HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Speculation: Ottawa Scouting Columbus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=844994)

Karlssonlee 11-22-2010 10:56 PM

Ottawa Scouting Columbus

http://twitter.com/aportzline

According to Portzline, Our head scout director has been spotted at your games.

"Ottawa has 2 scouts in Nationwide Arena again. Nick Polano has been here most nights; now Pierre Dorion, dir of player personel, joins him"

Any insight as to who you guys might be looking at?
or
Who might be available on your team?

Gulvorn 11-22-2010 11:08 PM

Available? I'll just put up people I could see traded but doesn't mean it would actually happen. Anyone not on the list is currently not on the table for discussion.

Commodore
Tyutin
Strahlman
Huselius
Filatov
Murray
Boll
Blunden
Sestito
Clitsome
Guenin
Holden
Mayorov

And then any pending UFAs that Howson doesn't expect to be able to resign (a deal that could come up later in the year)

Hejda
Clark
Moreau
Garon

And of course it depends on the position we would be looking for. If it is say Spezza, then Pahlsson would easily be tradable or maybe Vermette.

Renion 11-22-2010 11:11 PM

He was scratched tonight, but hasn't Ottawa had interest in Russell in the past? (Hard to remember what was an unfounded rumor and what wasn't.) Tyutin has struggled to be effective this season, but he showed signs in San Jose that he might be turning the corner.

When/if our club gets healthy, there might be more players available. Maybe Boll, Murray.

Afraid I haven't caught any Ottawa games this season, so I'm not sure who's available or of interest on the club, outside of the usual suspects. Maybe the Jackets would be interested in someone who can help on the PP in, well, any fashion--a Holmstrom or a shooter from the point. Have any of those?

Ludicrous Speed 11-22-2010 11:15 PM

Kuba or Campoli seem possible.

ben3001 11-22-2010 11:20 PM

How would Columbus fans feel about :

Campoli + 2nd
or
Foligno + Lee

for

Filatov

?

DJB 11-22-2010 11:21 PM

For Columbus fans, according to some, Foligno and Lee are being shopped around. Teams have called about Campoli as well apparently...

Not really sure how these two teams are going to be making a deal unless it's a minor one...

Ludicrous Speed 11-22-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben3001 (Post 29125237)
How would Columbus fans feel about :

Campoli + 2nd
or
Foligno + Lee

for

Filatov

?

1. Campoli for Filatov is terrible value, the 2nd doesn't make up for it.

2. No offense, but I've never thought Foligno is good at all. Every time I see him play I wonder why he's even in the NHL. As far as Lee goes, I'm not sure if he would even crack our roster.

Big no thanks.

Robert 11-22-2010 11:31 PM

Man, is this what a four game run and the best on the road ends up being? Vultures?

Ask about Stralman and we will listen....

georgiabluejacket 11-22-2010 11:35 PM

Kind of weird you posted this today, because as I was driving in to work I was thinking who could the Jackets go out and get so they could do some damage in the playoffs and Spezza came immediately to mind

punk_o_holic 11-23-2010 01:11 AM

I would have suggested Kuba but he makes and has a cap hit of $3.7 mil. Seems like to much.

What about

Stralman ($1.95)
for
Campoli ($1.4)

Seems like a lateral move. Perhaps a change of scenery might help them out.

Highly unlikely by both teams....

Russell and Filatov
for
Karlsson and ?

Blue Jackets fan, does Karlsson=Filatov in a trade? Is Karlsson any better then Russell?
Karlsson stats 20 games, 4 goals and 7 assists for a total of 11 points. He is a minus 5 with 2 power play goals.

TheHMan 11-23-2010 03:59 AM

Karlsson is practically untouchable. Guys who are also unlikely to be dealt are Spezza, Alfredsson, Gonchar, Phillips, and possibly Regin.

It's a puzzling situation, and I honestly don't see Ottawa and Columbus making a big trade. If you want to get an idea of what might be going down, it's probably all small pieces if you ask me.

