 11-16-2010 03:10 PM

Uh oh. Sad news about Parse. This was supposed to be his big chance.

riseandfall9 11-16-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 28984991)
Uh oh. Sad news about Parse. This was supposed to be his big chance.

I cant wait to see what King can do in the NHL. I always thought highly of him and I think hes going to pot some goals specially if he can play on the first line.

While I was following the AHL stats I saw that he was doing really well I wondered if he was going to get the call up as soon as injury's came up.

DAkings20 11-16-2010 03:16 PM

It was obvious Parse wasn't 100% atleast to me. His skating was off and he could't pass or receive a pass for ****.

DAkings20 11-16-2010 03:18 PM

The Schenn move is a little puzzling. I guess they want him to get some actual game action though.

jimmy1100 11-16-2010 03:20 PM

****!!! I wanted so badly for Parse to succeed! He carried the puck poorly two times on one of the 2nd period PPs last night, but I was pretty happy with how he was playing.

VERY interesting about Schenn...

My initial thoughts on the Schenn/King portion of the news was that they're giving King a cup of coffee and possibly sending Schenn to Manchester to get in playing shpe and possibly try him out at wing? Not saying it makes sense, that was just the first thought in my head.

KingsCast 11-16-2010 03:23 PM

Somebody with some good CBA knowledge needs to ring in here. I assume Schenn can only play in one more pro game but perhaps there's a loop hole?

Holden Caulfield 11-16-2010 03:25 PM

So this the lineup we are looking at?

Richardson - Kopitar - Brown
Smyth - Stoll - Williams
Clifford - Handzus - Simmonds
King - Lewis - Westgarth

Not happy that we are now down to 12 forwards garunteeing Westgarth dressing every game. At least I always previously had the hope he would not be dressed, no there is no hope.

Holden Caulfield 11-16-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsCast (Post 28985229)
Somebody with some good CBA knowledge needs to ring in here. I assume Schenn can only play in one more pro game but perhaps there's a loop hole?

I am not a CBA expert but I do know when junior aged players play full seasons in the AHL (ie Voynov, Bergfors, Tukonen) those years do not count towards their ELC. Not sure if this will apply in this instance.

BigBrown 11-16-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 28985325)
I am not a CBA expert but I do know when junior aged players play full seasons in the AHL (ie Voynov, Bergfors, Tukonen) those years do not count towards their ELC. Not sure if this will apply in this instance.

Those are European players, they have the option to go straight to the AHL.

Cook24 11-16-2010 03:34 PM

I know stats aren't everything, but pretty cool that Parse put up 4 points in 5 games with a bum groin. He was also a +5. And yes, I also realize he was playing with Kopitar/Brown, who were struggling before Parse came in the lineup. Can't wait to see what a healthy Parse will do.

Ollie Weeks 11-16-2010 03:38 PM

My guess: Schenn's here for the season, and this "conditioning assignment" lets him remain in Manchester for a maximum of 14 days. He'll likely stay there for the whole 2 weeks.

Now, depending on how many conditioning assignments an NHL player is permitted to be placed on (I couldn't find out anywhere online) during the course of a season, I suspect this is could be an attempt to get Schenn into the AHL on a part-time basis throughout the season. Perhaps they decided that him acquiring pro-experience now rather than later was worth burning a year of his contract?

Anyone wanna validate or tear this apart? Is there a CBA expert in the house?

Ollie Weeks 11-16-2010 03:40 PM

Poor Parse. Good luck to King.

BigBrown 11-16-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook24 (Post 28985436)
I know stats aren't everything, but pretty cool that Parse put up 4 points in 5 games with a bum groin. He was also a +5. And yes, I also realize he was playing with Kopitar/Brown, who were struggling before Parse came in the lineup. Can't wait to see what a healthy Parse will do.

I hate to point it out because it seems petty somehow, but personally I think he had very little to do with his point total. Basically a couple of secondary assists and a puck that went off his skate. He was just along for the ride.

I hope he can come back from surgery an improved player because what I saw wasn't nearly enough.

DAkings20 11-16-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Moses (Post 28985506)
My guess: Schenn's here for the season, and this "conditioning assignment" lets him remain in Manchester for a maximum of 14 days. He'll likely stay there or the whole 2 weeks.

Now, depending on how many conditioning assignments an NHL player is permitted to be placed on (I couldn't find out anywhere online) during the course of a season, I suspect this is could be an attempt to get Schenn into the AHL on a part-time basis throughout the season. Perhaps they decided that him acquiring pro-experience now rather than later was worth burning a year of his contract?

That could be. Maybe he goes on this one, then they call him up for a week or two till the WJC camp for Canada. They release him to play in the WJC then send him to the AHL for another conditioning assignment. Who knows at this point though.

tigermask48 11-16-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook24 (Post 28985436)

This is what gets me those two were both in ruts and the one change that was made was Parse... Sucks for Parse though, it should be no secret around here that I'm a huge fan of his and have been since college.

jimmy1100 11-16-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Moses (Post 28985506)

Neither here, but somebody mentioned that it's convenient that we're headed on an East coast trip. I wonder if DL plans to pick up Schenn and have him playing NHL games while we're back East?

Cook24 11-16-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 28985551)
I hate to point it out because it seems petty somehow, but personally I think he had very little to do with his point total. Basically a couple of secondary assists and a puck that went off his skate. He was just along for the ride.

I hope he can come back from surgery an improved player because what I saw wasn't nearly enough.

He is usually in the right places at the right time. That has to count for something. His backchecking improved a lot. He has an amazing shot too. If his skating is 100%, I really think he'll flourish.

DeeMeck 11-16-2010 03:49 PM

All I really meant is that if we needed Schenn and we were on a homestand he doesn't have to fly acorss the country. They can send him to Manchester to get some work...and if someone gets hurt on the trip...he is a cab ride away.

Johnny Utah 11-16-2010 03:54 PM

In regards to not having enough forwards, well like someone else said, we are heading to Buffalo, so we will be close to Manchester....

I would think with Poni and Parse out maybe a scorer like Azevedo, Holloway, Moller, Meckler or Kozun would get a shot. But looking at the Monarchs stats, King has the most points.

Edit, Moller has 1 goal in 9 games? Ouch.

JDM 11-16-2010 04:40 PM

King is a big ass mutha ****a!

JT Dutch* 11-16-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 28985551)

... Since when do we judge goals? Might as well nix about 400 of Robitaille's goals if you're gonna do that. A goal's a goal.