HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Richards calls out Subban (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=842895)

MrHockey1982 11-17-2010 12:58 PM

Richards calls out Subban
 
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341621#YourCallTop

Boy oh boy is this rivalry heating up!!!!

DrinkFightFlyers 11-17-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 29002206)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341621#YourCallTop

Boy oh boy is this rivalry heating up!!!!

Nice. I hope someone gives it to him on Monday. Also sick tattoo in your avatar. I'm waiting for the Flyers to win the Cup before I get one.

MsWoof 11-17-2010 01:08 PM

The audio clip was just on the fan in Toronto a while ago so it's making it's way around. A guy called in to the hockey show and tried to rip Richards because he's young but both Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean said Richards is tough and backs up his words. Pretty awesome! Also you have to figure Subban is a mouthpiece, Cherry said the same thing about him a few weeks ago and said he needed to shut up before an oldert player pounds him.

PhillyFan4Ever 11-17-2010 01:09 PM

doubt its a rivalry at all concerning Suckban. i mean even crosby is calling this guy out.( thought id never see the day i agreed with anything cindy says) that being said, hes gonna get his if his captain doesnt jerk his leash a little

Cartsiephan* 11-17-2010 01:16 PM

Kid needs a good a$$whooping.

GoneFullHextall 11-17-2010 01:18 PM

hes a little punk anyway

CS 11-17-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woof (Post 29002395)
The audio clip was just on the fan in Toronto a while ago so it's making it's way around. A guy called in to the hockey show and tried to rip Richards because he's young but both Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean said Richards is tough and backs up his words. Pretty awesome! Also you have to figure Subban is a mouthpiece, Cherry said the same thing about him a few weeks ago and said he needed to shut up before an oldert player pounds him.

It's kind of true though. You saw how O'Donnell handled him.

Subban seems to act and talk like he's a top notch defenseman already. He's definitely not.

MrHockey1982 11-17-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 29002322)
Nice. I hope someone gives it to him on Monday. Also sick tattoo in your avatar. I'm waiting for the Flyers to win the Cup before I get one.


Thanks man. Why wait? You can always add the cup later if they win! I am considering doing that as well...

MrHockey1982 11-17-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever (Post 29002423)
doubt its a rivalry at all concerning Suckban. i mean even crosby is calling this guy out.( thought id never see the day i agreed with anything cindy says) that being said, hes gonna get his if his captain doesnt jerk his leash a little


Did you watch the game yesterday? This is absolutely turning into a rivalry. It's the same way that the pens turned into our main rivals. We beat the habs twice in the playoffs the last 3 years. Monday will be AWESOME!!!

DrHamburg 11-17-2010 01:23 PM

If Crosby and Richards agree it must be true.

Terence Peterman 11-17-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Richards
because, uh, I'm not saying I'm going to do it but something might happen to him of he continues to be that cocky.

Awesome.

Jigger77 11-17-2010 01:28 PM

Pk's response in case anyone is interested (from the post-game interviews)

"Richards is a great player and I have tons of respect for him".



Better luck on Monday guys.

Valhoun* 11-17-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHamburg (Post 29002643)
If Crosby and Richards agree it must be true.

Haha, this is very true.

Larry44 11-17-2010 01:30 PM

Richards should have just kept his mouth shut and boothed him on Monday.

MrHockey1982 11-17-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 29002728)
Pk's response in case anyone is interested (from the post-game interviews)

"Richards is a great player and I have tons of respect for him".



Better luck on Monday guys.


Clearly he acts and talk differently on the ice.

coolasprICE 11-17-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 29002788)
Clearly he acts and talk differently on the ice.

such a bold statement ... i would imagine the same applies to 99.8 % of all players

Clipitar 11-17-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 29002590)
It's kind of true though. You saw how O'Donnell handled him.

Subban seems to act and talk like he's a top notch defenseman already. He's definitely not.

By "handling" do you mean coming from behind and grab his head quite dangerously to push him down?

Subban will annoy other teams' key players, it's part of his game (e.g., Crosby & Richards). If opponents focus on him, they get distracted, and that will end up helping Habs putting more W's into the bank.

The best way to "handle" Subban is not focusing on him to pound him up, it will be to simply trying to take advantage of his defensive lapses and focus on the rest of the team's play.

GoneFullHextall 11-17-2010 01:35 PM

is it that boring over on the Habs board that they have to stay over here?

CharlieGirl 11-17-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHamburg (Post 29002643)
If Crosby and Richards agree it must be true.

Good point. Either that or the world just ended.

Subban is a punk. Although I've never been a fan of puckhogs and hotdogs, he is a talented punk.

Off the ice, he's apparently a great kid. On the ice, it's another story entirely.

CS 11-17-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipitar (Post 29002818)
By "handling" do you mean coming from behind and grab his head quite dangerously to push him down?

Yes, I do mean that, and regardless of whether it was "fair" or a "cheap shot" or whatever you want to call it, Subban's going to get more and more attention from veteran guys who just won't put up with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipitar (Post 29002818)
Subban will annoy other teams' key players, it's part of his game (e.g., Crosby & Richards). If opponents focus on him, they get distracted, and that will end up helping Habs putting more W's into the bank.

The best way to "handle" Subban is not focusing on him to pound him up, it will be to simply trying to take advantage of his defensive lapses and focus on the rest of the team's play.

The Flyers did that as evidenced by their shot total. Subban played okay, but certainly wasn't great.

All this nonsense that Subban and Richards are creating is taking away from the one who really deserved attention after that game; Carey Price.

Haute Couturier 11-17-2010 01:37 PM

Meh. I'd love to have him on this team. He was taken two spots after the Flyers took Marshall. :cry:

Jigger77 11-17-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 29002788)
Clearly he acts and talk differently on the ice.

Key words, on the ice.

I can see why PK would piss people off, but calling him out to the media like that isn't the way I'd go about it myself. That's just me though.

Should be fun game on Monday. Nice to see this to be honest it's great for hockey.

CharlieGirl 11-17-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertine (Post 29002886)
Meh. I'd love to have him on this team. He was taken two spots after the Flyers took Marshall. :cry:

Honestly, he'd never survive in Lavi's "team-first" system.

CS 11-17-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 29002891)
Key words, on the ice.

I can see why PK would piss people off, but calling him out to the media like that isn't the way I'd go about it myself. That's just me though.

Should be fun game on Monday. Nice to see this to be honest it's great for hockey.

Richards was asked about Subban. It's not like he went to the media and said, "Here. Jot this down."

Honestly, Subban is the one who is handling himself incorrectly. He's a finesse player acting tough in a league where he isn't anywhere near the toughest. There's going to be some guys going after him if he continues to act like he does.

It's just the way the NHL works. It'd be better if he quieted down a tad. He can still be outspoken but make sure he's doing it the right way.

GoneFullHextall 11-17-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 29002905)
Honestly, he'd never survive in Lavi's "team-first" system.


exactly. he would be watching from the pressbox drinking whatever the hell it is he drinks watching team hockey.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.