HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NHL Draft - Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LW Dmitrij Jaskin (2011, 41st overall, St. Louis) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=844231)

OracularSpectacular 11-20-2010 11:05 PM

LW Dmitrij Jaskin (2011, 41st overall, St. Louis)
 
Who is this guy? I see him in the 1st round of a lot of Mock Drafts. Is there a certain NHL player he compares too?

vorky 11-21-2010 03:36 AM

He is playing for Slavia Prag in senior league. He is no.1 Draft pick 2010 in KHL (selected by Sibir). Sibir did nice job by picking him :handclap:

Tiranis 11-21-2010 04:32 AM

Let's see:

- Playing in the top (men's) league in Czech Republic
- Third highest scorer on his team
- Has made tremendous strides over the course of last 8-10 months
- Good hockey sense, good puckhandling, good vision (doesn't excell at any of these other than being very strong on the puck — hard to move off it)
- Big body, plays physical, competes hard
- Defensively responsible

Not going to bother comparing him as I haven't seen him nearly enough. And as was already mentioned, he was the top pick for the KHL draft so the NHL scouts aren't the only ones that see something in him.

zorz 11-21-2010 04:32 AM

Im not sure who to compare him to precisely. But I would explain him as very strong and steady guy, whos great along the boards and goes to dirty areas but above all is scorer with good finish and is very competitive guy.

Tiranis 11-21-2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 29085647)
Im not sure who to compare him to precisely. But I would explain him as very strong and steady guy, whos great along the boards and goes to dirty areas but above all is scorer with good finish and is very competitive guy.

Sounds like we agree on everything. :handclap: I think whoever picks him is going to be very happy, especially if it's in the late first.

---

Also, his father Alexej Jaskin was a good defender in the Russian and then in the Czech league.

zorz 11-21-2010 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 29085677)
Sounds like we agree on everything. :handclap: I think whoever picks him is going to be very happy, especially if it's in the late first.

---

Also, his father Alexej Jaskin was a good defender in the Russian and then in the Czech league.

True :yo: good thing we posted it in the same minute... proves we didnt copy each other :laugh:

AwesomePanthers 11-21-2010 09:06 AM

I know he was drafted 1st overall in the KHL import draft this summer.

wej20 11-21-2010 11:36 AM

I've heard he's a good skater with a good shot.

cibtom 11-22-2010 07:15 AM

Unfortunetly, he's been injured since yesterday and it looks serious :(

Tiranis 11-22-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cibtom (Post 29103724)
Unfortunetly, he's been injured since yesterday and it looks serious :(

It's serious, but not THAT serious. According to an interview he'll be out for about a month so things could be a lot worse. :)

McOilbleeder 11-22-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 29085647)
Im not sure who to compare him to precisely. But I would explain him as very strong and steady guy, whos great along the boards and goes to dirty areas but above all is scorer with good finish and is very competitive guy.

Maybe compare him to Dustin Brown from the Kings?

Swipes 11-24-2010 05:06 PM

I'm not sure about his, but somewhere in an HF article I read that he plays a similar style to Jagr. He is definitely promising though, and hopefully he will make the WJC, because if he doesn't it will be a big loss.

Czechexpert 11-25-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swipes (Post 29151027)
I'm not sure about his, but somewhere in an HF article I read that he plays a similar style to Jagr. He is definitely promising though, and hopefully he will make the WJC, because if he doesn't it will be a big loss.

I would compare him to Milan Michalek.
He wont make the World juniors for sure due to injury.

gsharpe 11-25-2010 10:44 AM

It sounds like he plays like Hossa. Big and strong on the puck. Almost impossible to move off it.

Obviously Hossa is great at everything else as opposed to just good at everything else.

zorz 11-27-2010 06:28 AM

November Red Line Report has Jaskin among their rising players: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...e-report_N.htm

Quote:

"Every time we see him he just fills the net. And he hasn't even filled out his huge frame yet, so there's a boatload of upside still waiting to be tapped."
Nice!

alex20wild 12-10-2010 11:17 PM

this guy sounds great, im running a prospect/draft preview website and i needed to look into this guy. thanks for your info

xa123 12-11-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czechexpert (Post 29165394)
I would compare him to Milan Michalek.
He wont make the World juniors for sure due to injury.

Is he missing the tournament 100% sure? And would he have been a lock to make the team?

I would've loved to see more about this kid

zorz 12-11-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xa123 (Post 29492681)
Is he missing the tournament 100% sure? And would he have been a lock to make the team?

I would've loved to see more about this kid

1) Yes, he is.
2) Im pretty sure he would be a lock... last month he came to play his first game with U20 against Russia B squad and he scored a hattrick and was the best player on the ice.

zorz 12-11-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xa123 (Post 29492681)
Is he missing the tournament 100% sure? And would he have been a lock to make the team?

I would've loved to see more about this kid

If you are really interested I found link on that game I mentioned (but Im not sure if it works in NA): http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilan...7129249-hokej/. He was number 20 (http://www.hokej.cz/files/clanky/201...cze_rus_20.pdf).

Tormentor 12-11-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 29494263)
If you are really interested I found link on that game I mentioned (but Im not sure if it works in NA): http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilan...7129249-hokej/.

Thanks for the link. I uploaded his goals to Youtube:


zorz 12-11-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormentor (Post 29498648)
Thanks for the link. I uploaded his goals to Youtube:


Great work by you :handclap:

smitty10 12-12-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormentor (Post 29498648)
Thanks for the link. I uploaded his goals to Youtube:


This kid looks studly out there. He looks like the real deal. It's unfortunate that he will be missing the WJC. He could have been the next Niederreiter.

0123456789* 12-27-2010 08:10 AM

He now is listed as 189cm(6'2.5) 90kg(200LBS), has grown allot over the last year or so and really filled out. His older brother Mikhail Jaskin is 19 and 195cm(6'4.77) and 98kg (216lbs). Dmitrij is still 17 and will still add some size, 90% of brothers usually end up within 2-3cm or less difference. Given his late growth spurt and all the other factors I would say Dmitrij will be pretty close to his brothers 195cm when all is said and done. Its pretty unlikely that he grows more than that but its also not impossible, in any case 6'3 or close to 6'4 with his style of play the potential can be sky high.

It will be interesting what happens with him because he could be the steal of the draft, especially do to his late climb and exposure and his current injury that took him out of the WJC where I really think he would have really made everyone notice as he would have been dominant imo.

Its great to see a kid like him take his game to such a higher level in a short period of time. Hope he gets back from his injury quick and takes the time to regroup and rest.

0123456789* 01-24-2011 06:12 PM

He returned from his injury over the weekend and played in Slavias two games in the extra league over the weekend. By all accounts he looked good in those games.

TheNudge 03-08-2011 07:13 PM

Dmitri Jaskin
 
I want to know more about thise kid. I believe he might have all the tool to be a great power foward. Will he be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Late or early in the 1st or 2nd?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.