HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anybody here watching Battle of the Blades on CBC? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=844560)

Darth Joker 11-21-2010 07:11 PM

Anybody here watching Battle of the Blades on CBC?

I was only mildly interested in figure skating before this show came on the air, but I have to admit that the premise of watching some prominent NHLers go figure skating with female stars intrigued me.

What I have found while watching the show is that my Habs fandom has naturally carried over to it, with me routing for Claude Lemieux and Stephane Richer during the first season, and with me now routing for Patrice Brisebois and Valeri Bure. Of course, only one pair can win it all, but I have to admit that the Habs fan in me wants to see a former Hab win these excellent figure skating competitions.

Just curious if any other Habs fan here has had the same experience with this new hit CBC show.

Born in 1909 11-21-2010 07:19 PM

Aside from the incredible athleticism, the best thing about figure skating is how beautiful the women are :amazed:

Their husbands are very lucky guys :)

Battle of the Blades definitely works as a show.

It would be cool to see active Habs on there, though (obviously not possible)

Ex. Subban, MaxPac or Pleks

Darth Joker 11-21-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born in 1909 (Post 29096814)
Aside from the incredible athleticism, the best thing about figure skating is how beautiful the women are :amazed:

Their husbands are very lucky guys :)

Battle of the Blades definitely works as a show.

It would be cool to see active Habs on there, though (obviously not possible)

Ex. Subban, MaxPac or Pleks

I totally agree with you. The ladies on this show are truly beautiful.

And yeah, PK would be awesome in a competition like this.

This has definitely become my favorite CBC show after hockey broadcasts.

Born in 1909 11-21-2010 07:34 PM

Respect to Brisebois

Athletic
Determined
Fearless
Committed

Its shameful that Hab "fans" ever booed him so mercilessly.

.... or should I say "gutless bast**ds" :)

Sebaldian 11-21-2010 07:35 PM

what is this I don't even

sammy d 11-21-2010 07:49 PM

I refuse to lower my IQ that many points to watch any reality type show.

Habs 11-21-2010 07:50 PM

Never even a 30 second glance at this show.

Born in 1909 11-21-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 29097413)
Never even a 30 second glance at this show.

Your loss, man :)

sheed36 11-21-2010 08:22 PM

I'll admit that I watch it from time to time.. It must be real tough for the hockey players to learn how to figure skate in such a short period of time.. Although it can't be all bad when you're lifting and grabbing these ladies in some interesting places.. :naughty:

Rbk 11-21-2010 08:24 PM

good job breezer! good season

Sebaldian 11-21-2010 08:25 PM

If someone asked me if I'd rather be steady punched in the groin for an hour or watch an episode of this program, I'd have a hard time choosing.

sheed36 11-21-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbk (Post 29098099)
good job breezer! good season

I think breezer might be a better figure skater than what he was a hockey player... Dude even looks like a figure skater..

Sined 11-21-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 29099478)
you were one of those stupid fans booing him I guess.

Looking like a figure skater could be a compliment to a man confident with his sexuality.
No need to be homophobic.

googlymoogly 11-21-2010 09:28 PM

I'll watch it when Hal Gill becomes a figure skater:laugh: That will be miraculous.

sheed36 11-21-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 29099778)
Brisebois was a good hockey player. He was a great guy who wanted to play here. He won a cup here. I dont like when people like you dont show respect to Brisebois.

Where did I say that Brisebois was a bad player? I just said he was probably a better figure skater than what he was a hockey player meaning he is doing great as a figure skater and looking good..

No where did I say that Breezer was a bad hockey player.. You just assumed that's what I meant from reading my post..

Darth Joker 11-21-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born in 1909 (Post 29097107)
Respect to Brisebois

Athletic
Determined
Fearless
Committed

Its shameful that Hab "fans" ever booed him so mercilessly.

.... or should I say "gutless bast**ds" :)

Agreed. I'd love to see Brisebois win this year's Battle of the Blades to make up for (a little bit at least) all the crap he had to put up with here. I did notice one fan in the stands during tonight's show holding a placard cheering Brisebois and with a Habs logo on it. That was great to see!

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlymoogly (Post 29099671)
I'll watch it when Hal Gill becomes a figure skater:laugh: That will be miraculous.

lol :laugh: Well, you never know. Laraque actually did it, which amazed me.

Anyway, I knew that some here really aren't into figure skating, but I just felt that people here should know what a lot of former Habs are up to. IIRC, 5 of the 8 starting competitors for this year's Battle of the Blades were former/retired Habs.

Habs 11-22-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born in 1909 (Post 29097653)
Your loss, man :)

I only have time to watch The Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire on the PVR, I don't watch any other tv programming but the Habs and the above.