HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How many of you have chosen Scott Gomez in your pool this year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=843429)

LastChancePrice 11-18-2010 04:03 PM

How many of you have chosen Scott Gomez in your pool this year?

Just wondering if any of you have choose Scott Gomez any any of your pool this season. I wonder how much of you were having a lot of faith in him and tough he would bounce back for his last year performance by playing the same level he was playing in his last 40 games last season?

In one of my pool this season, i have to admit i nearly choose him as my last forward pick, but decide at last second to finally choose Plekanec, because i tough he would be a very good 70 point player go get in my last round.

So any of you hve choose him at the beginning of their pool? ( pretty sure you would have dump him by now...eh )

BLONG7 11-18-2010 04:42 PM

I am in a pool where I chose him and Pleks.....I really thought after the good playoff Gomez had, he would have a 60-70 pt regular season.....unless he gets hot, he will be hard pressed to get to 50 pts...:shakehead

Glad I picked Pleks though, he might be an 80 pt guy this year!

le_sean 11-18-2010 04:43 PM

I hate picking Habs in my pool because they always end up disappointing me. Not only would I get mad if they lose, I would get mad that the player got me no points. The only Hab I took is Markov in two pools and look how that turned out.

habitants9_4 11-18-2010 04:50 PM

i dropped him and that night he scored...and played well...I have Markov on the IR...and first year I don't pick Price or Kostitsyn....Im gonna keep them off my team from now on.

Theosis 11-18-2010 04:52 PM

Yeah... the players I choose for my pools never seem to do well. The ones I don't have in my pool this year are doing great... Maybe I shouldn't pick any Habs for my pool at all from now on.

tiersen24 11-18-2010 06:14 PM

I have Plek, Cam and decided to go with Gomez as my last pick ! I thought he would be good for 50-60 points this year but it looks bad right now....

At least, Plek is producing and Cammy is doing ok...

I always like to pick Mtl players in my pool, it brings a bit more fun when you are watching the games ! :handclap:

CHCl3 11-18-2010 06:22 PM

Even when he's on the top of his form, Gomez' style isn't really suited to pool hockey anyway. His strengths (especially moving the puck quickly) don't translate well in fantasy points, unless his wingers are able finish his plays (and even then, assists bring less points than goals).

Garry Valk 11-18-2010 06:50 PM

Still got Gomer...he'll turn it around.

Turboflex* 11-18-2010 06:52 PM

I chose Gomez in a late round. I thought he would put up a 60-70 in a rebound season... I guess 50 is still achievable...

Vicious 11-18-2010 06:53 PM

Not me... only because someone took him 2 picks before I could.

I got Cammy (round 3, 53rd overall), Markov (round 6, 81st overall) and Price (round 7 88th overall) in the draft (14 teams, 19 rounds). Ended up with Gionta in a trade two weeks ago for Rich Peverley.

It's too many players from one team for sure but so far so good.

habspinner 11-18-2010 07:02 PM

I would have taken him if I had a deep pool. He had a good enough last part of the season and decent playoffs. This season he's a black-hole.

Joey 11-18-2010 07:22 PM

I chose Toews over Cammalleri this year but I also chose Paul Martin over PK Subban. The draft was held 2 weeks into the season and Martin was racking them up, I thought with Crosby/Malkin he could keep it up. So far, not the case

Crimson Skorpion 11-18-2010 07:23 PM

I have Plecky, Andrei K. and Price in my pool.

Coldplay 11-18-2010 08:15 PM

Is this the Gomez bash thread numero deux? :sarcasm:

wedge 11-18-2010 09:51 PM

c'mon. Gomez is a late starter.

It's just that as he gets older, he wakes up later and later.

Last year it took him what... 30 games to wake up? This year it'll be more. Next year even more, etc...

seriously, I'm really disapointed as I expected more from him. If at least he was creating things like last year.

JGRB 11-18-2010 09:54 PM

I expected a huge year from Gomez.

I really believed he'd get back to form a post a close to 70 point season for us based on how he played in the playoffs and he seemed to be working hard in the off-season. He's a been an epic-disappointment for me this season.

Really down on him.

Stradale 11-19-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge (Post 29039654)
c'mon. Gomez is a late starter.

It's just that as he gets older, he wakes up later and later.

Last year it took him what... 30 games to wake up? This year it'll be more. Next year even more, etc...

seriously, I'm really disapointed as I expected more from him. If at least he was creating things like last year.

And we should accept that? What a lame excuse.

People that hated Kovalev always says that he only plays 1 game out of 3.

But for Gomez, its okay for him to rest the first 30 games of the season and watch his teammates work for him? And its not guarantee that he will be good at all the 50 remaining games either.

He's lucky that Plekanec is a real professional and saving his ass. Plekanec, unlike Gomez, is working HARD since the very first game of the preseason until now, and that after signing his big contract.

Without Plekanec, AK wouldn't be as good, Cammalleri wouldn't be as good, Gionta would never be out of his slump and the team would suck.

Ginu 11-19-2010 12:15 AM

I didn't because I knew he'd be a FA come January. He's usually close to a PPG January onwards. Check his stats over the last few years.

Rbk 11-19-2010 12:15 AM

nope i took benny pou pou, carey price, pk subban and andrei kostitsyn

Captain Smurf 11-19-2010 01:28 AM

No, I want to win my pool and there were tons of better centers available.

LyricalLyricist 11-19-2010 02:14 AM

I took Price in my pool, that's the only habs player.

neofury* 11-19-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 29042654)
I took Price in my pool, that's the only habs player.

Same :) Had Bryzgalov played like he normally does I'd have 2 solid goalies in terms of pool points. Hopefully Ilya turns it around :(

Blind Gardien 11-19-2010 08:23 AM

Well, I actually drafted Gomez in my keeper league back in 1998, and somehow he's managed to stick on my team ever since. He certainly contributed to a few Cup wins for me in the Devils years when I had him and Brodeur and Niedermayer in my core. Then his contract became kinda untradeable since, except we go on annual salaries and not cap hits so I've been patiently waiting for the "cheap years" at the end...

:(

DDs not undersized 11-19-2010 10:08 AM

I'm in 4 different pools and the only Habs player I got in one of these pools is... Gomez! :rant:

Perrah 11-19-2010 10:21 AM

I got him in one of my pools but he was my 12 or 13th round pick in a max game league. Suffice to say he rots on my bench. Price has been earning me some serious points though. Hooray for keeper leagues.