Campoli, Lee, Kuba, Hale, Winchester, Shannon, Foligno, and picks are probably what's at play from Ottawa's side. Kuba and Foligno are probably the best of the bunch.

mt-svk 11-23-2010 06:45 AM

Ottawa has not interesting players for us. Respective, players for trade becuase interesting are untouchable.

To Karlsson. We have young talented defensmen in Falcons, they will play next season here- I mean Moore, Savard and Goloubef. We need not Karlsson.

To Filatov. A logic is similar as Tampa would trade Stamkos after his 1/2 his first season. Nikita showed his potential and we would be stupid to trade him.

General Jacket70 11-23-2010 07:27 AM

I think I saw that Ottawa scout put his head down and cry every time Vermette took a shift . . . .:naughty:

Gagnefan924 11-23-2010 08:06 AM

Karlsson is an amazing player and has a very bright future ahead of him but I dont think we trade Nikki right now or at all for that matter. Ottawa probably isnt going to trade Karlsson but the value looks pretty fair with Ottawa may feel a little jipped bc Nikki hasnt scored yet.

megashock5 11-23-2010 08:44 AM

Man, I'd really hate to see Nik traded at this point. Last night he showed flashes of brilliance and he's been steadily improving all season.

Who knows what will happen, but the potential is there for him to be truly great.

cbjgirl 11-23-2010 09:17 AM

If everyone is healthy, we have too many forwards and would likely lose someone - Wilson, or MacKenzie (most likely guys) to waivers.

We probably won't take on salary and we don't really have room at the NHL level.

What is the goal this season? The TEAM is looking pretty good. Who do you ship out (and hope it doesn't ruin the chemistry)?

I do recognize that individual pieces could be improved. But how the pieces fit together is just as important.

blahblah 11-23-2010 09:54 AM

It would be interesting if they were looking at Russ again. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him.

CBJSprague24 11-23-2010 09:57 AM

What could we get out of trading someone out of the glut of bottom-6 forwards the team has?

I'm not really for trading anyone at this point seeing how well the team is playing, but when everyone's healthy, you've got the following for six spots:
-Umberger
-Moreau
-Pahlsson
-Dorsett
-Boll
-Murray
-Clark
-MacKenzie
-Wilson

Monk 11-23-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 (Post 29129217)
What could we get out of trading someone out of the glut of bottom-6 forwards the team has?

I'm not really for trading anyone at this point seeing how well the team is playing, but when everyone's healthy, you've got the following for six spots:
-Umberger
-Moreau
-Pahlsson
-Dorsett
-Boll
-Murray
-Clark
-MacKenzie
-Wilson

That's surprisingly difficult. I feel like Boll and Murray have become the odd men out, but Murray could easily prove himself with a few more games. I don't want to say either MacKenzie or Wilson because I like them so much, but it may just have to be one/both of them, too. Yay for good problems!

blahblah 11-23-2010 10:25 AM

Our interest is in the bottom six? Low bar.

TaketheCannoli 11-23-2010 10:38 AM

Knowing the great and powerful Howz, it's probably something like Blunden, Mayorov or Sestito for a 4th round pick or an AHL prospect.

hip check 11-23-2010 10:54 AM

My guess is that nothing will come of it. If something does, probably just small pieces. That said, I think the two most important pieces the team should go towards would be: a shot from the point and more skating speed. But while the record is favorable Howson will take his time and let Russ/Stralman or whoever develop their shot and hope that other teams like Colorado quit dominating us with their quickness. Which is probably the right thing to do for now.

CBJNut 11-23-2010 11:11 AM

What would it take to get Carrie Underwood to move to Columbus?

CapnCornelius 11-23-2010 11:16 AM

Fact: The third jersey will be unveiled at Tuttle by...Jason Spezza. :sarcasm:

kyle747 11-23-2010 11:17 AM

Well it isn't Spezza - Columbus doesn't have the assets for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 29128059)
Karlsson is an amazing player and has a very bright future ahead of him but I dont think we trade Nikki right now or at all for that matter. Ottawa probably isnt going to trade Karlsson but the value looks pretty fair with Ottawa may feel a little jipped bc Nikki hasnt scored yet.

Or Karlsson.